Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

airbrushing

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by KnoxIn, Oct 20, 2009.

Share This Page

1. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

it all depends man. for finer more precise work you want your psi to be between 35-50 otherwise itll be too high and youll get dry tip and particles plus itll be hard to control. here for example when i was putting in the details i think i had it around 45-50 and was using 1shot lettering enamel for its durability:

[Broken External Image]:http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3207/harley016.jpg

but in that same sense it will also fuck your airbrush up if you dont keep it under constant scrutiny with cleaning and stuff. i cant stress how important it is to properly clean your tools.

2. BORG

BORG Moderator

^^this painting made me lol :D wtf kinda animal is that exactly man?
    the hairstyle is hilarious :p

what kinda gun u using? although its a kinda big painting, looks nice and crisp, with some wicked details

no stressing cleanliness.....i'll treat the gun as if it were my penis

3. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

I have a double action Paasche, and a cake-decorating gun.. haha. I need to get a hold of a compressor though. I have everything else necessary.

4. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

that iis a borneo bitourang named bruce that lives at that zoo. they all look frazzled like that. its an iwata as well. iwata is always a the first choice when it comes to doing nice work although the racecar is only as good as the driver. so brands like pasche,badger, etc. are all good. but iwata is always a good investment. cleanliness is whats going to keep your gun running properly so dont take it lightly.

5. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

He's Right.......

Thats like the first thing you should learn.........Ppl send sooo much money replacing parts for thier brush ebcause they can't keep them clean.......I buy a new needle and a cone once a year.

6. rone

rone Senior Member

sorry i dont

7. Toonsketcher

Toonsketcher New Member

Ive used a single action paasche bottom feed, a double action paasche side feed, an iwata revolution double action bottom feed, and an iwata HPCS double action top cup feed. I HIGHLY recemond stepping up to the HPCS from Iwata. everyone i have airbrushed with all say the same thing too... if your looking for more detail than that you could go one step further to the iwata micron but if the thickness of a hair is as small as u want the HPCS will work great. also along the paint side i have used HOK "House of colors" and AA "Auto Air" i feel that autoairs beacuse of there water base are easier to run but i think once you get the hang of the paint it is a very great product! the flames below are done with auto air. auto air also has no shelf life and after you spray it it can sit for years before you even have to think of clearing it unlike HOK. HOK i feel is very user frendly and is an easy paint to spray, its what i started with. the santa below is sprayed with HOK. if i had to choose between it all i would go with an HPCS and auto air, but just like everythin else it comes with alot of practice.

002.jpg
    40555_418131299811_657974811_4534343_4003186_n.jpg

8. cause

cause Senior Member

2011-01-18_11.58.29 (1).jpg While I was at UTI in the collision repair program we had a custom paint class. one of the effects is airbrushing which i never did before. I like it a lot but haven't had much practice. but i got to use a brand new iwata revolution which wasn't bad to start with

9. AZTEKA

AZTEKA Senior Member

they usin iwatas now at uti? what campus were you at homie? we had some shit ones.

10. cause

cause Senior Member

In Sacramento. only there, and Huston, Tx have the Collision Repair & Refinish program

11. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

depending on where you live im sure there are classes that teach you how to use an airbrush. this may sound stupid but there defiantly worth taking, if your into graffiti it defiantly helps knowing how to use in airbrush.