Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Any good tips for a beginner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moxie, Mar 1, 2024.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. moxie

moxie New Member

---
    Hey, I'm a beginner tagger/graffiti artist whatever you wanna call it. I've had a hard time really trying to stylize my tag. I'm getting all the supplies I can, especially these thick graphite "pencils" from my art room. They draw on the bathroom stalls pretty well.

I don't know where to start, if anyone could just share some advice or anything it would be great. :)

2. Side_One

Side_One Senior Member

Post your tag here so we know what you are working with. For starters try making simple legible letters. Try different variation of letters. See what fits and what doesn't. Rinse and repeat.

3. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Hit up the toys forum, read through pinned posts and post some of your tags. The biggest thing most people do wrong is not starting at the beginning. A personaly style takes years to develop. Start with basics and get good attractive simple stuff down first.

4. Roskoh_dtc

Roskoh_dtc New Member

I think it’s important when you’re a new name on the streets to make sure it’s legible. You want to build your reputation and then throw some style in. CHAKA is a good example

5. DEKORONELINER

DEKORONELINER Member

like herbn said, go simple and try to get up and get recognized before changing your style. consistency is key.