Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Back To The Basics

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by grit, May 21, 2006.

Share This Page

1. DOK!

DOK! Senior Member

no dont put halos at all or arrows, or those little heart things, there just crappy gimmicks for your tag, they use to be decent but now every toy uses em (at least in my area) if you do anything just put quotations. or exclamations. but dont overload.

2. Kao.Ali

Kao.Ali Senior Member

i feel nice and bored, while im still a toy i know my shit

a solid tag? balance mostly make it distinct and consistent, even if poeple cant read it theyll still reckonize the same thing over and over

what do you look for? enything that sets it apart, in a good way like a dope color marker or the way your shit flows together

cans? steal, but dont steal from graff shops, if you cant, pretty much if your bombin youll ned good thick paint for filins and okay stuff for outlines like rusto fill with 1 dollar paint outlines

tips? expirment with shit you find at the hardwaere stoer, or order them cuz they cheap,

inspiration? books about bombin like all city, stay away from books about peicing theyll put wrong ideas with your head, watch bombing vids you can download some, ones like the war series where they show the lifestyle

procedure? fillin outline forcefeild, do what ever saves time learn to layer correctly with colors that can cover eachother

Bsaically learn for yourself, its the only way, stay true to why your paintin, dont conform to any rules, bomb any and everything, just have fun with it, dont do shit because its whats in or whatever come up with new ways to put your shit out, remeber that it aint an artform its property destruction (unless you just want to peice) there are no set rules and have fun with it

3. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

A nice tag is sharp,clean,bold and original. It took me a long time to get my own style but its given me a lot of satifaction to know that no one else out there has the same style as me. Also having the right epuipment is needed for tags i personally like the tried and true jumbo pilots w/ marsh/garv ink. In graff like all things worth doing you get out of it what you put into it.

BTW this thread is old so i think this post should close it.

4. ruse

ruse Senior Member

why not try getiin those toy blackboards n practice on that til u get a good enuf tag

5. trance

trance Guest

i am bored, so this post is for nuthin. and i am the last poster in all the tools/tips threads now

6. Mev

Mev Member

just get a style down, don't go out and do graffiti without waiting a few months of sketching and doing shit on paper.

that's my two cents

7. thief 127

thief 127 Senior Member

use arrows. arrows are fresh. wat makes them bad is putting to much in ur piece and puttin them in the wrong spots. but dont use them till u get a lil more experienced. toys tend to put them in hte wrong spots and make ur work look bad

8. Vivalarevolution

Vivalarevolution Member

I'm still a toy, but, far as I know, when starting out, know your history. Learn to appreciate what graffiti has been brought up from. Realize that yes, 90% of the time it is illegal, and yes, there is a good chance you will get caught. Around here, there are a lot of abandoned buildings out by the highway. Jump the fence, and practice in those. Also, carry a small, LEGAL (caps for emphasis) weapon with you. There are some freaky people out there, and they will try to kill you. Finally, have fun. Enjoy the rush. And remember, nothing annoys the bacon squad more than when you know your rights.

9. freeskier1292

freeskier1292 Senior Member

I'm still a toy and stuff but i want to know how to do a wildstyle even if im just practicing it in my blackbook. do I start from the left and work to the right or do i start with stuff in the foreground? do i keep adding stuff in or do i need a plan if where to put stuff?

10. Nasty_One

Nasty_One Senior Member

i really just started doing graffiti a couple weeks ago.. i've always loved the style and culture behind it... but never tried doing it. i've been doing graphic design for years and tattoo for awhile now, i went to art school and started to do stencils back then...

my biggest advice, is just try everything and everything... i started out tagging everything i own... i also work at best buy, so any boxes or posters, i take home and tag on them as well... the more you do it, the more you will feel comfortable finding your own style.

11. Kao.Ali

Kao.Ali Senior Member

practice your letters, just work on your structure find what lines and angles of letters look good and shit, dont focus on doing a "wildstyle" its more or an evolotion
    you dont just say well ima do a "wildstyle" now, you grow into it by getting confortable with the alphabet and seeing where to minimal and where to over do it as far as designs
    theres no process of creating like that, just like any other art there no set procedure to make a sculputre or an painting, its gotta flow out of you, and you get that with practice

and by the wat, no one really says wildstyle any more brah ;)

12. AEONONE

AEONONE Member

wow youre stupid everyone says wildstyle including you like twice in that post

13. sice1

sice1 Senior Member

:lol:

14. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

get ur self a pilot a few cans of silver and black rusto and you can progress from there. but before you put anything on the street you damn well better be able to do a decent throwie and have a good handstyle non of this hollow bubble letter shit ive being seeing all too much in my area. ive found i like to use a combo of yellow, bright green and hot pink for throwies.

15. k1ng

k1ng Senior Member

find a quiet area nd practice with the worst paint you can buy so when it comes to using th best
    your shit hot and ready for it

16. Hand-of-God

Hand-of-God Member

what makes a solid tagger is someone who is willing to write on anything, but if u do that u have to be parnoid its one of the only ways yo8u wont get cought, and as for what to look for in a tag u gotta have ur own style thatone eles has and just be diffrent.

17. gotyourselfagun

gotyourselfagun Senior Member

if you write your tag on everything and most likely will be really shitty if your just starting out you wont get any respect at all.. if you are good .. and dont write on everything and then someone see's one of your good tags they will prefer seeing that then a ugly ass tag on everything around the city.. my opinion

18. Pyro-maniac

Pyro-maniac Member

19. smartSOFT

smartSOFT Senior Member

you are a tool!!!

20. gotyourselfagun

gotyourselfagun Senior Member