Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Best Way To Clean Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by INCO, Aug 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ShadowDwellerOner

ShadowDwellerOner Senior Member

Is there any other readily available solvent you can sue to clean caps just as good cause i can almost guarantee I cant get that

2. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

^^^ i dunnno what that guy used... but if you can get paint thinner which i'm guessing you can just put your caps in a jar... fil it with paint thinner for a while and they should clean up nice....

3. area52crew

area52crew Senior Member

i used what i said i used?.... :rolleyes: :huh:

"4.Then fill it with Trichloroethylene (Tetrachloroethylene supposedly works better,not sure on that though)"

you can get it at most chemical stores or places that supply chemicals to highschools/colleges/universities as most of those have science classes unless it's some effed up school aha.,,loook in your yellowpages of your phonebook maybe to see if tere's anyplaces in your area? idk just a thought? sorry if i'm not being logical with that one <_< :blink:

4. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Just use acetone or paint thinner.

5. area52crew

area52crew Senior Member

it doesn't work as well though,i've left caps sitting in mineral spirits for around a week or 2 and it had no effect whatsoever except for the paint that was on the cap rubbed off,it did nothing at all to the paint clogged inside of it

6. arcRDK

arcRDK New Member

rubbing ALCHAHOL OR THAT SHIT GIRLS USE TO REMOIL NAIL POLISH SHIT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

7. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Paint thinner isn't always just mineral spirits, sometimes a mix of things. And acetone is a better solvent again.

And "THAT SHIT GIRLS USE TO REMOIL NAIL POLISH SHIT" is usually acetone. It generally overpriced when you buy it as nail polish remover, try hardware and auto shops for a better deal if you're buying.

8. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Whats with the sudden caps? And it's spelled Alcohol and the "stuff girls use to remove nail polish" is acetone.

9. Mark.D.Surface

Mark.D.Surface Member

how do i clean my caps? e z way to to keep caps clean for nextime if u dun wanna have to grab them from the store all the time is to just turn yer can upsidedown and spray that way just compressed air comes out and not paint....its a better idea to clean caps with krylon cans cause they are way over pressured anyhow so u don't have to wrry about waste and it's stong enough to force out the clog..

one other thing.. a cap thats on it way to getting cloged is actully pritty usefull for the fine details for like them pencil thin lines. so take advantage of that b4 u blast them clean again

10. G.SMooth

G.SMooth Senior Member

Where i ive its 50 cents a cap.

11. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

its pretty much around the same area in most places like 25- 50 cents

12. Lakai

Lakai Senior Member

go get some montana solvent from the bombshelter in tdot.

13. Skesh

Skesh Elite Member

Thats a good one

And I never realised that you can use empty cans to clean the caps, nice :D

14. InsaneSanity

InsaneSanity Senior Member

Get a big glass jar,

Mix paint thinner/white spirit with nail polish remover, bleach, rubbing alcohol, goof off and then spray aload of deoderant into a plastic lid and pore it in.. it should fizz and be like a fizzy drink fizzyness. put you caps into there and sturr. put the lid on loosely, (so the gasses can escape) then when you see there clean pull out.

If the caps work but are just dirty as hell dont use deoderant. the reason i put deoderant in is to flush out the insides..(its like rubbing alcohol)

15. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

16. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

holy shit sounds like you making mustard gas :D but why wouldnt you just use panit thinner alone it works good by itself

17. ADozenFuries

ADozenFuries Member

ya i just turn an empty can upside down n spray. does the montana solvent from the bomb shelter work good?(quote) i mite b goin there next weekend

18. KIDREK

KIDREK New Member

yo

yo dude go to a tools store and get a chargeble can and fill it with thinner, and charge it intant cap cleaner it only cost about 10 bucks youll save cash

19. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

where in erie can you get these cans at man cause i've never seen them in any hard ware store around here

20. Seti

Seti Elite Member

just buy a can of montana graffiti removal spray, an pop ur cap on it, spray then leave for a couple minutes and spray gain, and voula clear cap....