Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbook Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by dcite, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

me in art stores are bad i fill my pockets in no time

2. geezpot

geezpot Elite Member

I'm not a big fan of stealing high end art supplies. The good stuff is only at selected stores and personally I don't want to get banned for stealing stuff. Art is my drug and if I got banned from my drug store and wanted some new fresh felt colors or whatever I would look pretty stupid standing outside with my loot asking some nanny to bootleg my pens because I was stupid enough to rip them off and get banned.
    If your gonna steal, hit the big stores. If you're really passionate about urban arts and excelling your skillz you need to realize that the pimping art stuff ISN'T at walmart but at specialty art stores who are mostly independently owned. Kinda like buying NY thins, if you steal from the only store in town that sells them and you get banned from the store you're stuck. Although if Walmart started selling caps they'd be robbed blinder than the 5cent aisle at 7/11. Lots of people steal Krylon but not many writers steal Montana's-its a respect thing.

GEEZ

3. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

plus art stores have mad security

4. fáng1

fáng1 Guest

:ph34r: if you steal your art supplys, and get caught and youve allready been caught for graff, you are just giving graffiti a worse name than it all ready has, and we dont need that kinda publisity. but as for me i use gel markers, or i use this matelic marker my art teacher gave me, it doesnt leak through, i dont know what there called, but you get them at office depot for like .90 cents, but there like half the size of 'on the run' markers and run out fast.

5. dcite

dcite Elite Member

yo Geez, seriously man, good words. i think well all think about that a little more now..

6. dust

dust Member

COPIC markers are the most high quality marker i have ever used. They blend well and work awsome details. They are refillable and the inl lasts preaty long. they dont fade or smudge.

However they are like $6.50 a pop and that a heavy price for a blackbook marker, and their difficult to rack if ur not a pro :p

7. cube.one

cube.one Elite Member

cccCCcCcccccccccCCCCCccc UUUUuuUUuuUuuUuuuuuU
    bBbbBBBBbbbBbbbbBbBBBB eeEEEeeEEEeEEEeeeeEee

WAS HERE

CUBE

8. illmatik1

illmatik1 Member

i use prismas cuz they can blend..not like decos...at first i used decos.....buh then i discovered prismas....but the thing is about prismas...when their nue..they bleed onto the next 2 pages like crazy....buh i like the way they can be blended....looks sick...

9. stak

stak Senior Member

no point to addin this.. ctrl-z and ctrl-y should apply in the real world.

10. dluxd0cs1k

dluxd0cs1k Member

damn... :angry: .... what the fuck is up with all you k1dS that be buying your shit at the store... ever heard of coping your shit....??? <_< also...other markers that are opaque like deco markers are "painters" you can get them at Aaron Brothers or Michaels or Joan's.... most likely to be in the marker section next to the deco or where they have the markers that shake. They are exactly like deco's except without the whole runing thru the page problem.

11. QUO

QUO Member

prisma'a are already sick on blackbook material...never use shapries (obviously) cuz they bleed throught thepage...if your gonna top off ur work with lining i suggest the .5 or .7 pilot.

12. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

...If u use Prismas then u already got the top-notch B-Book markers. Gel pens are good 2 but they take forever cuz the flow is so small

13. cyras1

cyras1 Elite Member

What i use alot is the Kimberly Watercolor Pencilsyou could make theme as bold as you want(first otline with color pincil then get a extra fine brush and dip in water then go ove the out line)or you could damp the paper with a sponge and make a fade with the color pincil.then you could blend the colors together.But you dont have to use water all the time you could use them like regular color pencils.they cost like 5.00(12 colors in a box)
    :D

14. Flaw_fsm

Flaw_fsm Senior Member

Sakura Pigment ink markers (permapaque), there not paint but are milky and look really good and opaque and they are double tipped so you can use the bullet nib on one side and chisel tip on the other

15. Scuba

Scuba Senior Member

prismacolors....

16. 4CE(FORCE)

4CE(FORCE) Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH :lol:

17. Dsenter NAV

Dsenter NAV Senior Member

yeah i've tried just like felt tip markers but they overlap and leave all thesew lines all over your shit.
    at the moment im usin pencils, they aren't as strong as pens, but u can fade and shit.
    im also thinkin bout buyin some of those touch markers. they look crazy....

18. kosmo1ne

kosmo1ne Senior Member

prismas...but if nothin else then just use sharpies with a folded piece of notebook paper underneath...it works for me

19. kamikaze

kamikaze Senior Member

CopIcs are so expensive, but are really nice!

20. ESNED

ESNED Elite Member

i use sharpies simple enough