Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbook Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by dcite, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. inpho_211

inpho_211 Senior Member

there tittie good huh..
    lick..
    needa try them out..

2. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

yea my one4alls kick the living fuck outta anything ive ever used before... theyre paint markers that actually last and the nib never gets soaked or dry... perfect... i also use OTR prisma-style markers, never used prismas before but ive looked at them in stores and i can imagine them being a lot like OTR... use canvas paper blackbooks though or ur shits gonna bleed, and its a must with the one4alls because u straight cant write on normal paper with those, u can only do like one thin layer or it tears up the paper quick.

3. prefer

prefer Banned

there alright i think really any marker can be used for sketchin except for like those crayolas lol those really suck

4. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

Well i have a little taste in style. Depending on what I use, I use deco's for pieces and like throwies and stuff, Prisma's I would use for outlining or tagging but I would mainly use prisma's to do pieces in my blackbook.

5. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

prismas for tagging deco's in your blackbook?
    ai442.photobucket.com_albums_qq142_bigzeesh92_u_mad1.jpg
    prismas for blackbook, deco for canvasses and stuff.

bytheway

i have just racked some edding 4040, and the nib is like dried out, i can pump the nib until it explodes but it still streaks, my other edding 4040's dont... any suggestions??

6. rush2

rush2 Senior Member

take it out and soak in acetone

7. zennegen

zennegen Banned

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about if you're comparing molotow markers with any other marker.

8. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

thanks rush, ive tried it and it worked, thumbs up

9. Noz

Noz Senior Member

damn yo i need prismas...

10. ToNiC

ToNiC Senior Member

For those of us too poor to afford anything but printer paper this is no good. They ruin the paper and you can't fade or blend. Also, trying to darken your lines only ends up flaking the paper off in this weird way. It like eats it bro.

For those of you who can afford to drop seventy bucks, a basic Grog Cutter kit can really go a long way. I like mine. =D

11. a_theory

a_theory Member

i use artmarker markers for the book, they bleed thru alittle but not as bad as other brands and they are not too $$$ prisma would be my first choice tho.

12. sez¹

sez¹ Member

This website has Copics and Prismas for really cheap. What do you guys think of the Copics?

13. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

there very similair to prismas. However you can order the ink alone and actually blend your own colors and fill there empty markers they sell and have unpresedented artist freedom at your fat little finger tips. On the real though their good markers, they got XL's too that are like 3/4 of an inch i think

14. sez¹

sez¹ Member

Yeah I got the ultimate black set just to check them out and I'm thinking of ordering the 72A set and a stand

15. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Holy shit, sez, thank you so much for that website.

16. sez¹

sez¹ Member

Hahah no problem dude. Yeah I was so stoked when I found it.

17. Nook2

Nook2 New Member

Prismas and Deco's. I get my shit at micheals. Bought the primsa's (48 pack was half off so it was cheaper than the 24 pack). And I rack the Deco's because it's too easy. In the back of the store where no one is and individual markers? c'mon...
    My black book has fairly thick pages so it doesn't bleed. Prisma's are fucking amazing, minus the price.

18. IllLogic

IllLogic Senior Member

decos are the best next to prismas easier to get to

19. KinkyStab

KinkyStab Senior Member

i ordered some shit of bs last sunday and there was a weekend deal for these 3 free metallic markers that were otr i got those with my shipment and the caps didnt even fit on but there were pretty juicy and can cover anything
    ai42.tinypic.com_2dp75k.jpg
    this is a simp i did with them

20. TECKN

TECKN Senior Member

they got all the markers up front now next to the workers, but what i do is wear a long sleeve and slip em up