Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Snew

Snew Senior Member

Came- give crits to get em, but your bars look good, and the letters arent bad... but work on your proportions.. look how big your m is compared to the other letters.. your e is leaning the wrong way and throws off th flow, its because of the right bar of your m... turn them both the other way, id lose the little bit on the bottom of your E, and work on your letter spacing..

2. Takeout

Takeout Senior Member

Spent the after noon working on these. I'd like to think there is a huge improvement. Do you guys think I should keep working on simples before I start bending bars? Also, I'm aware there's an obnoxious amount of 3D drops going on here. I'm sorry. Just trying not to get bored.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y145_51d35h0w_DSCN0975.jpg
    ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y145_51d35h0w_DSCN0962.jpg
    ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y145_51d35h0w_DSCN0970.jpg

3. Cyto Aka Son1c

Cyto Aka Son1c Elite Member

Noir- the first one the NO are a lot bigger and simplified than the others
    Dont have the 3d going two different ways. dont even do 3d yet
    the last one is the best

ai40.tinypic.com_s5gy36.jpg

4. ESKids

ESKids Senior Member

ai722.photobucket.com_albums_ww223_eskchef_chef.jpg

just a shitty piece you said to stick with bars so hear is one crits?

5. mtown

mtown Banned

camel: lol you can write cameltoe

6. Emediation

Emediation Senior Member

chef - yes, except make it cleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, they are only bars after all.
    came - your a and m are soooo dope, the e could use some dope-ness, ya hear? lol

7. -zin-

-zin- Member

8. Emediation

Emediation Senior Member

those barely looks like the actual letters...

9. VaNdAL xBA!x

VaNdAL xBA!x Banned

10. -zin-

-zin- Member

lol , this forum is sooo bad.
    i bet if i did not post this in the "toys" section i would not get this kinda flak. or would i?
    probly would, just for the fact this forum has all shit members.

11. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Bump for new page.
    Zin - those letters are not legible. Go simple.
    Chef - 3D on the F doesn't look right. And on the right part of it h, it extends too far.
    Came - I don't like that piece coming off of the E.

12. KRE1

KRE1 Guest

no you would get this 'flak' cuz those "letters" (if thats what u call em) are so incredibly difficult to read they look like a jumbled up ball of shit.

13. -zin-

-zin- Member

lol KRE1, kiss my ass, you have nothing useful to say to anyone.

and not legitimate? i want them to be hard to read.
    they started out pretty simple, then i added more and more till i was done.

honestly if i had posted something simple y'all would have said " make them more complicated"

really, you guys are not helpful at all :\

14. Emediation

Emediation Senior Member

we are helpful,
    telling you your letters suck,
    go simple,
    so you don't embarrass yourself and actually paint those somewhere....

15. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  16. -zin-

-zin- Member

yeah, sure, whatever you say dude.
    Again, if i had posted a simple version, you would say "make it more complicated"

so stop bullshitting me.
    just a bunch of people who love to flame eh?

i also bet if i had posted a well done pic by someone else, lets say someone y'all did not know..
    you would still give me the same answer.

how about some real critique then hm?

oh and ESKiMO2 , that's got a killer flow lol

17. Emediation

Emediation Senior Member

okay,
    can someone else tell him what i'm trying to say?
    i guess i don't have enough posts for him to listen to me...

18. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

I saw Zin in my Egyptology book once, i think hes the queen of Denial..........

Seriously dude, thats the worst attempt at being old-skool-east-coast I've seen in awhile, start simple, because those are embarrassing.

19. -zin-

-zin- Member

wow this site is just FULL of elitist pricks eh?

look east coast fag graf w.e i don;t give a shit, is that all you have to say? you don't like it? well then fuck off im not asking you.

seriously hello out there, are there no ARTISTS?
    who just like to look at or paint graf for the art? not for making your E penis bigger like mr. lunchbox here?

and yes Emediation, i understand what you are saying, but this is my style so suck it, it's only cunts on THIS forum that hate what i and most other people write.
    because again, you're elitist cunts right?

i HAVE posted the simple versions and all you guys told me was either they suck, or they need to be more complicated.

so obviously your opinions are no more important than a pile of shit if you are just here to flame instead of respecting a persons art for art or be willing to actually help them get better.

20. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

no, you just suck.

^^^^EDIT: just read that load of shit posted above me.

1.) If we were actually elitist cunts, we wouldn't be posting in a toys thread, dumbfuck. We'd be like you, except trying to post in the big boys thread. Just because you can't handle a little criticism doesn't mean you have to get your panties in a tangle.
    2.) We are all artists. Your art sucks. We're telling you it does. And I never recall seeing the "simpler" version of those letters. because they probably do suck as well. By "more complicated," we don't mean "throw it way the fuck out of proportion, making it impossible to read, disconnecting and reconnecting letters, adding arrows out of nowhere." No. Sorry.
    3.) Here's constructive criticism: Learn to take constructive criticism, and stop being a whiny bitch. We say go simpler, then GO SIMPLER. We say go complicated, go a LITTLE MORE complicated. Your F has too many kinks, the arrows make no sense, and there are wiggles at the top branch. The G looks like a jumping whale getting harpooned by an arrow, and also has too many kinks. The J is a joke, although the top part could possibly make a sick T, if nurtured and tweaked correctly. The V is a mangled mess, and V's are rarely used with arrows, unless someone good can pull it off. You can't. and finally, the Y. The Y has too many arrows that are coming off all ends, bending over, making it seem like there is no end, and that is not a good thing. The arrows come from nowhere. IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.

are you fucking happy? you suck, and I gave you some help. Now either GTFO, or get better and stop complaining.

tl;dr: He's a whiny bitch who can't take constructive criticism, I gave him tips on his letters, and told him we aren't elitist if we're posting in a toy thread. His art also sucks.

Last edited: May 27, 2009