Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. <<Fathem>>

<<Fathem>> Senior Member

oh haha. ok. well as i said, my crits arent going to be effective, know what i mean? cus like if i dont know the techniques and stuff to graff yet, i cant say something is good or not, just cus like if i say for ex that b's stuff is tight (wich it is) thats not completly right cus you guys can find stuff that needs improvement. but yeah. b's looks good, and i like the fill, and the blue 3d outlines.

2. c0ld

c0ld Senior Member

Just give em. It'll be up to the receiver whether or not they listen. You'll get the hang of it.

3. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

Bump.

4. Neon_M@

Neon_M@ Member

hey pear, i cant really tell if your piece says anything, but nonetheless good job with the shading!

btw just a few scetches...trying to be simpler than before

Attached Files:

5. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

i like the idea of the e stacked on the o but you still need to work on your letters. keep it up

6. c0ld

c0ld Senior Member

Bump

7. Neon_M@

Neon_M@ Member

thanks bread, i love having 2 n's too, im trying to figure out a cool way to mirror the piece, or put a syymetry line down the middle.

btw when you say work on letters, do you mean just make them cleaner? just better looking?

8. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

both lol

and try to make this look better and into a piece, mirror effect. . .
    View attachment 520148
    something like that....make the e inside the o or something, i think that would look sweet if you could pull it off

9. Neon_M@

Neon_M@ Member

yeah thats basically what im going for, but i might have to save that for later once im better.

back to the drawing boards

10. graffdabusup

graffdabusup Senior Member

11. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

once again reep, first ones lookin good.

12. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Contrary to this post.. 3D isn't difficult. By "Not doing something" you don't learn something. See, the statement I quoted I wanted to touch on. Practice makes perfect. And if you are going to practice you may as well go all or nothing. I'm not the type of person who believes statements like.. "If you can't read well.. you should stop reading for a bit."

If you have to, make extremely simple letters.. and use a ruler to guide them to your vantage point. Then as your bend you letters keep the same idea, erasing the lines to the vantage point as you clean up your sketches. Or you could even practice making boxes, and other shapes and using the vantage point etc.. etc. Until you become more familiar with it. 3D essentially stays the same. However, objects.. letters and so forth are what makes it seem different. I'm sure if you searched on Google, it would give a nice descriptive set up. Or, check out art tutorials. They have break downs on 3D.

13. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

look at this haha i guess the weed had me dazed the other night, this is me attempting something called graffiti haha
    View attachment 520177

14. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Bump 4 crits..

Inlyn08 - I completely agree with you. You can't get good at something if you don't try. Who knows maybe you just might be good and understand 3D.

Bread- Go simpler. Work on your shadow.

Reep - the first one is nice

15. PegCityBoy

PegCityBoy Senior Member

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2778_4044462065_ca903795d9.png

started out simple then i got carried away kept fuckin with S's and nothing looked right still workin on it

i originally had the horizontal bar under the a under the P too but it was off center and didn't seem right

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  16. klic

klic Elite Member

Weekly Toy Handstyle Battle #35
    Word: Trick
    Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2009
    Rules: One entry per person

---------------------------------------

Weekly Toy Throwie Battle #12
    Word: Treat
    Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2009
    Rules: One entry per person

spam - each letter individually is good. but they dont really go together as a whole

17. PegCityBoy

PegCityBoy Senior Member

bottom page bump

also
    reep- work on your E on that blue an pink one
    gumonshoe- dont split up the word and jus work on that R
    otherwise both look good

18. goonzatwork

goonzatwork Senior Member

yo flawless...dope signature, smash your enemies is a hard fucking band.

and Taker, im feeling your simple shit...not saying you should stop writing Taker but there was a dude Take/taker that got up quite a bit around Erie a long time back.

19. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

bottom page bump 4 Crits

Spam- Make your P a little larger. Lose the bar on the bottom of A and maybe on the S. Make your letters overlap a little

20. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member