Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://www.dirtypilot.com/images/Ghost315s/ghost15_315.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.agiledevelopers.info/ugroove/pictures/43gky2js4hwvxea.jpg

that name is off limits.

and mawks those are raw

2. GHOST_

GHOST_ Member

Wow, sweet criticism LeaksOne, thanks for that. I can definitely see why you would think I had no idea Ghost was already taken considering the last few sentences of my previous post.

Does anyone have anything useful to say about the actual sketches maybe?

If not, it's cool. I was just going to try and get some help from advanced artists.

Let me reiterate something I said in my last post before wrapping this up. I understand Ghost has been used before. So have thousands of other names. I had already drawn up the sketches though before realizing this and was just hoping to get some feedback on them. Thanks again.

3. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

listen you fucking idiot. if he was some local writer i wouldnt say anything but he a big fucking deal and everyone is guna say the same thing. you might as well write cope. id figure you'd have enough sense not to write that.

4. GHOST_

GHOST_ Member

Okay. Hostility..

Situation: You don't really live in a "huge" city. You've seen graffiti here and there growing up at times and don't think much of it. Then one day you randomly get the urge to start trying it. You use the first name that pops into your head and that you like. You begin writing it and practicing with it.

You get online and do some research a week or two later, and come to find out the name you chose to use has already been done by someone somewhere else.

You then find a forum to post some of your pictures on. Even though you just found out someone else uses the alias you like you figure "what the hell I'm just going to post them anyways and see what people think for someone's first 'attempts' at graffiti."

/endsituation

Honestly, I figured I was just going to get flamed in the end. But still -_- ..fuck.

5. mawks

mawks Senior Member

haha just change your name.. your just starting out anyways and you'll probably change it another 5 times

6. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

well i would have put that same effort into thinking up a different name and sketching those out before posting on a graff site because regardless of what you say to defend your case people are guna point out that ghost is already a pretty big writer.

but as far as crits. the ballpoint one needs to be simplified. the black oneliner(?) needs practice and better letter definition and the throw could be improved. the ghost as a o is kinda weak. and try not to use a chisel marker when outlining your throw

7. AlecR2K

AlecR2K Senior Member

i think im gonna start writing JA ONE. we can go bombing ok ghost

8. GHOST_

GHOST_ Member

Thank you, honestly, for the small review.

I am already trying to think of another name btw but I really like working with those letters. Hmm.

We'll see what happens.

9. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

10. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

Ghost - constructive crit here - do simple letters don't even work on a throw yet because it is pointless til you understand your letter structure so simple like this:
    View attachment 550400

then look for a new name, I hope you already are because some names are just totally off limits, writing Ghost is like writing Revok or Cope, work on making your lines less shaky and just put hours and hours into blackbook work before you even consider painting

If you like the letters just rearrange them, it doesn't have to read Ghost or be a real word

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  11. Fury

Fury Elite Member

VEGA is also off-limits :)
    But really, do what Alts said, and just do simples, since I can hardly read some of it.

Mawk - Like I said before, change the A and you're golden.

12. cocacola

cocacola Senior Member

13. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

although it's really good man, the fillin is dope but you just need to focus on tat one situation right now/

14. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

It's weak, Dank. AND STOP POSTING GIGANTIC PICTURES.

15. cocacola

cocacola Senior Member

ay yo can i get some crits?

16. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

17. RedEyes

RedEyes Elite Member

Change the name, lose the breaks on the bars and go with key board letters that S is way out of proportion along with the E.

18. mawks

mawks Senior Member

you guys gotta give crits too..

19. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

i do as much as i can i just had nothing to say to fix on the last page

20. woonybomber

woonybomber Banned

no they dont give crits mawks i tell them all the time to but they dont