Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

2. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

keep your bars the same width, have the ends of the bars going into the other ends rather than stacking them up on each other. the bottom of your T for example. check how you have a chunk sittin on top the extension, smooth it down an work it into the other bar.

do dads an shit, didnt alter it too much

[Broken External Image]:http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/1602/tofe.png

3. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

4. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

HELL YEA THANKS GUY! I have trouble building and constructing letters,ive always been a slow learner and sometimes reading isnt enough for me to fully comprehend ( i think im like dislexic or some shit ) so to visually see my mistakes was nice for a change.Your advice is always on point,thanks for the support man its really stepping up my game.

5. GuyGuyer of Guyland

sall good homie, ive rocked a few nice sketches too lately. so i guess karmas helpin me back. any time. i woulda did that ms paint thing earlier but ive got serious adhd and i typically dont have patience to do so. but today i was able to with my morning coffee

6. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

7. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

i got fuckeddd up tonight and there is a flaws and messynes in the peice but overall i love how the letters looked..im looking foward to playing with them tomorrow when im not so fucked up..the t shouldnt have came out so skinny and some flaws here and there but fuck im really drunk ill have much more focus tomorrow

[Broken External Image]:http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/flippinchickens/DSCN3326.jpg

forcefield really determines how fucked up i really am,idk how it got that sloppy

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  8. GuyGuyer of Guyland

just keep working at it, parallel lines look very good if you use em well. the inside bar of your F needs work, same with the bottom of your F. the bottom of your T needs work. make the top bar of the T longer. and your E is much larger than the rest of your piece. make them all the size height. the top extension on your O make a bit shorter. try 2/3rds of what you have now.

but forreal, the bottom bar of your T. take that top line and make it go straight to that corner if you know what i mean.

9. GuyGuyer of Guyland

an yo, check the bar use on this quick paint sketch. see how i run my bars through each other? on the T in particular. the bottom bars run into the ends of the other bars. by doing that you get good bar proportioning and it looks clean an whatnot. run the bars through the other bars so all your bars are even and flow well.

dont use the E in this sketch on your piece though, its the E i use on my ground ups.

Attached Files:

• tofe.jpg
      tofe.jpg
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
  10. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

Good looks guy,im gonna work on it now.

11. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

12. DieHippie

DieHippie Senior Member

i aint feelin how the left of the O has a point and the right of it is smooth but eh ..

13. fakiee

fakiee Member

i think that O in your previous work (the green one) was better.
    ai232.photobucket.com_albums_ee170_teenageragainst_beztytuu1.jpg
    1. this looks bad.like you made a mistake.its not the same size as the rest of your piece
    2. i dont like the thing at the end of this bar.
    3. i think you should get rid of it or make it the same size as all the bars...

14. GuyGuyer of Guyland

thats the best T youve done so far tofe. on your O try flipping the way the bar turns. it stretchs outwards right nopw, flip it so it stretches inwards. make it smooth on the outside. the spine of your E make it go up just like your T and F.

just keep sketchin outlines an workin at it bro. youve made a retarded amount of progression over the past 5 pages. youve got the raw talent, no doubt, you just need to do a lot of outlines. you know what your doing now too. so it wont be that hard anymore, just gotta get the flow down and small things liek bar proportioning.

youre starting to use smooth curves in your bars too, and its really sharpening them up. signifigantly. the top bar of your F and T look real good homie. keep it up

15. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Kinda ran outta space but I think you get it. I did the spine of the F like this to kill some of the negative space under the horizonta bars of the F and so you wont have to curve the spine of the E in so close to the F. And i drew this before guyers crits, but I still kinda did the same things, haha. good looks.

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a103_DeciMatioN_3bc8ea18.jpg

16. Amends_Ego

Amends_Ego Senior Member

exchange with clout, first time peicing an S, kinda botched the OL but tired to play with varying the width to add more depth
    ai47.tinypic.com_288m6ag.jpg

17. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Amends, I dont know if ive seen your other shit, but from this I can deduce you need to stick to block, or keyboard letters if you will. For now stick to either all uppercase or lowercase. And you said you were trying to vary the widths, but to my I can barely see any changes. For now just stick to the same widths throughout the piece.

18. GuyGuyer of Guyland

nah, he's just comin outta block an stick letters. keep doin what you do amends. it takes time. but its a step in the right direction. yah gotta make some mistakes an whatnot. the letters are pretty good. i would have done a second hapital E. not a lowercase. i find when the rest are capital but you have one lowercase, it dosent look as bold as it could if everything was a capital. pieces an whatnot you can do that without an issue. simples, iunno.. your S could use some work. maybe bring the top a bit lower, similar to the bottom. it just looks bland to me. keep at it though, definatly not bad.

easer, that tofe piece is pretty good yo, i like what you did with the TOF. the T and F balance each other out mad well, looks great. but unfortunatly cuz of the balance of those 3 letters you left the E out to hang kinna deal ya know? looks all lonely an shit. yah could have brought the E in some more to kill that negative space. the top of the F wouldnt look bad if it hung over the E some more. but overall, its pretty bang on.

ill try an find a camera, once i do that then ill be able to pop off some sketches an exchanges

19. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Yeah, once I got to the E and realized I didnt have that much room it kinda made me not care anymore. Especially since I was just sketchin it real quick to give him a good idea of where to go with it. I figured he can figure out how to bring that E in an look better. Ill help but I aint babysittin, ya know? haha

20. GuyGuyer of Guyland

i hear ya clout, you did your thing. its more than 90% of heads in here is gonna give