Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. chiefy

chiefy Senior Member

2. nah!

nah! Banned

try keep them the same height and keep the bars the same width.

3. thepekins

thepekins Guest

4. Gatsoi

Gatsoi Senior Member

Somber the R and the S in bars are steezy

Get rid of the negative space

5. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

to madekdga and everyone else, I'm moderating the toy forums heavily getting rid of all the useless chit chat and only leaving the constructive crits and useful posts and flicks, as you notice in the last page, your constructive post was left intact. nothin personal dude, just doing my job. if your post is a waste of space, please don't post it or it will be removed
    examples:
    a million consecutive props/hates will be removed and only the first couple will be left... basically repetition, the guy got the message that his shit is dope/whack the first couple times people told him so. either add something to the table or dont post at all.
    unconstructive crits like "yo that sucks" will also be removed... elaborate please to keep your post
    help to be helped
    pics are never removed unless they're repeated or are off topic (ie posting blackbook handstyles in a painted pieces thread, or posting youtube songs in a throw battle thread, it belongs in the "what are you listening to thread" keep it there)
    and regarding chit chat, there's always the relatively un-moderated Toy Chat thread everyone loves and everyone's inboxes to fill up. so go nuts there mans
    also, useless fights will not be tolerated in public, either take it to beef battle with 2 pics or beef it out verbally in each other's inboxes

dont hate the player of course.
    let's make this a better place boys.
    thanks
    PS If you talk......Post a picture related to the topic in the thread...and Contribute( Crits dont need to be followed by a picture unless you have one) - Viruz

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  6. pointman

pointman Senior Member

all my dark markers are running out scratchy outlines haha and weird tentacle things...it looked cool in my head okay :eek:

Attached Files:

7. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

View attachment 601876

just some quick shit bc i haven't posted in a while

spurt: go simplier!
    thepekins: work on your letter spacing, and when you make a bar flair out i feel like you are doing it too robotically if you know what i mean? if not i'll clarify. Your single letters are good for the most part but it seems you have trouble making the piece flow all together. and watch your structure in some spots, if one side of the bar bends then so should the other.
    stigma: i feel like you are at the point where you are better and want to advance your letters more but they arn't turning out the best bc you seem to be losing the structure of the letter. keep working at it though. make sure when you add extensions or bend the letter doesn't accidently turn into another letter or a complete mess.

8. ribcage

ribcage Banned

YES!!! finally something signature worthy, thank you my *****. I am greatful

pic for talk...for round robin tourney, deleted it earliar cause the A is fucked and I would like to redo it but might not find the time...
    View attachment 601913

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  9. chiefy

chiefy Senior Member

pointman- you should keep the letters more simple
    BlacktodaFuture - that looks nice and clean but i feel the R could be betetr but idk how
    ribcage - that looks pretty dope and nice and simple but i think your 3d is just abit off.

10. pointman

pointman Senior Member

11. FACTone

FACTone Member

I'm not really feeling your simple. also the gaps in the letters p and R need to be black because of the 3d fix it

1:first attempt for trow-ups
    2:normal
    3:did it for hand style battle but turned out in piece
    4: old name simple
    5:normal
    critz are welcome also 2and5 aren't good

Attached Files:

12. Svc

Svc Senior Member

pointman-L and r need work
    Snapshot_20110314_2.jpg

13. Skope2

Skope2 Senior Member

Pointman - take that style and incorporate the use of bars. Theres a whole bunch of pictures and stuff in the 'New to graffiti' thread thatll give you a decent push in the right direction.
    Fact - I dont like the small letters in the middle of the pieces, but thats just personal preference. I like the way youre going with the letters you use for 'Fact' though, but that T on the end needs to be a bit bigger, it looks a little out of proportion to the others.

Pulled this up this morning, not sure if all the different colors work.
    The other one is just a refined version of the one i uploaded on the page before.

Crits would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

14. ribcage

ribcage Banned

yo where at? all i see is inconsistent angles at the top...

15. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

Nice piece..... Here's a new piece I did, trying to get some different more unique Ds, but eh... not working, crits welcome

Attached Files:

16. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

work on using the same style for each letter, none of them really flow together. it looks like you spent alot of time on the D and the S, but the H came out being your best letter. also work on keeping them all the same size, as well as bar width.

17. ian

ian Elite Member

ill help ya here, left side of the C goes straight left, but the top part of the right side of the C goes down and to the left at a 45 degree angle. the bottom part on the right goes down and left, but it is less of an angle than 45 degrees. left side of the A looks straight to the left, inside of the top of the A also goes straight left, bottom part of the A goes at a 45 degree angle again. Left side of the G goes down and left slightly, not quite straight but close too it. top right of the G goes 45 degrees again, as does the bottom right. left of the E goes a little more down and to the left than the G, top right is about 45 degrees again, bottom right is a bit less than 45 degrees. if you wanna go straight left, then do it, you wont be able to see the bottom or top of anything, only the left side. if youre goin for 45 degrees down left, the angles on the top of the CGE are a little funky for that, and the 3D would be barely visible if it is visible at all on the top part of the C but totally visible on the bottom left, if you need me to i can show you but i tried to explain as best i could

18. pointman

pointman Senior Member

No effects shadow or 3d just trying to get the letters themselves down.

Attached Files:

19. ntn

ntn Member

@SPLRT
    the 2nd one is much better than the 1st one. looks cleaner and it flows more.
    but the S is in a different style than the rest. and the T is kinda apart of it. try to make the T part of all.
    but i like that stlye keepitup

20. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

splrt... looks like youre worried about the negative space. work on your letter spacing.