Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Usoma13

Usoma13 New Member

2. PermanentMarkers

PermanentMarkers Senior Member

Self - Good bar consistency but it feels forced, do your own thing

Tempo - Chill out and stop posting on this website... fill a couple blackbooks, learn your style, focus on tags and throwies, then move to pieces. You get good lines from deliberate repetition of throwies and tags over and over, and then you know how to transfter that deliberate line to a piece. Keep puttin in work and you'll get better.

Name - Keep going along those lines, play with the tops and bottoms of your letters to add style.

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5148_5694738174_de249146b2_z.png

This is pretty much my first non-straight piece... fuck the middle of the M, dont know what i was thinking there.

3. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

don't get hype from my recent posts. im working on bars and intend to continue with them for a while. your right i should do more throws as well .

perm your first non str8 piece is ... great. very creative.

4. extinct

extinct Senior Member

i hope your sarcastic...
    everyone who posted a flick on the page- colour an extensions aint everything... go look at aseks posts in the real blackbook thread in pictures... his style is mostly simple... real inspirin shit

5. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

240379_163915227003146_100001540101387_380064_4539371_o.jpg

Ask2 here is my exchange fo ya, started off real clean wit pencil anyway.

extinct I look in there on a regular, aseks lines are mad clean right.

6. Kid Samurai

Kid Samurai New Member

Last sketch
    SNC11166.JPG
    samurai piece
    Recibo toyota sa 028.JPG
    Bruce Lee enter the yard
    Recibo toyota sa 027.JPG
    random sketches
    Recibo toyota sa 030.JPG
    Recibo toyota sa 026.JPG
    Photo0167.JPG
    LOVE PEACE AND SOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL
    Recibo toyota sa 018.JPG
    HIP HOP ALL DAY EVERY DAY!!!
    Recibo toyota sa 032.JPG
    FIRST POST A LOT OF PICS LOL CRITZ PLZ???

7. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

some ballpoint freestyles with my bro, "sors"

tempo- dont be afraid to make your outlines thicker, but make sure that your still using a fineliner for the outline, just going over it more times, this will your pieces look plenty cleaner.

kid samurai- your characters are pretty dope, only some minor faults such as the bloke holding the can his fingers are a bit off

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  8. PermanentMarkers

Damn i love pen shading. Just banged this one out... (not pen though, pencil crayon ftw, gives the best scratchy fill)

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2399_5695137769_57be5447a3_z.png

Time to sleep... i've been sketching and blazing since i got off work at four yesterday... No time to sleep when you're making progress.

9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

maybe to drunk to crit but ima do it anyways

@Usoma you need to work on bar width consistancy and smoother bar-to-bar transitions

@pemanent take some of your own advice and fill some books, not tryin to diss or nothing but your shit looks forced, like extensions on A middle of M and bottom right of N. + your D is real weak

@tempo uuuuuuuuhhhhh idk even what to say on your shit, it aint very good, and it looks like you threw it togethor in like 10 minutes.... take your time breh and really sketch something out, it might take 20 min or it might take 3 weeks, just make your shit on point and do it right

@samurai your shits alright... i woulda saved some posts for when you wanna talk/crit but whatever. Seem like you know the concepts of letter structure and all that jazz... gotta take it to the next level though. Work on clean bar transitions to make your letters look cleaner. Also be lighter on the pencil or erase it before you outline, cause on the last one third one and fourth one the pencil is seen through your black outline and makes that shit look real ugly

@shroomsh hard to crit freestyles, so ima just say that I dig the cleanliness of the lines. Keep postin

and finally a little pic update for all the talk. Still havent finished this bullshit, keep passin through it and workin on other shit
    View attachment 605644
    and for some reason i cant get the right lighting for the pics, so the colors may look different ffrom pic to pic... my b

O and @ permanent on yo new shit/ most recent post, i aint diggin the top of the A, bar width kinda funky the way it changes dramatically from letter to letter, and looks to me like 3d is off in multiple places

10. ribcage

ribcage Banned

I think the doublepost is justified because its been 12 hours... you can fix it if you want phat
    made a few coloring mistakes, but its finished, cheers
    View attachment 605671

11. PermanentMarkers

You should add some highlights to the 3-D and the fill, distinguish your curves and such. 3D on the mid bar of the H is off on the right and middle.

12. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

im with PermanentMarkers on that one

wish i took more time on this, didnt think it all through\
    ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q168_matthew1o_0505111651.jpg

13. PermanentMarkers

I like it Dank, made me laugh.

I think you could add more detail to the clouds, right now they only have two dimensions, you should try to add depth to them, make it look like a platform he is sitting on if you know what i mean. You could maybe make the background a little busier, and if that joint is lit (i'm assuming it is if i'm supposed to hit it) its not smoking, and doesnt look on fire.

Oh, and the letters are good and simple, but the right bar of the U bugs me

14. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

its too late to add smoke, i was thinking about it. it woulda been a nice addition though.
    I'm gunna try that with the clouds, gunna have to think it through because i dont know how to pull that off well and id rather not ruin the piece, haha.
    thanks for the crits, gunna keep alot more stuff on my mind next time i draw something like this.

hahah whats this credit bullshit?

15. PermanentMarkers

I would describe it as basically doing the bumpy things you did, but coming towards you instead of straight up, if that makes sense. You have to be very careful with them though. Definately practice before you try it on your piece. Dont do too many or else it wont make any sense. Use them to add depth to the clouds. For instance, you can make some of the bubbles look like they are in the back behind other ones by making your depth lines diappear behind the vertical ones.

Hope you can dechiper that

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

I aint got a white, 3d on middle bar of H is off because of coloring mistakes, i would rather have the 3d off then the green mix with the yellow on the second outline making it look weird. Like how on the end of the middle bar of the H there is fuckin pink in my yellow because i was going to originally going to leave that bar open and I colored it that way, but then decided to close it and going over the end parts of that pink would have made the middle bar's end look weird.... ya feel me?

but fasho on the crits

@dank lol i dont think buddha ever sat on any clouds... How you like drawing buddha? I tried drawing him sittin under a tree a few months back, but that shit was hella hard, making his man tits proportionate with his belly and fat head

17. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

haha well clearly im not going for realism. but drawing buddha was fun, ive done some goofy doodles of him in the past.
    yeah it took a litlle bit making his fat body look right with his head.

18. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

@ rib - looks like your did a nice job and took your time on every detail, I understand why that's so important. I didn't notice any defects until perm pointed that one thing out, besides the missing outline around pop eyes right hand, either way it looks good.

@ dank - whoa haha buddah is exposed its official. na jp, cool concept i think thickening up the writing on top would help imo the J looks lit , nice letters down there those two D's look almost identical.

@ samurai - I especially like your random sketches i think your next ones try an improve on the coloring that would step them up a lot.

@aomin - your piece would improve a lot with more identical design on both sides of your letters.

@shroomsh - from what i can tell your style would look dope with more in depth detail and diverse colors. lets see it.

19. ribcage

ribcage Banned

aaaaye you noticied that eh? lol yeap another coloring mistake, colored that part in before i decided to outline popeye in yellow

20. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

i dont know what crits have been given (tl;dr)... so heres mine;

everyone BUT ribcage, shroomsh and dankbudz need to go simpler.. easy as that

new shit ive been working on... crits plz?

p.s- ignore teh blue stuff inside the letters on the white and blue piece, the idea was MUCH better in my head lol

Attached Files: