Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

i really like that second pic. The R could have been angled differently to match the K but still looks really nice, what do you use to color? And what paper?

2. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

3. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

I used prismas on the Mak and Makro piece, sharpies on the simps.
    I dont really know what paper, the top one was in a sketch book, medium graid or whatever it says on front.
    and the other one was in the back of my year book haha, its got a nice brownish look.

for your piece i would just loose the bars that continue upwards, and shorten the one on the K, it would look pretty good at that. Try not to hide the C behind the A, as no other letters are hidden as much.
    Also work on placement for the Highlights, did you use a sharpie paint pen? the white sucks dick for those haha. looks just like it.
    bars look goooood

4. Living_Is_Suicide

Living_Is_Suicide Member

First post here. Crits anybody?

Attached Files:

5. Jiska Matos

Jiska Matos Senior Member

the idea was nice, but you letters r a little bit messy and your 3D is all over the place, clean up a little bit and you in the right way...oh and nice efects and flower on the bottom

6. Living_Is_Suicide

Living_Is_Suicide Member

Alrightt ill try n get my stuff a little more cleaner. and i always have had a problem with the 3D but im attempting it haha i always need to improve my stuff. but thanks. thats the first time i ever drew an ocean and that flower type stuff. just trying to get a whole elaborate peice, Soon ill be posting some paint. cuz my parents are starting to let me practice on walls and sheets.

7. Jiska Matos

the 3D is simple...start by doing simple shapes and 3d them...you wil learn how the 3D adapts to the difrent types of shape...oh and i know how to draw flowers to xD

Attached Files:

8. Living_Is_Suicide

Living_Is_Suicide Member

Alrightt ill try workin on somethin new and try to get posts up by tomorrow. but thats relly nice.. that ws my first try to do flowers. haha not the best. but im trying to get there

9. Jiska Matos

if you don't like how the 3D is turning out just skip it, and do a fat outline with some efects like bars or bubbles

10. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

11. nah!

nah! Banned

acek just do simples they look 200x better
    ~~~

hmm kina messed up every letter apart from the N
    View attachment 607980
    and my pieces alway curve up in this book fuk

12. CyphOne

CyphOne Senior Member

Acek, that looked way better before you added forcefield/color/inner circuit thingys

13. ian

ian Elite Member

To me it looks like either Keau, or Keanr. It looks good but i would add in a separate n instead of using the u and a. also the top right of the K needs work and id separate the bottom leg of the K from the E

14. Jiska Matos

just try to make te last 2 letters a little bir diferent

15. Jiska Matos

just a little thing...ther's a missing parte of the 3D in the left side of the A

here is something i did today in the car, yeah i know i suck

Attached Files:

16. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

ted logan, you can still do that while defining your letters better and making them mor legible. I'm gonna have to side wth ian and say that if I didnt know wht you write, I wouldn't have figured out what came after the A...
    this goes only for this one sketch, the rest of your works are steak sauce my man :)

17. nah!

nah! Banned

gonna do more detail but might redo it on a blank page

18. Skope2

Skope2 Senior Member

I've been told not to crit, so just going to beg for crits of my own. Crits please? The 'R' is dog shit.

Attached Files:

19. FACTone

FACTone Member

previous one but colored, first 2 pages of new blackbook

Attached Files:

20. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

@Scope2 making the T really long made it look really bad and i had no idea that was a B until i saw that you posted this a couple pages back, before you colored it, and wrote that it said DEBTR, so i would suggest next time making the arm of the T shorter and making the back of your B straight