Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

i know this is not 100% the right place but, tag thread is moving to slow, and for some reason they do not know what crit is. so mind giving me some opinions on these 4?
    DSC00225.jpg

2. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Thanks for the crits bandit

Get that isht out of here Satan. Theres no need to post every single tag you try. Keep writing, try to find one that YOU like. One that YOU'RE satisfied with, not us.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  3. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

@MN nice to be honest any crits would be nit picking that piece is simple solid and pretty damn nice

4. sema

sema Senior Member

bottom page bump

5. lawlcat

lawlcat Senior Member

I just fucking told you in the tag thread to keep them simple and write it over and over again to develop style... Those are the EXACT same tag four times and you're just slowly devolving the shitty P into a shitty F, so you're first move would be stop that. Keep it simple and it will come.

Consider that a crit?

6. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

ewal4.JPG
    ewal5.JPG
    these r a couple weeks old, but iv been out of town so i haven't gotten around to finishing them yet. Crits please

Mc Satan - i agree with lawlcat those are all the exact same tag, try something different

7. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Clean work Ewl. Only thing bugging me about the top one is the W closing inwards on the top. Not too good looking. The second piece is meh. Connecting all the letters ruins it for me and the L is practically an i since its connected with the cross bar of the A. Pretty cool char though. Give your pieces some color too.

8. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

285980_195019130559422_100001540101387_526191_5408931_o.jpg

to keep it simple yall jus be persistant listen to all a the heads in the forum if ur seeking guidance they do have good advice. not for nothin. thas my 2 cents 40 day. peace G an E's

9. arsebanditskaelsucker

arsebanditskaelsucker Senior Member

yeah thats better tempo...nice and fat them letters..feed them some pies lol
    Satan- take a whole wedge of paper and a pen and tag away little buddy :) go crazy....you'll get one you like and also you'll be able to do it in like 2 seconds flat :)
    also in my picture below i tried a phile tag for you lol forgot bout that did it last night while i was looking at your 4 attempts lol .....don't know why i just felt the need :)
    ewal- not crazy bout the e crossing over the w in the second one but other than that is not so bad...i like the little guy holding on the top of the a, if your 3d was a bit more precise i think the little guy holding the a would make them letters 'pop' :)

think i'm guna have to fatten up the leg on the R here and hope colour makes it look better lol...anything else you guys can spot??:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6445/1005424.jpg

10. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Ewal- top ones got good structure, cause its simple as fuck. but on the bottom one you gotta lose the connections and keep a baseline n all that jazz. You just tried to bend the bars too much in weird places.
    Tempo- take your own advice, you do some weird shit to your letters
    Bmore- keep your bars coonsistent and clean it up, it looks mad sloppy and quick. Take your time on your work

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  11. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

arse after 5 pages full , i ended up really like that P in my 4 attempts don't really knwo why. which is why i made them bigger and modified the P a lil on each one, thnks for the tag btw. also you need to fatten up that leg on the R it look a bit out of place like that

12. CliffJackson

CliffJackson Member

@Satan I like 4 too. I think everything flows nice. I want to see the tag with a fatter marker, i think that might look a little better and help fill in them empty spaces!!!!. Crits on my sketch

Attached Files:

13. mista_dza

mista_dza Senior Member

get rid of taht arrow goin through the piece and damn you relax on that pencil you might break it next time before your finished. lol is it just me? or do you guys like using like 2b pencils to do a sketch?

14. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

That'll happen with crappy notebook paper and any #2 pencil.

Too many posts from me lately lol But thats clean as fuck, dank. VVV Good work. Keep the stone and moss theme in the 3d.

15. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

^lol, not rearry

still gotta put some 3d on this, but can i get me some crits?
    ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q168_matthew1o_brains.jpg

16. nah!

nah! Banned

its nice except the E and R are a little low

17. ribcage

ribcage Banned

18. ATAK!:3

ATAK!:3 Banned

Snapshot_20110807_1.jpg
    quick ten minute sketch before i go surf, crits?

19. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Member

@Dankbudz: slap some 3d on that, my suggestion is go inward on your letters so it kills the negative space
    @Ribcage: looks cool but I think you should add some curve into those letters, especially on the R.
    @ATAK: does that say Desa?

sketch for talk. 007.jpg

20. ribcage

ribcage Banned

extension on the S is wack, extension on the top left of C is super wack, extension on the K is like the one on the s

...too late. redoin this one now tho
    View attachment 611333