Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. SENAoner

SENAoner New Member

hey sema i know i still need to work on my letters but i still need to do colors for my youtube viewers and youtube battles. i think colors can really bring out your piece but if you have insane letters then you dont need great colors. I just dont really know a good color scheme and i would like to finish this and upload it to youtube. i know im starting to work on my letters alot more

2. Mischuf

Mischuf Member

so...this...
    4.jpg

Looks a bit wonky cos i can't get page to lay flat...

and looking at it like this the m is still wonky... i need to do it from right to left i think, i dont fuck up that bit if i remember to do that.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  3. sema

sema Senior Member

View attachment 31487 View attachment 31488 bump this rite quick, n thor just do basic fills i guess for now blace outline with a light color fill like baby blue fill dark blue 3d, or if you wanna mix colors study color charts

4. ribcage

ribcage Banned

first one looks terrible, complete eye sore. Second one looks like your starting to get the hang of that 3d but there are still parts that look totally wrong, different sized 3d on parts that are right next to eachother... 3d like this is hard to get down tho. Pic is too dull/blurry and small for me to tell if Im correct on the parts that look bad, so ima leave it at that. I posted an abstract and a piece I did with this kinda 3d a while back... idk if you saw it but it may be a good reference

...found it.
    View attachment 613193

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  5. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

6. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Your letters are ok. Plenty of room for improvement. I highly suggest working on your 3d. It's all over the place, wobbly, missing parts, etc. I'm not trying to be hard on you. This is a little advanced, but a great resource. http://www.khulsey.com/perspective-drawing-basics.html As far as colors. I am a big fan of shades of pink, purple, blue, and green together. color pencils alow for good blending if you take your time. Stay up.

Rib: looks good man. I'd like to see it a little larger.

7. sema

sema Senior Member

ya i been tryin to figure it out but imo the 3d dont need to b the same size it just makes it look blockie, like if you were to do a 3d piece with clay would you make everything the same width or would you stretch, shrink, blowout porportions? thanks for the comment tho i know wat your sayin

8. PETER

PETER Elite Member

stretch and bent the shit out of it. but in order to do it well you have to have a firm grasp on the basics. From what I've seen you're off to a great start. Work hard on some basic 3 point perspective stuff. that should help a lot. I love the pic in your sig by the way. What an amazing guy!

9. smack1one

smack1one Member

i change it im now spek 4 i hav changed my name too many times in the last month so i jus add a number

10. smack1one

smack1one Member

IMG_0273.jpg

i changed my name to spek4

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

...you can stretch it I guess, but if its not "blockie" it makes it look like shit. All the 3d doesnt need to be the same length/width or nothin based on the perspective your drawing it. But with the shapes your using if its not squared off/blockie with the shapes that are squared off and blockie than it looks like yours does.

You see the one I did before? cause now I really look, a lot of the shapes are similar between ours.

12. sema

sema Senior Member

i know what your sayin i didnt see yours before i just started comin on this site a month or so ago when i moved to fl n lost my life i used to be on here years ago, i just looked at a bunch of 3d on google n my graff world book for basic shapes shades ect. but its dope more deffinition between light and dark values would make it pop more but it gets tricky keepin same lighting perspective throughout

spek- just change your name im not goin out writin cope574948 learn your history and use a name not known around the world, k thanks

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  13. bak

bak Senior Member

mscf? unique name but id stick to words instead of letters put together that actually have sylibles(?) idk my two cents

quick bbook sketch for thots
    View attachment 613211

14. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

^diggin that R
    havent post a sketch in a minute, feedback always great.

IMG_2394.jpg
    over-due exchange with evow

IMG_2396.jpg
    quick 15min simple

IMG_2397.jpg
    exchange with sin

IMG_2399.jpg
    exchange with reach

IMG_2400.jpg
    high as fuck for this one hahh

15. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Is having a "tag" thats already taken still an issue? Back in the day people used to wanna fight for tags but, I always wanted to battle. Its bullshit in my opinion... I been around graff for the better part of 20 years and have seen dumb stuff happen over it. I say if you wanna own your tag better know how to rock it, to keep it.

Spek- the fact of the matter is, if you wanna make your mark, be original and creative. I jumped around with tags for a long time when I was a kid but, finally settled on Game and use Dribs as my "back-up" or alias for when Im bored of doing Game/ gamer/ games/ gameski pieces...

16. smack1one

smack1one Member

thanks and im still a kid im 14 and ive been switching my tag every week cuz there "taken" but im trying lol

17. smack1one

smack1one Member

i have changed my tag name to "smek" any issue with it?

18. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

Photo-0177.jpg

tape and sharpies hahah lmk what u think crits please good or bad don't matter

19. smack1one

smack1one Member

the s looks different than the other letters

20. emace1

emace1 Member

afarm7.static.flickr.com_6182_6131169993_f0599283ca.jpg
    IMG_0037 by sirduke!, on Flickr

pretty quick and pretty shitty, trying to work on my straights. lemme get them critsicles yoooo