Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

2. knowtheledge

knowtheledge Senior Member

Jiska - thanks dude your style is mad nice. i aint a fan of anime but your characters are on point still. keep that ish coming!

Ewl - clean bars for sure dude, the bottom lines a good start for letter structure n flow. I would try to fill in some gaps tho

this is supposed to be for the sketch battle but i aint really fuckin with it..
    afarm7.static.flickr.com_6096_6243827726_1e42046405.png

3. Jiska Matos

Jiska Matos Senior Member

EWL24- allways clean and true 2 your style, keep it up
    Colors- First one has some cool things and it's not bad, got to work that "E", the second one is just wrong, the bad color scheme makes it worst...try making it more clean
    Know- the orange outline just kills it, simple but stylish

4. ERAYS

ERAYS Member

knowtheledge --> thats siiick, i love the colors!!

EWL24 --> thats pretty good structure, i would try 2 mess with it now, like start throwing 3d on it and overlapping letters etc...

Jiska Matos --> thats really cool!!

any crits on this??

Photo 251.jpg

5. Goofy_Wan

Goofy_Wan Member

Knowtheledge - Pretty beast man, I'd say that's heading into the realms of intermediate.

ERAYS - Nice, clean and fairly simple, also shows you're moving into making it a little more technical, but without trying too much too quickly. Nice one.

My reviewed 'Goof' piece:

IMG_0402.JPG

I reckon its time I started getting colour on the go, which will have to wait for payday. An alphabet is next on the cards.

6. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

goofy - try an out line nex 1
    erays - work in progress i hope, otherwise that is mad half ass. go over the pencil with something more permenant. maybe take out those lines that cross between letters
    colors - characters are straight could you bug em out a lil more though. give em some vices or somethin ahha
    jiska - good one that is clean homie
    know - somethin about your work is confusing me im still trying to figure it out what it is tho.
    298358_226873220707346_100001540101387_631688_1946589925_n.jpg

7. thotz.one

thotz.one Banned

8. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

01.jpg
    i have no clue how to make peices so i cant really crit anybodys
    but heres an exchange for my n i g g a ribcage

9. Kasc-One

Kasc-One Member

redid this kline
    ai1234.photobucket.com_albums_ff404_Sce161_photo_4_1.jpg
    heres one for speak
    ai1234.photobucket.com_albums_ff404_Sce161_photo_5_1.jpg

10. knowtheledge

knowtheledge Senior Member

kasc, I ain't much for simples cause I was never good at em but I like yours.. as for crits I would say keep your letters all caps or all lower case.. good proportionality tho.. go paint that shiit!

anyone down for an exchange?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  11. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

330733_227000010694667_100001540101387_632195_733481471_o.jpg
    colors - ha that is a character nice addition i was thinkin of ninja in this one i ono yet
    thotz - ur good dunny ga'hed n do watev

12. thotz.one

thotz.one Banned

13. Goofy_Wan

Goofy_Wan Member

Tempo - Cheers man. Next version will be up later today. As for yours (the piece at the end of the previous page): good, solid structure, my only criticism is the conjoined M and the 4th letter of the piece. Looks out of place compared to the rest of it. I'd say either keep all the letters separated or have them all conjoined.

Thotz - That's fresh man, I can't really fault it. Nice fill, background and composition. Nice one.

14. thotz.one

thotz.one Banned

thanks man. the picture doesnt really tell it like it is. that tannish looking color is cinnamon toast. looks doper in real life.

some straights before bed.
    THOTZ.straight.bb.jpg

15. ZETA

ZETA Senior Member

@thotz, man i hate T's... i think you made them work well with the piece though

16. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

@thotz; regardless of what the last posts have said about your style, it's not good. you are trying too hard to achieve something that you will never get to until you have learned proper letter structure. so before going all crazy like that start of simple, and see where that gets you. then gradually build onto your style, and you will get better and better.

17. thotz.one

thotz.one Banned

@ Zeta ya im having a little difficulty with my T's as well. but i appreciate the crit.
    @ Tasty. What do you mean simple? For one there was nothing technical about the DRZ piece. Pretty simple lettering with a little flare, do yoj not agree?

18. Cro²k

Cro²k Member

3aw.jpg 04102011103.jpg 04102011104.jpg 05102011106.jpg 05102011107.jpg Sagesse.jpg Sexy.jpg
    Please comment and give me crits

19. Cro²k

Cro²k Member

These are on the school's desk so maybe it's not really well done !

20. Colors

Colors Banned

crook i like the second piece the most, but the top of the R looks a little weird, you should just cut off the curved part of the R at the same height as the left side of the R. Id say thats a pretty good simple to start with, of course just clean it up a little more and keep the bars pretty consitent and your golden. Also, get rid of that little thing on top of the K.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011