Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

that one you made for humor looks dirty with the white highlight thing

2. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

thanks for crits dank I will start going bigger... Im trying to avoid filling in my letters with color so you all can get a better look at my shit ...crits on this please. Seems alot of you cats are skipping steps you have to start out simple as hell you cant just dive into style. Im no pro but i've have learned that just from doing throwies it all develops very slow with minor tweaks.

lyfe -nice simps really dig your style

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMG_20120410_164158.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  3. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

@Kopr watch that baseline, it's a little off. The top left of the P looks wack. Also make sure the pieces coming off the bottom of your letters are the same size, the one on the P is bigger. Getting better every time, good work.
    @Mike I'm almost fully colorblind and i still love your color schemes. Good shit always coming from you.
    @Physh maybe try to keep your bar ends consistent, (lose the arrows) and use the tops like on the top left of the K.

Tried something more complex, probably going back to what i was sketching before this. Trying to quit smoking lung cookies right now and can't seem to relax enough to make my lines clean what-so-ever.

ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_49083562x_1.jpg

ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_17292602x.jpg

4. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned

Cred my man your stuff is coming along well......as well.

5. Saltire

Saltire Member

@ Cred, top ones good apart from the E. From looking back a few pages you've progressed a lot, props.

6. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

cred thanks man its like my 5th or 6th time trying a simp so Im satisfied thus far... that top one is solid put that on a wall asap

7. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned

KOPR thx man just seen you said that. keep your stuff going man.

8. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

quick one i just did.. i took a little of advice that each of you gave me and this is what i got... the Z is not meant to look good in this one.. i was just messing with the symmetry to show what it would look like.. idk how to get it to look good and have nice symmetry with the S yet. still workin on that.. but hows the rest look? thanks
    0410121420.jpg

9. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

Its simple but i dont know i like the Z always because of the sharp edges and on this it is a soft pussy Z for me. But hey its your decision

10. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned

11. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

yeah thats what i was sayin. lol. maybe i should make the S look more like the z??
    kinda like this one
    118_0010.jpg

12. DEMPO

DEMPO Senior Member

I could feel this alot but I would have to say the Q would better with the inside bar filling the inside more.
    even almost begin it similar to wear the bottom E bar is.

13. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

Naked that Resq thing was dope.

WAIT...is it supposed to mean ResCUE?

14. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

@Skiz try this home slice. 1. sketch your S, 2. trace that mofuggin S onto another sheet! 3. Flip that sheet! 4. trace that S through the back of the page! 5. Position and retrace onto your actual sketch. 6. FUCK YES!
    worth a try :D

workin them sketches
    No letter will ever piss me off more than "R".

ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_49813262x.jpg

15. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

aight word ill try that bro.. btw im lovin the progression ive seen in your sketches.. ive been on this site for like about a month or two and was just lookin for ideas and stuff and never posted but youve come a long way and theyre startin to look real nice

16. PETER

PETER Elite Member

He's puttin' in work that's for sure.
    Cred; I like the d's (waiting to see this on dank's sig) on your last two. This most recent one not so much. Maybe bring that bottom part of the D lower and do something like on your e/d connection on your previous two.

17. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

Thanks man, it all comes with practice. The more you sketch the more you realize about your letters.

Revamped the last one, couldn't settle with the R looking that way.
    ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_98859952x.jpg

18. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

fuck you ! lol nice shit bro how long have you been working on simps ?? Its nice to see progress the right way

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  19. PETER

PETER Elite Member

honestly I like the other R better. Maybe make the top of the R a little bigger and make the leg of the R like the bottom of the E and C. I think it will give it a nice rolling flow.

20. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Hellz yeah my n word! Haha yeah its pronounced rescue

And word thanks dempo