Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

mike- ya don't simply move from simps to a wild.
    n pay attention to spacing, and work on that S, watch which way your letters lean, keep up all straight tup, or all leaning one way. watch that E its fat, try a upper case, it'll look a lot better with your letters
    cred- work on the top of your E, noticed its pretty off in every piece, not really feel in that R too, but it looks good for a freestyle

2. gottapaintdaily

gottapaintdaily Member

@sear, both are dope as fuck, props on all them faces in the 1st one and the hand in the corner, shits sick. The S in the second one is dope too

3. 1love

1love Member

4. BoostIt

BoostIt Member

Damn dude lose the arrows and extensions. focus on simplicity. some really dope pieces are just plain letters with a little flair. work on doing the letters in bars first and then cut back with your eraser and finish it off. check 2 pages back for my first post. i've been drawing and painting for almost 6 months and my letters and style aren't crazy. is that piece supposed to say Ghost?

5. 1love

1love Member

yeah it's supposed to say ghost and i usually write another name(maybe ill take some pics of walls and upload em next days)

6. BoostIt

BoostIt Member

my best advice on names is go to google images and type in "ghost graffiti" and if you see a pic of someone else who has done a piece with that name on a wall or wherever and it's better than yours, then you should pick a different name. I've gone through like 3 names already and i thought i had a good one with Goner but i met a dude at a local legal wall who's been painting for over 10 years and he knows the (or one of the) original Goner from back in Philly or something and his advice was change names cause if someone better than you sees you writing the same name as them then you got beef. i haven't seen another Enaml before so that's what i'm writing now. it's a long frustrating process but once you find a good one you feel so much better haha. that guy i met at the legal wall also said try to go for a 5 or 6 letter name cause almost everything with 4 letters has been done. he was writing Woems and he's pretty fucking good.

7. 1love

1love Member

ah yeah checked it out.
    maybe i should go on writing LARF but i would like to do something new

8. BoostIt

BoostIt Member

post up a pic if you've written another name. i sat down and brainstormed for a couple hours just writing random combos of letters that sounded like words haha. Woems said his name has no meaning, but it sounds cool so he started writing it. i've always tried to pick something that means something to me but he said it doesn't always have to, but it's up to you man.

9. 1love

1love Member

10. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

I was wondering wtf modles was but now i get it, looks solid seldom.

Dog kennel, shopping carts, theyre all the same hahaha and MN if i ever send out my blackbook for people ill remember to slip in a 5 for you... :p

11. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

ok trying a new vibe its throw inspired is this worth finishing or is it to much like a throw to be considered a piece ?

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMG_20120502_150233.jpg

12. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

I like it finish it^
    make the p skinnier though

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  13. BoostIt

BoostIt Member

Hipe- shit looks good man, i say finish it and see how it looks as a piece, if not then you got yourself a nice throw. the K looks kinda small as a whole letter compared to the O and P so maybe stretch it a little bit taller and a little fatter but not too much

1love- that L looks like a Z and the F needs work. the right leg of the A looks too skinny but i'm digging the style of the A and the R. to get some letters down when i first started, i copied fonts off of google but then i changed them a lot and gave them different direction and flow. it helps to have something to copy to get the hang of it but make sure that when you draw up stuff and paint stuff you consider to be original you make your own style. i made the mistake of copying something off of graffiticreator and throwing it up on a wall and i got flamed for it lol. us toys make mistakes though. but keep working on it dude, it has potential. try brainstorming with other letters and combos too, you might stumble across something you like better than Larf

14. KehmONE

KehmONE Senior Member

@Hipe - Shit's dope, finish it with a decent fill. The P needs to be a tad bit thinner.

@1Love - Your bar widths are way off, you've got the right idea when it comes to simplicity though.

15. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

got tired of using a ton of ink on fills

Attached Files:

16. ComradeR

ComradeR Member

I'll just post here instead and see if I progress or not. Still have a ton of work to do to get some structure down but here is another one of my stuff.
    IMG_20120502_163159.jpg

17. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

That's steezy dank. Diggin it.

18. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

dat S, E and 3D. diggin it

19. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

yo hipe, you're doing ok... you can go on with that piece, just switch the throw K to a normal straight letter K... unless you're doing the K like that on purpose, in which case I'd tell you to carry on :)

20. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

dank - that shits proper ...

venom Im not sure where it will lead to just yet it is my first go at this style plenty of room for change and development.

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_IMG_20120502_175836.jpg