Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

that looks dope hipe, it looks like a throwie/burner hybrid to me. i like your R and K but maybe make them abit more like straightletter/burner type letters.

comrader- make your Z abit fatter, dont have the centry hole in your A so big, looks better then yesterdays post though, keep it up

dankbudz-that affect u did on ur letters is fukin sick i think, looks like theyv melted and r being pulled apart or somshit. letters on acid

Larf- dont have the F connecting to the L at the bottom, looks decent though just keep on practicing

2. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

Comrader- BARS
    Dank- That's fresh, something about the S is fucking with me though.
    1love- Stop EVERYTHING your doing. Dont connect your letters dont draw your arrows or anything. See the letters I'm typing? Try copying them. It's boring, but eventually you'll progress.

3. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

i fucked up outlining the S, right under where the top touches, a good portion of that should a been thinner but my hand wobbled and i had to compesate...
    kopr- thats tight but more of a throwie/bomb

4. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Dankz that E is butterssss
    and the S is cool too, the color scheme is nice too

5. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

I just puked all over the page and this is what came out:
    puke.jpg

But then this made it better
    earnnaked.jpg

6. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_dc33034b.jpg

For this weeks battle. Get in it!

7. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

@dank, thats real nice, so clean.
    @hipe, looking so much better. those keyboard letters are paying off, but you should finish those lines at the bottom of the K and R, just my opinion.
    3Ds a little fucked at spots but, have at it.
    Photo006dH.jpg .... i dont know why two of them came up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  8. gottapaintdaily

gottapaintdaily Member

ccbphoto.jpg cffphoto.JPG literally just fuckin round during class wit slaps, they are kinda shitty. crits anyway tho i guess?

9. no-sleep

no-sleep Senior Member

i actually like this, now add some drop shadow 3D !!

10. DEMPO

DEMPO Senior Member

717215172_2561936587_0.jpg
    trying to get some crits on this plz.

gottapaint, I like ur fish that boxes, I do a fish that smokes.. ha
    neer, those lil circles on the end of some lines look bad. bars look pretty good, bottom right of N stands out.
    kopr, feelin those bubble letters dude. the G and E on the bottom could be closer in size.
    naked, ur puke peice is not that bad just looks sort of done by memory without much thought.
    seldo, those connections are cool but look a lil forced. do em more though, bars n' 3d look clean.

11. ComradeR

ComradeR Member

@Kaze thanks for the crits, trying out a new thing with the a and a bit with the z, still can't get my lines straight.
    Also been reading up about bars since DaFugg mentioned it and I get the idea since it's basically the same concept as when you draw out something, using simple shapes. It's still a mess for me trying to figure out where lines should go after getting an outline down
    @Big, I'm liking that NEER, pretty dope N

Got some other crap as well,
    IMG_20120503_023745.jpg

12. notmikegiant

notmikegiant Senior Member

sketching for the battle, actually pretty happy with this so far, 3d seems kinda fucked up though

granec.jpg

13. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

Weapon of Choice Small.JPG Tagging Gorilla Colored Small.JPG
    crits crits crits.............................

14. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Seld - Thats fresh, really like the colours
    Naked - Maybe make the D a little closer in
    Neer - Like the piece but the N looks kinda funny to me, maybe lose the extra bar on 1st leg and move it in a little
    MN Nice - the R is too far behind the G in my opinion
    Comrader - Dont worry to much about it looking like "graffiti letters" the top one is the best because its most simple, just keep working on simps

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_2012_05_03085043.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_2012_05_03085050.a0602fcb2dead536af7fabfacea193ab.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_2012_05_03085058.839746004b887c816ac2cb222d79fb6d.jpg

15. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

CRITS

* Give crits if you expect to receive them. What goes around comes around, don't expect everyone to go out of their way to give you crits if you aren't polite to enough to help others out. If asking for crits try and give crits to the last 5 or so picture posters.

* Don't turn down crits from people who aren't as good as you. Just because their skill level is less doesn't mean your piece is flawless and they can't pick it out.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is clearly posted in forum rules, if motherfuckers want crits then they gotta give crits, if you dont wanna give crits then fuck off and dont expect to get any

16. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

Dempo- i dont really like the R or E but the concept of the drawing is cool, i like how the A is part of the N.

comrader- looks abit better then before, if your going to try and draw a straightletter/burner type thing then take your time, the bottum Z looks the best out of the Z's just lose that thing at the top of it. try to make the bottom part of ur lower case E more rounded or somthing. just keep practicing

mike that looks dope, the 3d on the E and A is off though. dont really like the E a hole lot but overal the whole thing looks good i think

Thats a dope character PHYSH, cant really crit you on that, i cant draw characters that well so any of my advice would be useless. Is the drawing about ur character suppose to be letters or just a city background?

Willis- I like the E in the first and third pic but dont really like the one in the second, only letter i like in the first one is your E, the other two pictures below look dope though, maybe you should have your A with the top part of the 3rd picture and the bottom part of the 2nd picture if you like the idea.

17. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

actually Kaze san those are real shit letters, with a city fill, and a poor choice of color for the outline.............

WILLIS1989 - I don't really agree with the first one, there's just something off, but the other two clean and simple, i like that

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  18. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Thanks Physh, I was trying to make it a little more wavy/bendy but totally fucked it up lol

I quite like the tag in you piece with the gorilla, cant really read the other letters cuz of the fills but characters are real nice

19. 1love

1love Member

20. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

@1love its a lot better. the R is decent other than a few minor details, but every letter gets progressively worse. try keeping all the letters just as basic as the R, and keep all of em on the tilt that the r has.
    @Willis bottom has most potential, but fix the middle bar on the E and work on making the D more of a D, maybe if you made the left bar straighter.
    @physh first is completly illegible, working on the colors might help that a little, but obviously overall letter structure would help more. second is kinda cool, but mabe drop the drips and extensions, and blow it up. do it as a piece, characters nice though, i suck at characters.
    @comrade thanks man, but definitly work on basic bars. and dont round your bars off, make them all connect forming straight lines, so its not bumpy bars with bbumps in between other bumpy baars.