Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

Those highlights on Seldom look fresh :D

Just messing around:
    art1.jpg art2.jpg

2. Bas

Bas Senior Member

Doodle at lecture

ai488.photobucket.com_albums_rr243_Basswinkels_120516_Scramdoodle.jpg

3. 6i9o

6i9o Senior Member

@Bas That 3D is Fresh

4. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

Kroe those look really cool, some parts look kinda off but i cant even give good crits, that stuff is beyond me, maybe try some simpler stuff too and see what comes of it.

Tempo- The E looks too big and like dank said take out the the extension on the M, maybe make top bar of your T abit longer, it looks abit short of the right side, other then that though i like ur T and P, just keep working at em

seldom those looks dope, in bottom picture on ur words street the drip affect coming off the S seems kinda off, the bottom part of the S top drip seems like its on a angle going up when the one above it is just going straight, i dono though u have a better eye for this stuff so maybe its suppose to be like that, the cuts in CRED is dope, cuts in C look kinda funky but i like it, really dig the R and E.

bas i like the the shading and 3d, maybe try working with some better letters but it looks way better then wat i can do.

5. KroeGHK

KroeGHK Elite Member

@Kaze & Dank thanks guys, i know the attempts at pieces arent up to par i wasnt sober doin em lol but ill step my game up, also that seldom & street cred ish is fire man, props on those

6. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

quick exchange, K and R are top heavy, but i kinda dig the J. critss.
    Photo0105.jpg

7. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

yeeaa

Attached Files:

• hipe.jpg
      hipe.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Taro_AAK

Taro_AAK Senior Member

9. uknowigetup

uknowigetup Senior Member

Haven't posted in a while, been way too busy. Thought I'd throw up an old sketch, critz?
    View attachment 626698

10. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

or maybe not be a bitch and pull through on the fucking battle, pussy!

11. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

big faggot that jerk looks sick! R could be a bit better, maybe a bit bigger or have the E a abit smaller.

Dank that looks solid, that bottom E is dope, looks clean

Taro those are interesting but im not really digging them, one on the right is kind of cool. maybe try more simpler stuff

Emune to be honest i dont really like it, try drawing even bars more and make ur letters out of that.

I really fuked up on the drop shadow but oh well, need some crits plz

IMG00643-20120517-0057.jpg IMG00645-20120517-0225.jpg

12. Bas

Bas Senior Member

Kaze, regarding 3D and shadows there are two basically things you can do:
    - Make all the lines go in the same direction (works for both 3D and shadows)
    - Work with a vanishing point (which is more a 3D than a shadow effect)
    It's easiest to use a ruler for both. In the first case, you just have to make sure you keep your ruler straight.

13. Kitten

Kitten Senior Member

14. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks Bas, appreciate the advice. i have to work on 3d and drop shadows alot

15. Bas

Bas Senior Member

You're welcome. 3D and shadow are actually rather simple as long as you work accurately.

16. GpersKreepers

GpersKreepers Senior Member

Taro - i'd loose the 'stems' on the purple sketch, thicken those other thin bars and it would be a nice style,
    Emune - like the name, the N is your strongest letter, the second straight bar on the M goes from a little too small to too big, same as the E's, and make thee U curve it would look sweet,
    Dviser - not sure why you made the VI so small, an id make the ER over lap a little, like the SE,
    kitten - write kitten instead of neks, its less played out, good your keeping simple, try and get your bars the same width, the S is far too skinny,
    BIG F and DANK BIZZLE lovin it, really like the first hipe

17. TheZarosOne

TheZarosOne New Member

18. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

At least you recognized this yourself, but Kaze, you screwed up the drop shadow on almost all of your letters. It shouldn't be on both the top and bottom sides of the letter; pick one way to go with it and stay consistent!

19. Taro_AAK

Taro_AAK Senior Member

Thanks Gpers and Kaze. Ill work on it, and post more.

20. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

@ kaze thanks man, looks a lot better than your other stuff, but connect all your bars and let letters over lap each other instead of those dotted lines, the S and E look pretty nice. D needs work and like mentioned, vi is too small.
    @ taro, i actually like the one on the right, the left one needs work, keep doin yo thang. nice style.
    @ neks. go a little simpler and keep all your bars the same width, the s is super skinny.
    thanks Gpers haha