Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps From House Hold Aerosol

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by syn_01, Aug 18, 2004.

Share This Page

1. TexasSprayer

TexasSprayer Senior Member

I noticed the Krylon (interior&exterior) caps are just perfect for outline's...

2. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

they're called stocks, and yes they are. for bombing i usually just like NY fats and stocks. sometimes germans if its big, but i hate the soft cloud i get wihle doing the sketch outline with really fat caps (like pink dots) with the fill color and i dont really feel like switching the cap on the fill-can from outline to fat, i like to bomb as quick as possible

3. TexasSprayer

TexasSprayer Senior Member

they're called stocks [/b][/quote]
    I know, but the caps on the Krylon fusions spray more vertically, so when you spray horizontal it is alot wider... so those are no good.

4. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

yes, even though the caps on krylon fusions spray like that and are the 'stock' cap on that can, we call them fan caps. stock caps refer to the black caps with a white insert found on most cans of paint, and we still call them stocks even if they aren't on that can.

5. segway

segway Elite Member

my stocks are almost always red with a white insert

6. CaptSnuffy

CaptSnuffy Senior Member

7. Juice+

Juice+ Senior Member

rusto stocks right? of all stocks... the red with white insert are my fave aswell :)

8. random victim

random victim Senior Member

i found a pink dot fat cap on some 'eski' furniture polish :eek:

9. CL3ver1

CL3ver1 Elite Member

what store were u at? wal-mart? and if it was what section?

10. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

rusto stock caps. heres my own invention.

you take the hooded cap off a Killz Primer can and you take the cap off a rusto can(stock rusto cap) and you work the insert for the rusto cap out being careful not to damage it( ive stabbed myself in the fingers numerous times doing this, but its worth it) and toss the cap part away and keeo the insert. stick a small screwdriver into the hole on the hooded cap and tank the insert out. push in the rusto stock insert into the hooded cap and voila! Havcaps! theyre nice and cumfy and give a ny fat sized spray(be careful though, its a high pressure cap and if youre not fast enough it will drip) also if you take the inserts out of the hooded cas you can make killer mixing caps with them and a pen tube.

11. Juice+

Juice+ Senior Member

i found ny thins on a can of degreaser... it was odd but i gues now their out there...

12. Asyn

Asyn Member

where is the best place to order caps?

....i ordered some from Art Crimes, i think, and they sucked ass......always sputtered out paint and left overspray to the outsides of the thin lines......

13. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

more likely you were using a specialty cap on a peice of shit can that couldn't spray good enough to get the super thin or super fat lines you wanted... and sputtered.

all caps are the same, no matter what store you buy them from.... but BombingScience has been the best store i've ever ordered from, so i'd say get your shit from here.

14. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

anyone try my signature HAVcaps?

15. meks

meks Senior Member

lol HAVcaps. ill try it

16. tasor_tbc

tasor_tbc Senior Member

awsome..this thread is exactly what i was looking for. i agree that its super easy to find fat caps on household products, there everywere. but again i'm not really big on fats. what i need is to find a good brand or type of can that will come with some good thins. i usually rack from wallmart so if anybody knows of anyother brands that come with either NY or german thins please post here. and also please post what the name is of the product and were in walmart it can be found. thx guys
    TaSoR

17. droppin88

droppin88 Member

18. tasor_tbc

tasor_tbc Senior Member

my parents wont let me get shit of the web :( so i am really trying to find what houshold cans have thins...

19. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

why dont u just use stock caps? those are thin

20. tasor_tbc

tasor_tbc Senior Member

yea but stock caps dont give that nice bold line that thins do :(