Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Kalypso_TGEB, May 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. EONone

EONone Senior Member

Holy crap!

I can vouch for the awesomeness of caps. And yes, if you can't rock shit with a stock, then you shouldn't be
    writing.

Lousy Heroes Cap Store

2. yuki

yuki Elite Member

death caps? [/b][/quote]
    Stock or black krylon stock caps, hence the name black "death" caps. A reference to the bubonic plague I believe. Meaning the caps suck and they will kill your piece. That's how I understand it anyway. I could be totally wrong.

3. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

yo anyone know any us stores i can order mixing caps from?

4. EONone

EONone Senior Member

make your own mixers... so cheap.

5. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

making your own shits not good enough i dont fuck with ANY type of tip mods i always fuck it up

6. yuki

yuki Elite Member

just to clarify: stock caps can fuck up a piece, but I agree, it is good to be able to practice with them and to know what you can pull off with them.

Gesus, the Bic pen ink well method works pretty well for mixing paint. At least, I haven't had any trouble with it. As long as you cut the tube short enough it hardly even bends when you depress the can pressure. I don't even use the caps/tips. Just shove the ink well tube straight in the cans.

7. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

is there any products that for sure have fat/thin caps?
    all i'm lookin for is fat caps...i've heard you can get german outlines from invisible glass (car window cleaner) [/b][/quote]
    elmers spray adhesive has rusto fats on them. prolly my favorite cap. another thing ive done before is modding my caps, killz alresol primer (the kind with green on the label) has a german style cap on it but its way to high pressure so i take out the little insert thats in it and put a stock rusto insert in the german stly cap and its like a comfortable fatcap. really cool, you should try it. i like using those for tags and bomb/throwup outlines

8. graffistheshit

graffistheshit Senior Member

i have rustos and ny thins but i pretty much only use the ny thins, unless im on the freeway devider or on a rooftop i use the fats for fills. a lot of people say the german outlines are much more precise thins than nythins but the ny thins are good for fills too cuz there like a meduim width cap.

9. hitshit89

hitshit89 Senior Member

does any one no if pink dots fit on rusto?? :ph34r:

10. SmashOnUPlasticActreses4Practice

SmashOnUPlasticActreses4Practice Member

yes they do.

does any one know of any caps that come on other spray products? expecially ny thins or rusto fats?

11. hitshit89

hitshit89 Senior Member

elmers spray adhesive=rusto fats :ph34r:

12. shyone

shyone Elite Member

to change a male valve to a female valve can i just pull out the white tube thingy, or does taht release the pressure?

13. i_eat_clam

i_eat_clam Elite Member

first off this thread makes me sick.... everyone is saying "toy"... you people killed the word...

now as for this comment
    need to be able to write under any conditions... damn you make it seem like your going to war "train to fight in all conditions" what a geek.
    and by only using special caps , that "makes you a pussy?". if someone pulls off something ill by just using "special caps" that means that they are "pussy"?
    no it just means that they have control over their tools...
    20 years ago is when they only had stock caps.. and thats what they used . why?...
    Becasue thats what they only had... today we have tons of caps for every single fuckin thing you can think of... and why not use em if you can?...

can control is can control.... it dont matter what caps you use...

14. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

good point. hey, i was at A.C. Moore yesterday and when i was taking caps off elmers cans i saw a can of krylon acid neutralizer and looked at the cap and it was like a rusto fat but it had a light blue insert thing and a smaller hole. i havent tried it yet but if anyone knows how it writes say something. also has anyone else modded caps?

15. EONone

EONone Senior Member

I already searched around the site but didn't find anything that answered my question

Q: Anyone know how to make a pencil line cap? Montana never has them in stock and it's buggin me. I hear from a friend you can make'em... messy as hell... but you can make'em and get ultra thin lines.... pencil lines to be exact.

16. EONone

EONone Senior Member

17. DOUK or DIE

DOUK or DIE Elite Member

that has got to be the sketchiest thing ive seen in my entire life

as for caps its reall not rocket science and i think the best way to learn about them is through expirience, or bombing science should write a how-to guide

some caps work on some cans, others dont, that pretty much says it all

18. EONone

EONone Senior Member

*sigh* I know, I love it.

19. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

rustoleum auto primer has some kind of hooded cap. i havent tried them yet.

20. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

how fat exactly are the german fats/orange dots? and how skinny are german outlines? cause im gonna send in a mail order for some of those and i wanna know what im putting my money into