Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Kalypso_TGEB, May 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

yah i like them but i need to clean them regularly so they don't clog... and i was only able to get like 10 and im sure i lost a good portion of that 10...

2. Juice+

Juice+ Senior Member

yah i like them but i need to clean them regularly so they don't clog... and i was only able to get like 10 and im sure i lost a good portion of that 10... [/b][/quote]
    well, for needle cap i tried... it looks like the German fatcap A but has something resembling the bic pen tube ink insert

[Broken External Image]:http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/urbandesignz.safeshopper.com/images/b811h3p2.jpg

but the red needle cap:

i am unsure. i bet its needle like tho

[Broken External Image]:http://thatslife.org/prodimages/caps011l.jpg

3. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

my micros just looked like the original german outline but spray super thin... to be honest i took a sharpie and marked M on the micros so i'd know what's what. also, they don't have a needle, but to get the eraser dot sized line i'd have the can super close to the wall... almost scraping. but i guess that's the point of using most low-pressure skinnys...

4. CaptSnuffy

CaptSnuffy Senior Member

I got this cap off of "Plasti-glass" glass cleaner that looks like a ny thin/fat. It's a white cap with the little grooves vertically down the side with a black insert. I tried it on a can of black rusto and it just leaked like a bitch. While it was leaking (didn't notice at first) it sprayed about the same width as a stock rusto cap, but it probably goes a lot wider since it must've been losing pressure when it leaked. Can anyone help identify this cap (is it a thin or a fat?) and tell me maybe what types of cans it can fit on? I'm gonna go try it on some krylon, i'll make an update after.

5. CaptSnuffy

CaptSnuffy Senior Member

Tried it on krylon, the mystery cap sprayed a thinner and a considerably harder line than a krylon stock cap. As compared to the krylon stock, the cap's head was shorter than that of the krylon stock. The stem of the cap was also shorter than the krylon stock cap however it didn't leak at all.

6. 3mpir3

3mpir3 Senior Member

im a have to go with the NY fat there too sick and great for fades also BANANA caps pretty sick aswell

[email protected]

7. wookiE

wookiE Senior Member

pink dots are sick and so are ultra fats, soooo nice

8. cky2521

cky2521 Senior Member

PINK DOTS ARE NICE BUT THAY JUST WASTE PAINT. YOU CAN DO THE SAME FILL WITH A NY FAT AND STILL HAVE PAINT LEFT. ITS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TOO MANY TIMES WHERE I RUN OUT OF PAINT USING A PINK DOT.

OWN OPINION
    2 CENTS

9. [NESTER]

[NESTER] Senior Member

the red needle caps are pretty much a cap to finish up the last bit of paint up in your can. Ther not what there advertised as. If you put the needle cap on a fresh can youll empty half a can on catching two tags. I swear it shoots out a spray of paint about 3 ft. You gotta really bleed your can and get all the pressure out if your gonna attempt to use them. Orange dots are better than gold and pink dot caps cause it conserves your paint but u still get a descently fat line.

10. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

its probably a tuxon. did it have like a wack dot? like not a dot but like a burst or a star sorta shape???

i like the black dots the best :) and grey dots. ny fats ive taken a likeing to. level 5 caps are the best for flares though :). ny fats are good for fills and outlines if u want fat outlines