Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Car Audio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kayone707, Nov 9, 2008.

Share This Page

1. sux_OT

sux_OT Banned

Anyone into building home subs?

Something I need to look into.

2. PegCityBoy

PegCityBoy Senior Member

umm kindof a weird question butt.. i've got 12" kenwood subs (total 800 RMS 2400 peak with the alpine mrp m1000 amp) in my trunk, if i throw my cans back there will theyexplode? or jus shake em up so i don't have to lol

3. Regius

Regius Senior Member

i dont think so...

cans are under pressure. so things like altitude, and heat would cause them to.

but dont take my word...i could be wrong. jus a guess

4. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

yeah they should be fine while the subs are going but be careful leaving your car out in the sun, if a can explodes, you can kiss your subs goodbye

5. Regius

Regius Senior Member

yeah its kinda the heat of the car while cans are in there that wouldnt be too good

BUT i would guess its only like extreeeme heat taht would make them explode. i dont think +30-45 for a few hours would be terrible, cause its not direct sunlight..its in the trunk

but meh. just a guess

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  6. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

NO paint will not explode because of vibrations.
    you're only running 800rms. that wont do anything to the cans.

7. Regius

Regius Senior Member

it'd be kinda..meh, imagine all the rattling the cans would be makin with your subs goin.

8. pilerskee

pilerskee Senior Member

im just getting into car audio since im about to get my P plates (aussie licence to drive on ur own) and ive already bought my speakers which I bought of ebay.
    They're 6x9 4 way speakers and are 420watts, i need to install them and i need to get an amp, cd player and probly a sub too, any suggestions?? i'll put a pic of tha speakers to:

Attached Files:

9. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

those are easy to install in the factory system. it depends on the kind of car you have, i had to actually solder mine in, but i have a pos 93 accord.
    just google it.
    or if you have friends that have systems, just ask them

10. pilerskee

pilerskee Senior Member

my cars like an 82-5 toyota corona (i no its a shit box, but im a poor dude) my car didnt come with any speakers in it. Could I just install these in the doors or rear deck somehow? i'll probley need help with that too..im shit with this whole thing but i need a good system maan

11. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

so you dont have a factory head unit, wires or anything? youre definitely going to have to have someone help you out hands-on on this one. also, if you get some subs in there, things are probably going to be rattling pretty fierce, just saying

12. pilerskee

pilerskee Senior Member

ive got a head unit, really old it works but it has no sound..im not sure y..but thanks 4 ur help. I'll have to get some help with it i guess

13. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

^ are your RCA's connected right? are the outputs on the headunit even working?

14. pilerskee

pilerskee Senior Member

im not to sure about that, i dont know how to check either..these are my specs for the car, dont know if that helps

1982 Toyota Corona Sedan

* Factory Stereo Installed

Factory replacement info:

In-dash stereo
    6-11/16" depth; Size code S,U

Front speakers
    Kick Panel: 4"
    Front Door: 5" factory speaker note

Rear speakers
    Rear Deck: 5x7"

15. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

my best bet is.... go to a pawn shop.... buy a cheap deck thats been tested and all good. go to a walmart buy a 20$ wiring harness, or just splice the right wires togehter and just throw away the stock deck.
    honestly save yourself the time and screwing around with an old deck.
    unless have you had mice n shit go through your car?

16. pilerskee

pilerskee Senior Member

ok an update on my shit- i do have factory speakers in my car, the other day i tried using my radio and it worked!! that is for about 2mins then the sound cut out after i turned it off and on, so does it means my rca cords arent connected proply and how could i see if they are or not and then fix it???? i need to work out how to replace my factory speakers with the ones i posted before...

17. Get Rekt!

Get Rekt! Senior Member

can somebody recommend me some speakers. i want some with like 75-ish rms. dont want to spend more then $100 per speaker. but even then thats alot. 5.5" or 5.75" fit my car.

18. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

alpine type-s shit, cheap and good quality.

19. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

yooo i got the brand new model type r's (1243d) the dual 4ohm ones....does anyone know what would be the best amp to get to push these, i don't want to blow them, because i had a kenwood pushing 500 watts to the old type r's and i blew them...

oh yeah and the specs say they can take 600w(continuous), but id rather push 500 just to be safe.