Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cheapest/ Worst Paint You've Used

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Yan, Jun 9, 2004.

Share This Page

1. clevername

clevername Senior Member

Color Place (Walmart brand) = 94 cents. It wasn't really that bad, certain colors of it are good, and others are extremely watery (such as they're white, the silver and black aren't that bad actually.)

2. AMW

AMW Senior Member

i dont know but man therz alot of paint in krylon

o wen you guys do throwups with flares, what type of black do you use?
    i use semi-flat and it flares like hell :D

3. k1ng

k1ng Senior Member

holtz has got to be the worst its like basically colored water

4. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

krylon flat white is so thin. so is kilz craftcote white and walmart flat white.
    the only white i have ever used and liked is painters touch (flat, gloss and primer are all good whites) i have some mtn white but i havent used it, too lazy, plus its divinity white which is supposed to be alot less opaque than cream white.

dollar general has 1.50 cans and their flat black is rediculously thin.
    looks like flat smoke grey once it dries, maybe with a little brown, but definitely not opaque.
    dollar general chrome cans suck too, worst chrome i have ever tried to use.
    walmart chrome works pretty good at covering, but the pressure comes out so slow.

i like belton, but ive only used their burner cans and one 600ml burgundy type color.
    its good for flares and shit.

5. Mse

Mse Elite Member

dynamo color
    half of the time its black half of the time its transparent half of the time it doesnt work
    and i bought a golden one

6. NumbPain

NumbPain Senior Member

dollerstore chrome, takes so long to dry... i did a throw, and had to wait 7=10 min before i could outline if not it just blended and dripped...

but the worst were these cans i got from this doller store. forgot what they were called, but these things just wouldnt cover for shit....

7. TREO

TREO Member

the one dollar gloss white from home depot.it runs like water and drips after one fill.

8. KaL1

KaL1 Senior Member

color cast or cast color at lowes.shit is like pure piss and only comes in b or w

9. Laz

Laz New Member

The worst paint i'v ever used is an aussie paint called ironlak its kind of new. It came out last year. Whats shit about it is you got to give it a good fucking shake or it won't work also the colors arn't the colors they are ment to be they are either to dark or to light. Its a wast of 7 bucks just get beltons instead.

10. FWBMeth

FWBMeth Senior Member

dumbass maclaim caps fit on tremclads and level 3s and red skinny and caligraphy caps

11. Ta!zOnE...

Ta!zOnE... Senior Member

well the mo shity paint i used is colorplace.. it dont work on wood or on metal.......its like 67 cents....

12. Amaze

Amaze Member

the worst paint in the world has to be store brand orange. It writes yellow unless you constanly shake it. and its watery as all hell

13. hue

hue Member

Have you guys ever tried Testors paint? If you have let me know.

14. KaL1

KaL1 Senior Member

dont write amaze.thats taken

15. flymolo

flymolo Member

Color cast cheapeist watery paint EVER. best paint quick color Flat Black and rusto blue you can see that at night

16. gov.issue

gov.issue Member

painters touch by rust oleum or whatever sucks pretty hard, i just discovered it in my garage a fews days ago and tried it in an abandoned building, drippy as hell and doesnt cover well. maybe it was just the colors we had (grey, white, chrome). design master sucks pretty hard to, but there 24kt gold is above the rest in quality.other then that everything ive used has been pretty good.

17. ChRoMa 11820

ChRoMa 11820 Senior Member

worst paint i ever used is somethin i found in my garage
    i forget what it is

18. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

quick color white was pretty crappy of corse actually shaking the can before i used it might have helped

19. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

you have a definite problem, because painters touch is pretty much a sexy paint.
    they have one of the best whites of american paint. theyre chrome covers fat as hell too. were you using it on unprimed concrete or wood?
    painters touch is definitely one of my top picks for paint, cheapest flat black that covers chrome well. (if you buy which i do)

20. Cego3

Cego3 Member

gov.issue i dont know you but if you call painter touch shitty well obviously you SUCK and you paint with white quick color that requires so much paint to be seen that it doesnt drip quick color is by far the worst in white ( its invisible without using a can per sq ft. ) but has a flat black that is ideal for bombing because it shows up and is so light it doesnt drip. so Q.C. WHITE = worst Q.C. black = best for a dollar