Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Azul

Azul Senior Member

how do I get this fucker out of my carpet? I got a huge splodge of it on ym carpet... >.<

2. ANDRO

ANDRO Member

i made my first home made batch. I used a half cup 91% alcohol, 40 cheapo pens (20 black, 10 red, 10 blue), i put about 2 capfuls of grog in, a tiny bit of break fluid, and finished it off with a tiny bit of soy sauce. I filled up an ****artltd mop last night and ran that bitch dry. ill post some pictures of the results later today.

^^ ohh and LOL to the guy above me ^^

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  3. brandonb5269

brandonb5269 Senior Member

alcohol and acrylics dont mix to well. it ends up breaking down the paint just to let u no. take them out and sounds like u got a decent ink. do sum research on pigments and how to suspend them proporly and add them to ur ink;)

4. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

Question. With 90 black papermate pens, 1 cup of rubbing alcohol, should I add in some pilot ink and how much? What about rit dye?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  5. KSFone

KSFone Member

your not getting that out of your carpet, your best idea would be to cover it up and try to get it out daily, sorry bro

6. bomb tha world

bomb tha world Member

I just made my first basic ink like 2 minutes ago im gonna let it sit overnight and see how it turns out... 40 papermate black pens 1/2 cup of 91% rubbing alcohol and a cap of dot3 nothing special :/

7. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Def add in some pilot ink! Pilot ink is pigmented, and alcohol based. This means it will mix perfectly with your pen ink, because isopropylnol and alcohol mix well. The best part about adding the pilot ink is because its pigmented.
    Your pen ink is going to be dye based, which usually fades in the sun. But black pigments won't fade. Having the pilot ink in there will give you a very very nice black ink that will also stain well.
    My only suggestion for an ink of this nature is to get some DOT3 Brake Fluid. This will increase the dry time of the ink and allow the dyes to stain better.
    No Rit Dye. It can react with the solvents and give off a gas which, when its in a sealed container, will keep building up.

8. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

^what alcohol is pilot ink based? pm me if you know soem ingredients to it!

9. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

i actually didn't know exactly, but i found out.
    i'll pm you

10. Facedorateur

Facedorateur Senior Member

One thing to replace pen ink:
    grab some india/china ink
    boil it until you have this black gelatin like stuff (its gonna smell like shit tho)
    add your isopropanol
    let it sit for a night
    and you are set

11. zenne

zenne Elite Member

your carpets pretty much done. never do anything around carpet. if thats that carpet thats like covering a room ans sealed to the floor, then what you can do it take tiny scissors and cut bits off of the corners and cut the bits out of the stain, then carefully superglue clean bits in there. thats what i did when my hookah burned a hole in my carpet lol. it works if you take your time.

12. brandonb5269

movin my lab downstairs after ruining my carpet so bad i had to recarpet my room haha. will get pics when its all done :)

13. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

prolly shoulda thought ahead wen u decided to make some ink....lols^^

14. brandonb5269

yea haha i needed new carpet anyways, it was like 20 years old and just worn out, well i always workd on my desk were theres a big plastic thing under it so i can roll around on my chair. no real spills ever. well i was watching my sisters dogg for the weekend, made up sum ink, got up cuz i forgot the lid to the container in the kitchen, brought the jar with me ended up trippin on the damn dogg and spilled a salsa jar filled with ink on my carpet haha. i was more pissed that my first greenish colord ink was wasted

15. malto

malto Senior Member

Whats something I can add into acrylic paint to make it dry faster ?

16. Siner

Siner Senior Member

I wanted to make some white ink, but I don't know what I could use for the white, like obviously with black you can just use pens for the black, but what can you use for the white when making white ink?

17. noxi

noxi Elite Member

just buy white marsh

18. malto

malto Senior Member

Is there anything to add into acrylic to make it dry faster ? Yes I know its shit paint but I couldntget any alcohol to make ink or bucket paint.

19. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

acrylic dries really fast on its own

20. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

acrylic dries pretty slow. add some alcohol if you want.
    but its not like anyones gunna buff your shit in the like 1 hour it takes to dry