Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Do you graffiti alone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by officialpoypoy, Oct 6, 2012.

Share This Page

1. thirstyeye

thirstyeye Member

Sadly I go day bombing.

2. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

i mostly do it alone, the feeling is better a more personal feeling :)

3. RESK_ONE12

RESK_ONE12 Member

Quick story of when me and a friend went... we both graff so we were both fully ready to hit up some spots. Where i live it is illegal for anyone under 18 to be out after 11 am. (bull shit i know its dumb) anyway, we snuck out the house at around 1 and walked about 2 miles to our spot. we were almost there and we were dodging cars the whole way, staying in the dark and slapping stickers. a couple times cars would pass us racing on main roads, so we started to stay alert for passing cars. And we were walking down this large hill after slapping a couple stickers and two cars fly past us, scaring the living shit out of both of us. we got into the dark and started to continue down the road. as we came to the bottom, there was a retaining wall that neither of us saw because it was dark as fuck. so i spotted it at the very last second and landed safely, my friend didnt see it and fell about 5 feet straight down on his hip leg and shoulder. i thought he was hurt bad but he got up and we hid for a minute checking what happened and if he was okay. despite a couple fierce cuts he was okay. just thought id share my story with ya, and i hope to make your day just a little more interesting.

4. TRUANT365

TRUANT365 Senior Member

Yea generally go writing by myself, it's a rush but it's good experince.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K7APzTf4ag - watch this video for a chance to be featured in a graffiti documentary called "Recognizing names" <3

5. TRUANT365

TRUANT365 Senior Member

The fuck? 11am? how do you go to school? dang.

6. TRUANT365

TRUANT365 Senior Member

same here, it's not that bad if there's heaps of alley ways in your city. iv'e been night time bombing by myself once, and the other night time bombing with a bro, it's scary shit man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K7APzTf4ag - watch this video for a chance to be featured in a graffiti documentary called "Recognizing names" <3

7. FOEtwo

FOEtwo New Member

i used to love bombing solo but now i kinda miss having a crew to wreck with. everyone's too sketch now (and understandably so) to bug out 6 deep so its probably best people in my neck of the woods bomb alone

8. GREK

GREK Member

I graff alone since none of my friends are into it, but that's not really a problem for me:) Get a few tags done here and there everyday, since i walk to school always carrying a squeezer or a marker!

9. FOEtwo

FOEtwo New Member

why sadly?

10. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Daytime is the future! love stopping mid fill to say good morning to a dog walker with shear shock on thier faces.. The less on top you make it the less people care. Only rooftops n yards that need the cover of night really. And im a fan of taking atleast 2 peoples (people with a clue what going on mind. Partially as i like blockbusters and you need someone to tell you its straight from 40 yards. and even if its individual bits its nice to have a lookout, 2 can paint 1 can look... always better safe than sorry.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  11. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

they've been staking out my spot around here cuz I went on a spree a couple weeks ago. I think they want to catch me n shit.

12. Walleeto

Walleeto Senior Member

your school knows your graff name???? change your name

lol the same question came to my mind when i read it

13. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

You're never alone, when you're with Christ.

14. ance

ance Senior Member

that reply with your profile picture and sig is a lol

15. thirstyeye

thirstyeye Member

because i cant get out at night, almost like house arrest

16. Walleeto

Walleeto Senior Member

i bombed with someone else for the first time... to be honest i like it better solo but it was nice to have someone else to go bombing with

17. Asis13

Asis13 Senior Member

Usually I'm out alone. Don't mind having another person there to keep an eye out, though.
    If im caught I would rather blame myself rather than having someone else there to externalize it.

Plus.. some of the other writers in my city are kind of young. Not that it bothers me, but I would have a much harder time explaining why I'm out at 4am with a 16 y/o while I'm a decade older.

18. Namelesstreetart

Namelesstreetart Member

I imagine it really depends on where you're located. Daytime bombing here would probably be suicide. So I always go out alone at night, no way around it, plus there is almost no graffiti here so it would be hard to find anyone to go with anyways. Though! I do stencil work, so I can generally be done in a couple of minutes and that helps a lot.

19. F8L

F8L Member

if im doing tags with markers and slappin stickers then ill usually go solo, when it comes to using cans it helps to have a spotter unless im under a bridge or in a low traffic spot.. but on the tracks i perfer a spotter

20. F8L

F8L Member

hahaha touche