Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Favorite Ink ?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Freddy Fresh 137, Jun 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Visualaid

Visualaid Member

purple corio ink with a touch of brake fluid and cherry red leather dye.

The purple corio is potent and nice and bold on its own, the brake fluid gives it potency and stains because of its acidic properties. The cherry red leather dye just keeps the sit up and stops it from fading. Slap it all in a bostik glue pen and ur set.

2. THEPOSTWHORE5000

THEPOSTWHORE5000 Elite Member

wait. bum, if all of the molecules are floating around randomly, wouldn't just the basic violet molecules fade away, and the black solvent still stay on the wall, without fading? and insides, the basic violet will do its normal staining...right? i need to read 12oz. ink thread again...:D

3. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

well yah, the worst that would happen would be that the violet molecules would fade, but the black would stil last for sure.

i've been thinking about it, and perhaps having it mixed provides some kind've shield to the UV light? either way i definately plan on giving it a go whenever my garvey arrives.

4. THEPOSTWHORE5000

yeah it may form a shield, but either way, i like it, because it would be like an all around ink...i dont have to switch up markers for insides and outsides or anything..i can jut carry around a mini otr filled with it, and thats it :D also i like dark purpley colors :)

5. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

well, there is a simple way to solve this question i guess.... take a piece of white plastic, like off a CD, or an old butter container or some shit, and using like a paintbrush or something just make one line of straight garvey, and one line of your mix. leave it outside in a spot where it'll get lots of a light for a few days, and see if you notice any fading...

6. THEPOSTWHORE5000

7. THEPOSTWHORE5000

hm...but wouldnt it be more likely to fade on different types of surfaces..and be stronger on other surfaces?

8. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

nah, the color molecules should fade the same no matter what they're on. the stains will differ from surface to surface though

9. THEPOSTWHORE5000

alright...im conducting a fade test...im using a metal sheet that i got with industrial magnets for x-mas, and a plastic c-d case...the inks being used are-
    1. pink flowpen
    2. black pilot (alone)
    3. blue flowpen
    4. otr hard 2 buff
    5. purple deco
    6. garvey alone
    7. 16 oz. violet garvey, 12 oz. black pilot mix

im gonna let the 2 things sit out in the sun for one week (starting on like tuesday or wedensday, or whenver i get my garvey+pilot ink) and ill post the results in the ink thread :D

10. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

tomorrow ill set out a fade test (and maybe a buff test) of my own... black pilot supercolor, red pilot supercolor, blue pilot supercolor, green pilot supercolor (if i can find it), metallic blue flowpen, silver molotow burner flowpen, gold molotow burner flowpen, copper molotow burner flowpen, ghetto krink (silver), pink uniposca, black H2B (if i can find it) and red flowpen (also, if i can find it). if i find any other markers in my collection, i'll put down a strip of them too...

11. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

arent red flowpens discontinued? i have a pink flowpen mark on my old fridge thats been outside for mabey a month and a half, its pretty faded, ill take a flik in a few. i also got some ghetto krink on the fridge as well as Htb and Metallic blue otr.060

12. hitshit89

hitshit89 Senior Member

anybody ever try a buff/fade test with leather dye cuz i heard that it stains metal like no other almost unbuffable?? and bumsuckfun how is the gold molotow burner? im gettin mine tommorow

13. THEPOSTWHORE5000

:D awesome..im gonna add green pilot to my fade test aswell...bumsuckfun, everything comes off with axe deodorant spray..pilot, garvey, everything...well everything that ive tried it on...and the garvey was on a plastic bottle it was the expiration date...im pretty sure it was garvey..but it came off with axe :(

14. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

15. THEPOSTWHORE5000

lol it buffed every ink that i have...except for paintmarkers

16. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

garvey doesnt work on some plastics, so that's not a big big deal.... metals and pourous surfaces it's killer on... i hear that H2B is hard to buff on some surfaces, and pilot is hard to buff on other surfaces, so maybe i'll mix the two sometime.

haha, yes, the red flowpen is very old, and is currently missing in action, but if i find it... might also have a violet flowpen around too. and maybe even a black one, i'll have to look around.

the gold molotow is okay, but you gotta shake it a lot, and pump it quite a bit before using it.

17. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

oh and panic, that experation date, there is a good chance it WASN'T garvey. i've worked in retail, and even spent a bit of time in the printing industry, and have NEVER seen garvey used. and my friend who i write with, his family owns a convience store, and same thing, they don't have any. Carbon inks are popular for things like that, so theres a good chance what you buffed was just some cheap carbon ink and not garvey.

although one time, i did come across a blue garvey gun...

18. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

19. "awesome"ONE

"awesome"ONE Elite Member

ha ha, I don't have a favorite damn ink, anything that writes well works for me.

20. THEPOSTWHORE5000

alright...i am pretty sure it was not garvey then...it wouldnt come off that easily....i sprayed it once n wiped it n it was literally invisible