Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Freight Train Graffiti Tips

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by RailByte, Dec 26, 2023.

Share This Page

1. RailByte

RailByte New Member

Hi,
    I've recently been wanting to get into doing graffiti on freight trains, since that combines both my interest in trains with graffiti
    I know the basics when it comes to well, painting on trains specifically, for example, don't paint on the loco, don't do it in a Network Rail depot (I'm in the UK just to be clear), don't paint over any identifying marks, don't get seen, etc, etc.

However, what I don't know as much about is the graffiti side of things, for example what paints work best, where's the best places to do it (ie I have some single track freight lines which are very unprotected near me but I have no idea if they're likely to stop on those, and if so for how long)

So: what tips do people have for this?

Also in case it matters the most likely thing I am to graffiti is a train with a class 66 loco, and carriages carrying limestone which is run by GBRf.

Also if this is in the wrong place, don't hesitate to let me know, I'll happily move it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023