Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Grog Ink

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by casperFT, Jan 18, 2005.

Share This Page

1. STRIFE

STRIFE Elite Member

i heard that marsh is overrated and overexpensive, you have to add some sort of pigment to it to make it really permanent, but yeah its about the homemade inks or stuff you add to inks

2. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

marsh t-grade dye-type is just slightly more permanent than black supercolor ink. if you can get it locally (dont have to pay for shipping) and go through ink like crazy than buying a pint of it is a pretty good value. but i wouldn't order since i can get black pilot here locally and it isn't much different.

never heard about adding pigment to marsh... but there is marsh t-grade pigment type black ink that some people prefer, it's basically a more opaque-paint style ink.

if it were me, i'd like to get the black t-grade dye type and add some basic violet or garvey so that it has a nice chemical stain.

3. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

yes bum, i totally agree with you about the three types of ink fans..i noticed you've been on 12 oz prophet ink thread aswell (i was reading through and you were in it at the same time), anyway, listen to bum, he knows his stuff...pilot is almost identical to black marsh except for the fact of marsh being a bit more permanant...i prefer pilot because its cheaper...i dont trust this grog shit...theres been new inks over and over...just stick to your garvey, your pilot ink, and the loved-nero...you dont need this new flashy shit...im already guessing its gonna be just like pilot ink...

4. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

hahaha yes i love learning more about inks and such. that thread definately taught me a lot, and i learned alot from beeone234 on the old bs forums as well. that plus a lot of dirty hands from experimenting myself...

5. casperFT

casperFT Senior Member

have any of you ever tried/heard of murder ink???

6. Bretto

Bretto Member

no but have u?

7. casperFT

casperFT Senior Member

no but i read something about it and they said its really good

8. silkk

silkk Senior Member

i talked to the site that sells it about 4-5 months ago when it first came out and was gonna buy it but there really bad at shipping so i never got it wasent worth the hassal but heres the jist of what they said

grog ink is alot like the origanal nero (came out in 99 - 00) 99% of u cats wont know what it is but its about 4x stronger then the nero thats out now they changed the formula because it was to expensive....... grog has been tested with many graffiti remove solvents and wont fade...... i would buy it to try it out iv tryed almost ever ink out and italy is totaly destroyed so id defentaly believe them

9. *futurestar*

*futurestar* Senior Member

nothing is unbuffable because they could allways sandblast and take the layer away or paint over it .. if you have brake fluid oil or cod fish oil in whatever you are using it leaves a "ghost" "tag" that will be there for a while but will eventually fade in time.

10. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

^i agree, nothing is unbuffable, because something is always gonna be able to buff it...if someone really wants to buff something, they will...but remember, its not all a bout the ink, the marker matters to...if you use certain mops, it will lay a thicker coat of ink on the wall, thus being harder to scratch, fade, and paint over...i dont kno much about sandblasting, but im sure it can buff anything if its used correctly and frequently...

and about 12 oz ink thread....yeah, read that if u want to know about inks...besides personal experiences, i learned everything i know from that thread...rubbish, yeahbaby, and all of them did a good job on that thread...

11. segway

segway Elite Member

if the ink is liquid, which i am damned sure it is, theres a solvent, if theres a solvent that they use to put it on, the same solvent takes it off, the closest thing to unbuffable i would say is etch, but tony was talking about them coming in, roughing it up and torching the glass so it melts to its original state.

12. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

there is no such thing as buff proof

13. oblong

oblong Elite Member

you are right
    i have had the best luck with straight nero

14. EliosAVS

EliosAVS Senior Member

I like marsh and breakfluid..ive messed around making other stuff but i like that the best.
    Never had a chance to try any thing like nero.

15. Alchohlics_Anonymous

Alchohlics_Anonymous Elite Member

16. Tony

Tony Elite Member

not quite original state, you can still see little areas were its etched and sometimes it goes a little wavy

17. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

.. pretty much dead on. it might just not be a solvent thats popular on the market...

i'm also pretty sure cod-oil and such isn't as good as they say. a little bit of dot-3 or dot-4 brake fluid works nicely though for a couple reasons. One, its corrosive and will 'burn' itself into a painted surface (okay, a little less dramatic, but it will damage the surface). Two, it keeps your ink wet longer, meaning the ink has more time to seap in and stain. Whenever ink dries it's done, and can't stain or become any harder over time. Three, depending on the surface and type of paint used, it COULD bleed through if painted over...

but yah, i'd be interested in finding out what this grog's solvet is... like if its alcohol based, water based, petroleum based... whatever it is...

18. denali

denali Senior Member

i like tagging with butter, then you can also have a nice fattening snack when ur done

19. ->toNE*

->toNE* Elite Member

i like nero,and montana with a drop of breakfluid

20. tasor_tbc

tasor_tbc Senior Member

i also heard xsylene works really well for buff proofment