Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Handstyle Battle Thread

Discussion in 'Toy Battle' started by Fube, May 4, 2010.

Share This Page

1. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

14052012354.jpg
    just went with my first attempt... crits???

2. GpersKreepers

GpersKreepers Senior Member

why does the E get all the dope hook ups??

3. crane23

crane23 Member

DSC_2185.jpg
    First entry to these battles, going to be more active with these.
    And idk whats this word but its bit weird imo

E: wow my image is huge, need to fix that to the next entry, sorry all for filling ur screens with my image..

4. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

i couldn't answer that maybe the E has all the good connections.... lol... anything else you would like to add GPERS, would seriously appreciate it.....
    You should check out my new gpers throw, did one in normal letters and the other one is full on star wars....... hope you enjoy

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  5. crane23

crane23 Member

Any more entries coming?

6. Friidom

Friidom Senior Member

couldn't decide which I liked better. thinkin the top one
    xenophobe(1).jpg

7. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Poll! Vote you ******s

HEY FAGS THAT MADE YOUR IMAGES HUGE, make em smaller...

ALSO attachments do not poll well, makes it so you gotta click the lil hot link. and who wants to do that? so try and use photo bucket or tiny pic or someshit (i realize i didn't, but i polled so HA)

Geepers GMV

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  8. Friidom

Friidom Senior Member

9. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

buds that are dank got my vote...

10. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

11. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

12. GpersKreepers

GpersKreepers Senior Member

Budz of dankerton gmvizzle

13. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

gpers gmv

i would like some crits on my entry so i know where i'm going wrong... to get my shit together..........

14. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

15. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

to physh and all the other participants of this battle (except kroe and gpers), my 2 cents are that your moves are too slow and too calculated. tags and throws should be tossed by instinct.

you're thinking too much about your handstyle, so you're getting awkward, non-flowing lines, a very stiff, very choppy style in general, and then finally when you take a look at it, you decide to add a lotta add-ons and extras like the stars and underlines and shit because either: 1- you KNOW you're not satisfied with the handstyle and try to cover it up with those extras. or 2- you've seen em on somebody else's steezy handstyle that you really liked and thought they complimented it and assumed they'd have the same effect on YOUR handstyle...

look at how kroe, gpers, and even dankbudz just tossed the first thing they thought of on paper, you can tell by the quality of their lines (notably in gpers's "swoosh" lines) that their hand movements were fast and instinctive. no thinking, no calculations, no reviewing, no time (it's part of bombing, remember..) and theirs are fresh :)

hope this helps

16. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

that really is what came to mind, other than the extension between the B and the E...... yeah i did ad the lines under the ENO cos they were too small and needed to fill up space....... but yeah thanks i guess, anyone else i would really appreciate it.........

17. cooldawg

cooldawg Senior Member

yeah dude you just added a whole lot of unnecessary add ons, some of the stuff is not even (you can tell this by what is essentially the same 'e' just at different proportions)
    the 'xeno' - 'pho' and 'be' are all at different levels, when you should try and make your tag flow, as venom said 'instinctively'
    and that little sideways antenna type thing comin outta the 'e', ehh just dont do that
    trust me, even if you had just left out all those add ons, it would look better
    and i know this seems like a lot of criticism butt hats just cause im focusin on the stuff that made it not work
    the two highlights of it in my opinion, are how the first 'e' fit in next to the 'x'
    and how the underlines fit under it

18. cooldawg

cooldawg Senior Member

also this is coming from a guy whos handstlye isnt his best attribute, so obviously my word isnt law

19. dmgraff

dmgraff Senior Member

20. Walt

Walt Senior Member

i don't know how to explain how to get good at handstyles, its really just repetition. buy a whiteboard, and while you watch tv, just do handstyles of random things you hear. do if for long enough, and you can do any word really well.
    staying simple is your friend, don't over do it

View attachment 627133

Last edited: May 24, 2012