Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Handstyle Techniques

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Pony_1, Aug 16, 2005.

Share This Page

1. epod

epod Elite Member

lol. who cares about paint. montana is montana. montana is supreme. paint is paint. close.

2. wordsmith

wordsmith Senior Member

yea..just straight practice..i know cats with ill handstyles but no other graff skills...because they worked so hard to make em dope.

so dont do that..haha...practice each element of graff from pieces to sketches to bombs/tags/handstyles.

3. cess!

cess! Elite Member

then what are any of these topics in the toys forum worth?
    this is just like any other one man, its helpin out us ""toys""

4. zoro

zoro Senior Member

just do as i do and make ur own ink and or buy krink put it in a kiwi and if ur a bunch of newbs ull buy anyhtign i rack it all or get hook ups and or go to a grocery store andf get there ink from there tagger guns

5. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

yo you from chicago? i think i saw those tags around on the northside, same style.

6. MICKEY-Montreal

MICKEY-Montreal New Member

yo im mickey and whos from mtl on this shyt

7. screw_loose

screw_loose Elite Member

^^leave before you make yourself look more stupid than you already have.

in any case. get some free markers or streakers from the markal site, use those for now, if you're starting out then you don't have to make big investments. and hit the books every day mang.

8. Escape

Escape Senior Member

Hey i'm super toy and i'm having a huge problem. Like when i started i was interested in marker work and handstyles. now when i first started i felt that i saw improvement in my handstyle with each notebook that i filled up. but now when it comes time to practical and on the streets, i'm realizing my handstyle lacks flow COMPLETELY. it's liek soo choppy, the letters touch each other, but it still looks choppy, it's obvious the letters don't flow into each other, but rather i just lay them down overlapping. like i duno how to explain it/. i'll post a pic whnei get home. but yea any suggestions?

I'm also have the same problem with spraying my tag.

9. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

yea, handstyles take time and eventually there gonna flow you just have to keep writing and develope style to it

10. Wet Mops

Wet Mops Senior Member

yo, i dont know if its the same thing or not... but im a very nervous person when i go out bombing, and this leads to shitty handstyles...i have tought myself to mello out and act chill when tagging, but i still look over my shoulder 10 times a minute......

11. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

taggin should take only ten seconds

12. -=J=-

-=J=- Elite Member

lol im toy but shit u take ages

13. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

i meant taggin as in not just ure name but if you wanna write sum other shit to like what i do

14. Swift_kid

Swift_kid New Member

yo all we'll i'm a huge noob and i'm still a little iffy on where to start, anyone got any tips, instructions or anything to help me get started, i already got a magnum and i think i gots a tag "skid" so anything?

15. tonedope

tonedope Elite Member

16. Escape

Escape Senior Member

#1 tip. make sure you got sick hands before you hit the streets. Don't go out and make an ass of yourself. I've been sketching for a while and gone through like 3 markers and 5 notebooks of nothing but marker tags, and i have YET to hit the street. Simply casue i know i'm not good enough. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Anyways i've been working on my tag. ithink the problem was just my handstyle, it couldn't flow so i sorta started over again from the ground up i'm alot happier with it now. Maybe another week of practice in the notebooks then i'll hit the street. also gotta get my spray tag down too.

17. -=J=-

-=J=- Elite Member

learn to use paint the only way you can get better is can controle

18. __:Amok:_

__:Amok:_ Senior Member

hey "-=J=-" where u from. theres a throw up i seen in my area that looks just like one u posted

19. Escape

Escape Senior Member

I've been using paint for a while and feel pretty confident with it. learned alot of how to handle the can from watching videos.

But i've only been using stock tips, going down to my hip-hop shop this friday to get some ny fats and thins. Then i'll practice spray tags.

20. Vulture

Vulture Senior Member

hand writinz fuckin easy