Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

HELP! MOVING!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DED, Oct 3, 2022.

Share This Page

1. DED

DED Member

Hey, uh, so idk where to go. I’m moving to a small town with 2k people and the closest city spot is 1-2 hours out from me. Any tips or anything?

I’ve been a artiest for 2 years and don’t want to drop it and don’t want to have to stop tagging, bombing, and throwing pieces up. It keeps me sane and it’s my passion.

2. MintyMinty

MintyMinty Member

Hi- this exact same thing happened to me. Big city with lots still of flavour to the countryside where pieces, tagging etc is completely irrelevant- nobody cares , nobody has any understanding or interest in lettering and you stand out for the wrong reasons because no one else has ever done it before so you are the most prolific tagger in the area just for doing one tag. Nobody ever goes over you pieces because no one else is out there doing it so you end up going over your own pieces to make it look like there is a scene when there isn't. I've never meet another writer- ever. How is it going for you?

3. MintyMinty

MintyMinty Member

My experience is that bringing the heat to an area/community that has never had it or known about graffiti causes an overnight reaction from just one tag or throwie. If any of your friends or family know it's you the word soon gets round and you have instant fame and recognition as the local graffiti artist. Everything you do is under the magnifying glass and in the spotlight. Sounds great but it isn't. My advice is keep your writer identity completely anonymous so you get left alone- because there are no other writers you have no one to share with but don't be tempted to tell anyone including close friends and family- don't even let on you are interested in lettering. Also change up your style and even your tag if you have to.