Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How Did You Get Into Graf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffer, Nov 23, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you get into graf?

1. Siblings

6.4%
  2. Friends

37.1%
  3. Internet

7.4%
  4. Other

49.1%
  1. OGT501

OGT501 Member

Honestly i think what first sparked my interest was the opening theme to "Fresh Prince of BelAir" after that whenever i saw my mom had a can of spray paint that was not in use anymore id steal it and write somthing stupid on a wall downtown like FUCK THE WORLD or somthing totally fucked up. the adreniline i got was too mint to pass up so it became a bigger thing to me. it died down slightly for a few years then an aquaintence of mine got busted and i found out his tag name, then i started really really noticing it around the city.

next i got huge in the markering, like washrooms and doors with a shitty tag that changed like every 2 days. once i realized im wasting my time being a vandal i learned the artistic side of graff and since then i been into it for real.

my story newayz

2. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

Mannn i used to be into graff (back in like 7th grade when I thought Crips and gangs were related to it)--and I just was mesmerized by the shit, so I tagged up my middle school with gang shit and eventually got caught--stopped for a year--then came 9th grade when I started seeing 106 shit scratched up in the HS' bathrooms--Looked into it--it was WND 106 (why not die, writers never die--they used to get up down here back in the 90's)--anyway I immersed myself in the shit, took a trip to NYC and checked up on FE and MOO throwing up in south west/south manhatten and also in queens--n it just took off from there.

I started talking to Huez one, Bace, SUMR, RND, BNC crew from Minneapolis, tried to get into contact with WND but still nothin--Just trying to learn up since there isnt shit for writers here to pass on the history

So in other words, still getting into it and trying to get others into it, gotta keep the scene alive cause graff cant fuckin die! :)

3. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

i really dont remember. it was probably at the end of the last summer when my older sister got into hip hop music.

i started listening to music then i got into it all and it was like a whole nother world. started paying attention to what was all around me, even though i never payed attention to it before. thought was pretty sweet.

i sketched random letters, and i came up with "chirip" which sounded like "trip" when you said it out loud. i wenth through MANY names before i came to the one i have now.

first time i wrote on a wall was when i found a black pilot in my dads garage. the whole school hated our principal and the mucic teacher, so i wrote "fuck ms [music teacher], and [principal] too" it got buffed the next day and the whole school was practically on lockdown.

couple months later we had "NWA" and "CRIPS" written on our school in blue, and thats when i started noticing other hip-hop groups life LFA and DOVK down here.

:)

4. Grapez

Grapez Senior Member

I lived in the dundas west area and it was full of graff and i looked at it and always wanted to do it but didnt know what it was about, then i found out more and started.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

i really got into it when i saw some of my brothers work around the house, can't find them anymore. Don't think he still writes.

6. s.ense

s.ense Member

i used to be a sawg little toy but bout 8 months ago me and me m8s got into it and now we r getitng big artist. i cnt help me slef althouhgim getitng caught at moment what should i do if me mum and dad finds out i lvie in the uk by the way :ph34r:

7. chaosrevel

chaosrevel Member

for me it was when i was 8 and my friends older brother was bombing "dtf" down to fuck or w/e. he bombed it all over my shitty little down. at the time it was the shit cuz i
    always loved vandalism. but i also appreciated it for it's skill and dedication it took into making the shit look hot. as toyish as it may sound, if someone can tag better than you, they deserve your respect. that is if your a real writer and not some asshole buffer who hates. i started drawing at that time, now years later my drawing skills are tight as hell but my tagging's still a little toyish. i'll admit it. cuz it's about getting up not being down.

8. SKIT.

SKIT. Member

9. Jugga

Jugga Elite Member

hip-hop...
    always had a profound love for all about it...
    it was just a matter of time....

10. Stonk

Stonk Senior Member

i always loved looking at all the shit on the walls when i would walk with my parents downtown. haha at first i couldn't read tags and just thought that it was scribbling so in 5th grade me and my friend would just scribble little lines everywhere. THen in 8th grade i would write on the bathroom walls, but after about a month of that stoped, and am now getting back in and actually more serious about it

11. aerosolhaze

aerosolhaze Senior Member

seein it in mags and around town and I was like I can do that and just started sketchin and then I found out how many people were doin it and that sum of my friends were too and then wed go bombin but I was more into the artistic pieces like other peepole in here

12. ylive4death2come

ylive4death2come Member

i had been drawin for a while and i have always been interested in doing bad things i dunno y so i figured this was the best way to do 2 things i love and graffiti would be the best thing in the world, if u could fuck it.

13. arest

arest Member

Ive been doodlin on my papers in class since i was 5. Writin' shit like iI hate school in bubbles LOL. Then i started writin' graff around my area in high school which is now. I still got alot to learn, but I LOVE TO WRITE!!!!

14. []ASeR-ONe[]paint slinger

[]ASeR-ONe[]paint slinger Elite Member

this kid way back in the day in one of my classes could draw up some sick fuckin wildstyle. plus my friend carlos who i skated with started to graff and kind of got me hooked on it. although i didn't start actually writting till like 10th grade, but i drew a lot. tight kids and i fuckin miss them since i moved, i havent talked to them in forever. wonder if they still paint?

15. molotow_15

molotow_15 Elite Member

i got into by the culture where i live

16. visually spoken

visually spoken Member

exactly

17. Back2Basics

Back2Basics Member

I bought the LIL RASCAL starter graffiti kit..

18. impendingdoomNOBS

impendingdoomNOBS Member

one time i shoved a marker up my ass when i was like 13, and i farted and the ink shot out and splattered all over the wall and made a sick ass fucking piece, so ever since then thats been my technique.. all i have to thank for my artistic ability is my asshole

19. dark\gbk

dark\gbk Senior Member

sup i got into grafing case i met up wif a local bomber and i always liked his work so wen i met him instead of him kikin the fuk out of me he gav me a can and helped me out and i havent turned bak since the whole telllin people ur a bomber just meens ur lookin for attention and a good way to get caught besides if u rellli bombed u wuldnt tell ppl case real bombin is graffin in insane places, places wer the u culd caught at any moment so to all those hardarses out there that say they can graff becase they hav been on graffiti creator and hav traced der name u can all get f++ked and grow some balls

20. impendingdoomNOBS

impendingdoomNOBS Member

good first post.

actually it wasnt. i couldnt understand anything you just said.