Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To: Legal Issues

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by bumsuckfun, Jan 10, 2005.

Share This Page

1. inker

inker Elite Member

guy knows waths up
    as for that innocent until proven guilty is bullshit your guilty until proven innocent

2. inker

inker Elite Member

wish i knew that b4 know they got me on that bullshit gang profile wath about rent a cops can they detain you or wath cant they do to you that they try to do

3. e.pau-hp

e.pau-hp Senior Member

Extremely usefull post. Thanx for taking the time.

4. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

rent a cops, security guards, whatever can detain you under citizens arrest, and nothing more (unless they are government security guards, or some other high-end guard in which more powers might be given to them). so check out the rules for citizens arrest and detainment in your local area.

laws for citizens arrest are usually pretty tricky, and i think usually only apply to felonies... but once again i'm not sure and i think it varies from area to area. although one thing on your side... its not illegal to lie to someone who isn't a police officer (as far as i know) on something like that. and running away wouldn't be considered evading arrest or anything else (same deal)... so as far as i know (but i'm not very certain on this subject) feel free to lie or run away from security guards.

After doing a search, I could not find any information for citizens arrest in Canada. So there is a good chance that the most they could do it TRY to detain you. Likewise, you could TRY to run away. Basically security guards have no more power than the average well-thinking citizen. In the US, laws for citizens arrest do exist in many places, but vary from state to state and possibly even city to city...

It's also worth knowing that the police typically do not have much more power as well-intended citizens too. However the more suspicious you are, the more dangerous the situation could be (another good reason to speak gently and politely), or in the case they caught you redhanded, than their powers of authority go up. So if you keep suspicous behaviour to a downlo, talk friendly, etc. etc then you'd be surprised how little power the police have to tell you what to do. Their powers consist of asking you your name, address, and date of birth. After that they can't force you to say or do anything else. At this point their options are to arrest you or allow to you leave freely.

What police and security guards have on their side is the ability to speak to you in a way in which you may voluntarily give up your rights. If you LET the police/security walk all over you then they are allowed to. If you defend your rights, and don't consent to anything, there is suprisingly little they can get you to do...

5. ozzy_626

ozzy_626 Member

omg.... i think i just found a new bible :lol:

6. oblong

oblong Elite Member

"right click...copy.......paste to microsft word"

thank you, that was very informative
    great way to rejoin bs
    welcome back

7. cyd

cyd Member

thanks that helps alot even though im in the states now. but does anybody know what rights you have in school? can they search all your stuff (locker, back pack, you) if someone, say anouther student, narks you out? or do they not even need a reason?

8. mad

mad Elite Member

damn forgot about copy paste
    i wrote most taht shit down lol

this is a dope thread enough with the american rites n bullshit

9. DjTerrestrialConcept

DjTerrestrialConcept Elite Member

10. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

in schools it isnt working on a legal system (unless they want to take it that far... doubtful)... but yes, they can search your locker, etc. etc.

just keep in mind, it isn't breaking any laws to lie to the school authorities, but then again, the school probably doesn't care if you deny or not, you might still get in shit... luckily the "shit" is not as bad, since you'd probably just get suspended and/or have to clean up your graff.

11. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

12. dcite

dcite Elite Member

wow, lots of info man

props

13. cyd

cyd Member

in schools it isnt working on a legal system (unless they want to take it that far... doubtful)... but yes, they can search your locker, etc. etc.

just keep in mind, it isn't breaking any laws to lie to the school authorities, but then again, the school probably doesn't care if you deny or not, you might still get in shit... luckily the "shit" is not as bad, since you'd probably just get suspended and/or have to clean up your graff. [/b][/quote]
    ok, my school is really shitty, we almost always have 2 or 3 polise officers there during the day. and im not just talking about paint and shit, can they search your stuff looking for alcohol and drugs?

14. inker

inker Elite Member

wath can a rent a cop do if he catches you spray painting

15. inker

inker Elite Member

wises man on bs

16. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

yes the school can search your locker for whatever they want whenever the want... usually. i'm not sure how it works at all schools but usually they have that right.

i already answered the rent-a-cop thing. they can try to detain you and/or put you under citizens arrest assuming that citizens arrest is allowed in your area. similar to the police, they may word things tricky and get you to voluntarily give up your rights. think smart, don't do anything you feel you shouldn't. security guards have no more special powers than average citizens (except goverment and other high-end guards).

17. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

Man are you like a lawyer or something? I bet you own an Vesace suit, a rolex, some leather shoe's and a pipe. haha

18. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

ok first off kid i FUCKING HATE the Us but its true i havebeen to court and jail a number of time and i know what im tlakin about they have to prove you did somthing or else u get off the hook easy.... as for the person there hold who fuckin care it dont effect i find it hard to belive that there holding him with no evidence no word no nothing not even being allowed to talk to his lawyer there alot more to every story then you read.... not saying it not possible cas i know just like every other person how corrupt americas gov. system is

not once have i EVER said god bless america not once have i EVER said i even like america and the laws not once have i dissed any other counrty so fuck off thinking im some patriot because liek i said i dont fuckin like a whole counrty thats ultra religious, corrupt, one sided, trigger, war mongers, ect

19. maze.dsk

maze.dsk Senior Member

man some good shit man now when the fucking campus supervisors try to search me for some tagging i wont get caught with outher shit lol

20. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

:lol: That wasn't a personal attack allthough reading it over it sorta sounds like it eh sorry i don't hate you or nothing your cool B) but i just hate the US i understand that not all americans are fucked up i said that i have many good american friends, What i hate is the fucking conservatist wankers. And about that uhh god bless america thing, i didn't say you said it i was just saying what right do they have to say that(yadda yadda yadda all explained in my first post) !? Have a swing at australia if you want but i don't care cause it wasn't an attack on you (although it sounded like one) You seem like an educated person who knows his stuff rather than the other people on here that say shit like ' yo yeeer wurd uppp hot dawwwwg ' but anyways just saying

Edit: fuck all the punctuation and spelling i can be bothered