Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To: Legal Issues

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by bumsuckfun, Jan 10, 2005.

Share This Page

1. bink

bink New Member

Situation:

i left my blackbook in my friends car when we went to a party. he left the party with another friend of mine to go burn in the parked car. a cop car rolled up while they were smoking, but my friend tossed the blunt and the cop didn't see it. the cop still smelled the weed and patted both my friends down and looked through the car and took my friends ectasy pill, along with my blackbook. he let the other friend go because he had nothing illegal on him. so that friend told me what happened and how the cop had taken my book as evidence. so i walked over to the car and requested my book back, because it belonged to me and was just in my friends car. he said no, it's evidence of graffiti. i told him i only do graffiti in my book with my friends. he gave me a number to call. i called the next day and went down to the station and was told that if it is evidence only a judge can release it. so i should attend court with my friend to try and convince the judge to release it to me.

Did the cop have the right to take my book? and if so, will i get it back, i have an old name in my book that i never tagged outside of my book, so i was gonna say that's what i write and the rest is people i've meet. any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2. epod

epod Elite Member

it was evidence, he can legally take it but what he couldnt do was search the car. im pretty sure that you have to have broken a law in order for them to search you or your car. and smoking weed isnt a crime lol. and ahaaha making graff? what kind of charge is that... lol. here in ontario its "mischief under or over $5000"

3. flclnaruto1213

flclnaruto1213 Elite Member

4. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

updated... i added more to the being searched section, added a lie detector section, added a new link (http://www.AntiPolygraph.com), and added the always remember part.... sorry i know some of it's kind've repetitive, but it'll get lodged into your long-term memory better that way (works for me atleast)...

5. Slaze

Slaze Senior Member

there was something mentiond about if your 18, if your under 18 are you not alowed to have paint on you?
    Also what if you just admit to it and offer to clean it and do some service. will that get you out of the cort?

6. metro 519

metro 519 Senior Member

so what makes a spot legal???

where are these legal spots???

why dont i know???

7. shineONE

shineONE Elite Member

thats kinda wot i wanna know. how do u know if its legal or not.

8. mail

mail Member

ok guys, i need advice

i was very stupid and kept bombing my school's bathooms over and over and they got me on tape going in / coming out of a bathroom that is rarely used so the janitor or whoever was probably the next one to visit it. I also tagged a bathroom once and a janitor came right in after i did it and saw who i was, but didnt catch me in the act.

when i was questioned about this, i was nervous as fuck because they caught me off guard. I told them i didnt do it, claimed up and down, and they tried to throw a felony/checking the cameras for every insance i went into the bathrooms if i didnt admit it. I still kept at it and kept claiming no, but i got a little shaky and ended up saying that i might as well admit it so they dont throw a felony to me. I kept throwing left and rights, saying that i threw the markers away, i only did one, i copied someone elses that i saw around here, etc etc.

they showed me a bunch of pictures they took of my shit, and i think i claimed at one time that i did the one in the quiet building, but none of the rest, etc etc.

I didnt stick to one story, and i didnt write a statement or anything of the sort, and they dont have any proof other than the video of me walking in and out of a bathroom when there wasnt any.
    Is the video enough to screw me?

i mean i bombed these bathrooms daily and i fucked shit up bad, the fines will be really bad, plus i dont want to be associated with the name if i get hit with more than just the school, but around the area.

NEVER EVER EVER BOMB YOUR SCHOOL
    it will bite you in the ass

9. []ASeR-ONe[]paint slinger

[]ASeR-ONe[]paint slinger Elite Member

all they have is video of you going in and out of a bathroom? there is really no way for them to pin this on you. do other kids use this bathroom? unless you are the only person going in and out than there is no way for them to convict you. stop writting there. don't bring any type of graff related shit with you to school such as markers, paint, mags, videos, etc. and deny it till you die. if the video caught you in the act your fucked, but it didn't so play it cool and nothing should happen.
    OH! and never claim to doing a tag man!!!! if that is true and they know you write that then you really are fucked. but i guess if they can't recall you admitting to it then...you should be fine.

DENY DENY DENY!

10. mail

mail Member

its a public bathroom, i am a college student
    however i dont know if there was anyone in or out of there after i did it because it can be fairly slow in that building, but im assuming there had to be someone else go through other than the janitor - and besides that, he could have missed it his first time around cleaning

i dont plan on writing at school ever again, because this is just bullshit

11. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

i knew about keeping it shut and only telling em my name adress and birthdate but DAMN your a real law buff lol never saw a post so long and read it fully! anyway i just got out of shit with cops and feelin kind of low profile but that would help! thanks man

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

this post really helps alot, too bad i'm underaged

13. spaz65

spaz65 Member

WOW that is way to long it will take me forever to read that.

14. murs1

murs1 Senior Member

man I wish I had known all that shit a copule months ago. I had no idea all the rights and shit I had. Fucking Bacon bits booked me and never told me why. I might have to use some of that shit in court. Better show all that shit to my lawyer
    :lol:

15. *~ANZIO~*

*~ANZIO~* Elite Member

i was lucky, one night me an my partner went out and i did a piece and he did a throwie, then we went a few buildings down an did repeating throwies all down the building. few days later after school detecs call me to comedown to the station to help with this other crime or some shit and when i walk upstairs on there screens was like 20 pictures of my shit and my blackbook on the table. got my buddy (at the time) too. went thru court and offered to cover it up. the owners didnt want ANY restitution (fixing it) but the court wanted me to paint at least 1 building over, and just got the charge on my record it was awesome, no fine, no jail, no community service..but that was the last time i sprayed, i just use my jumbo pilot and do electrical boxes and bathrooms n shit, wutever i want

16. *~ANZIO~*

*~ANZIO~* Elite Member

oh and i dressed up, same as when i fuckin beat the piss out of this kid in the middle of the lunchroom but i got like 5 misdeminors for that shit, only got "tagging" on that 1

17. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

:lol: your the bulshit... canada=innocent till proved guilty
    the post saits it was canadian laws...
    <_< dumbfuck

18. force

force Senior Member

anyone know where i can check up u.k law?

19. "SSOR"

"SSOR" Member

I heard about this big writer in SF who got arrested and was not only charged with 3 years for graff but also got another couple years for terrorism, i was wondering if anyone had heard about this kinda thing happening
    the dude's name is vic20 hes part of the kuk crew

20. soba06

soba06 Senior Member

i like the bit bout the searching but wat if there searching for paint and find druggs can hey do u 4 that??????