Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Meet Other Writers

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by imported_admin, Sep 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. KingPeewee

KingPeewee New Member

well i met a few people by looking in graff hotspots and lookin at there appirance if they got a grafshirt thats good if they god paint on their hand and shoes and pants aprrach them make sure its not white on their pants 0.o why here writes in ny hit me up!

2. Armored Bulletz

Armored Bulletz Senior Member

meeting more and more writers only increases ur chances of getting bagged

3. RustySpoon

RustySpoon Senior Member

4. HATER666

HATER666 Member

school helps, but most are usually toys. i used to know around 20 other writers but when one got caught he flipped on me. Now i'm just getting back into it, and when i do go paint i usually only go with one other person, usually as a lookout. almost everyone i used to roll with thinks i quit completely so i guess that kinda works in my favour

5. zaco

zaco Senior Member

ive had kids walk right up to me and be like "hey your so and so right?". i know its kids and thats cool with me but it gets me wondering who else i dont know, knows me? but dont try to meet other writers cuz they will just find you out of coincidence. many times ive been with new friends and atleast one of them out of the group will be a writer

6. ToNiC

ToNiC Senior Member

The only graff in my area is shitty gang throws. Pitchforks, crowns and stars are the order of the day.

I don't want to be around any of those writers right now...

7. kew1

kew1 Senior Member

yo that picture has me dying right now lmao^

8. Noz

Noz Senior Member

roffl! ^
    wow lol

9. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

yeah same happens with me, one time i was buying something from a shop and this girl asks "hey do you write ......(my tag)" and im like how do you know, she said she sees my tags everywhere. and people on my msn send me pictures of people with my tags in the background like on buses and stuff.

and usually people in my crew are friends of mine and we decided to make a crew, other crews i've joined are people who saw my tags up and asked me to be in their crew.

10. sodi

sodi Senior Member

melbourne writers hit me up with a PM. Also I'm wanting to be in a crew, so if your in melbourne and in a crew, I would be glad to join if its good

11. MASE P_2s

MASE P_2s Senior Member

im a writer from boston who just moved to south florida any writers who wanna bomb pm me

12. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

Rode the bus and took out my blackbook, dood from the back rushed up to talk to me. Could have swore the guy was a cop (I trust no one) but then he started showing me his shit, I'm assuming there isn't much of a scene in the noVA area. The other writers I know, we all go to the same college so we stick together, not an official "crew" but we talk and shit and sometimes go bombing.

13. mplswriter34

mplswriter34 Member

100% but do u actually know silk,shock,static, waldo, river...?

14. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

i Lol'd at the cops in this thread.
    More Writers around you= More heat
    higher chance of getting snitched on too, shit ain't cool.

15. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

hang around at paint shops, when people go to buy paint ask them 'do you write, what do you write' and ask them if they wanna go painting some time. this could also result in getting your ass kicked so i dont suggest it if your alone.

that or look for people that wear lad clothing, lad clothing consists of a stripey t shirt along with above the knee running shorts,and a white cap. usually nautica or polo brand. and they also wear nike tn's.

16. Chel

Chel Member

I had a difficult time finding other writers at first. Now, it's not as hard as it used to be. Here are some tips:

1. Go out. Keep your eyes open where ever you go. Scout for paint on clothes and graff on hats. Most of the writers that I have met, I ran into at the super market or at college.

2. See if there is a graff shop near you. Cool employees might give you information as to where most writers hang out, directions to legal walls, etc. Don't be afraid to ask the appropriate questions.

3. The internet. Writer's pages are usually difficult to find, but finding a common web page of writers in your area might lead you to meet others.

Best of luck to all reading this!

17. milk bar star

milk bar star Member

i know a -few- guys in australia that got busted by their schools for bathrooms/local walls from shit they did in school books.

what escape said is pretty much it. tag in black books and paper in your own home is usually the best way to go about it. all the writers back in school would destroy their books with tags and sketches, end of the day you just raise suspicion for yourself.

sometimes its alright though, when i was in highschool our art teacher would let us bomb the blackboard with chalk

on topic though: best way to meet writers is hanging around hot spots and talking to the writers you know in school, and just act cool. a big problem for me when i first started was i tryed too hard to fit in. be yourself and focus on the art of it

adding onto what chel said though, theres a shop in newtown in australia dedicated to graffiti and the guys who run it are/were writers. seeing as they're dedicated to graffiti they obviously know pretty much anyone worth knowing in sydney. talk to these guys in your respective towns.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  18. RedEyes

RedEyes Elite Member

Know your history and you will eventually meet writers, i now know every big head in my city plus have meet some out of towners.

19. NICCSACC

NICCSACC Banned

friend me on facebook "Nickel Sackson" ill be your pal there. AND i write.

20. eL.kORE.ONE

eL.kORE.ONE Member

Well to meet other riters you have to hit them up or be up a lot so everyone in your city can fucking see you up sooo yeah or they hit u up and never be a R4nKER