Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How-to: Stencils On T-shirts

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Idealeyez, Apr 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. rolling roks

rolling roks Senior Member

yeah i am interested in doing a shirt or two
    so regular flat black spray paint wont work for shirts?
    i gotta use some specail kind of paint?
    if so where do i get it?
    micheals or something?

2. sxiz

sxiz Member

what you need to do is get a paint roller and some fabric paint. if you use a roller with fabric paint on it and roll over the stencil it comes out perfect on the shirt and it doesn't wash off.

3. rolling roks

rolling roks Senior Member

regular spray paint doesnt work??
    gay

4. Tagger101

Tagger101 Senior Member

i learned about making t shirts in graphics class stencil on tshirt will work but screen printing is way better and you can make billions of shirts in three seconds or even diffrent ones the screens like five bucks to make and you can use them forever look it up on google or some shit

5. REPTAR_3RK

REPTAR_3RK Member

I have made alot of t shirts with regular old painters touch and they tend to stay in decent shape. they start to fade at around wash 7 but i mean you can make another one right. its free cuz you made it.
    STEP 1: find a picture on the internet. DONT PHOTOSHOP IT. PRINT it off in black and white. STEP 2: cover the blank side of paper in charcole or pencil, w/e you got (charcole works best) tape the photo to w/e you are cutting it out of. STEP 3: trace what you want to cut out with a pencil so that there are no islands. when you remove the paper a charcole image of what you drew should be there. no just redraw it in pencil so that the image doesnt smudge off cuz it will. STEP 4: cut it out and your good to go. I know this sounds like alot of work but when you want to do say a 7 colour stencil like my muppet one you need to take your time.
    View attachment 333230
    View attachment 333231
    View attachment 333232
    View attachment 333233
    View attachment 333234

6. x{parkour}x

x{parkour}x Senior Member

7. REPTAR_3RK

REPTAR_3RK Member

Thanks man ive never done one with a clear coat but its a good idea.

8. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

you guys can check sites liek uptowns.net and shit. its a air force one forum but they got a section for custom clothes & shoes

fags on there do a lot of custom shit they know all the good paints that last through washes and shit... there might be a better forum btu thats the only one i know off the top of my head

9. x{parkour}x

^ i think a few layers of montana paint is good enough on a tee, thats a good site tho

10. TESTER

TESTER Senior Member

WORD, i also tried regular acrylic paint and it worked a bit stiff but throw it in the wash a few times and your good to go

11. x{parkour}x

yup, no problem

12. mada focka

mada focka Senior Member

13. REPTAR_3RK

REPTAR_3RK Member

Thanks for the compiments man. yours are pretty good. just keep at it and you eventually get better. my first ones looked like shit

14. x{parkour}x

yeah those transparent sheets work good for multilayer stencils, nice tees mada focka

15. mada focka

mada focka Senior Member

thanks parkour, yeah ill keep at it, i might try some multi colors soon but i dunno. how long have you been stenciling like that reptar???

16. westXcoast

westXcoast Member

just dont its a waste of shirt
    plus the paint like hardens your shirt(where u painted)

17. x{parkour}x

^ nah i dont think so, stenciling shirts is kickass

18. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

stenciled these on my jacket

World/Inferno Friendship Society
    ai214.photobucket.com_albums_cc205_pooptart666_IMG_0881.jpg

Stencil by banksy. everything else on this i sewed on myself
    ai214.photobucket.com_albums_cc205_pooptart666_IMG_0876.jpg

step 1 - find a stencil you like on the internet, or design one yourself.

step 2 - trace the stencil onto the paper side of a piece of freezer paper

step 3 - cut out the stencil

step 4 - lightly iron the stencil onto whatever fabric you want the image on MAKE SURE THE WAXY SIDE OF THE PAPER IS DOWN. this makes it stick to the fabric so it wont move around and you get a crisp clean image

step 5 - paint over the stencil, make sure there is no color showing through anywhere on the paper. you can use acrylic paint, any kinda of fabric paint, or screen printing ink. i find that screen printing ink with a mini roller or a sponge works the best.

step 6 - wait until all the paint/ink is completely dry and peel off the paper. wa-la! no go out and work your new steez.