Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Indie Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BIGel, Sep 23, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Transatlanticism! I love that album.

You wouldn't happen to have any of their older albums [Something About Airplanes, We Have The Facts and We're Voting Yes, or The Photo Album] would you? :)

2. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

3. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Thanks!

I am eternally grateful.

4. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

i think ill be on this thread everyday looking for new bands
    its all i listin to and id like to find more then..

mewithoutyou
    saosin
    circa Survive
    tv on the radio
    new years day
    phoenix
    the go team
    digitalizm
    the fall of troy
    peter bjorn and john
    ..some more i cant think of

edit.. does anyone know the song life on an air plane and who its by? if they could link me it that would be sweet, i can not find it anywhere

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  5. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

i like how ive seen most of your list

6. Proper

Proper Elite Member

You've seen Phoenix!?

7. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

so. you can do me anytime.. no homo

8. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

proper yeah i was paintin a peice in the background at there show at bonnaroo.... that show was soooo fucking amazing besides the decemberist that was my fav show (this year)

9. Proper

Proper Elite Member

I'm seriously jealous. I would love to see them perform 'Too Young' and I'm not even embarrass to say that.

I first heard that song in Shallow Hal. Lol.

10. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

yeah that albums fucking amazing, they rocked the shit out of the whole show the whole time it was MASSIVE amounts of glows sticks just being thrown from side to side every one happy and dancing the fuckin outta everything so hard it was hella dusty, mad beach balls flying around along with inflateable pool rafts of animals and shit being passed arounf some people crowd surfing on them hella good vide they came on at like 11pm like ive dug the shit out of them but when i seen them live it took it to a new level there shows are up tehre with radiohead, famming lips (sound wise not all crazy like lips show) Deathcab (when there feeling the crowd), One AM RAdio, Alais and Tarsier, ect ect ect... so dope the molly also helped but just enhanced the show to the right level, just hella good vibe

other note worth shows this year at roo was Tv on the radio, heartless bastards, Grizzlybear, Animal Collective, Decemberist, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nin, Al Green (who was mind blowing), Wilco, VOlta, MGMT, GirlTalk, Of Montrel, Coheed, Passion PIt, Crystal Castle (WHO ROCKED IT), Portigul the man <333333333333, Heavy Pet, Tabacoo, ect ect.. this year rocked it there was soooooo many scene girl there i was going nuts usually its all dirty street kids and hippys.... but this year om nom nom shit even pherz rocked peices out there along with MSK AWR TKO KOG 666 plenty of others

[Broken External Image]:http://cache.thephoenix.com/secure/...nix/Music/Features/bonnaroo2009_crowd_475.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/onstage-at-bonnaroo-music-festival.3504763.36.jpg
    View attachment 499807
    View attachment 499808
    View attachment 499809
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.bonnaroo.com/uploaded/images/blog/phoenix1_330.jpg

beastie boys, flava flav, chairlife, grizzly, white rabbits, of montreal, passion pit and more where in the corwd dancing with the us all
    http://vimeo.com/5143649
    chairlift talking speachless about the pheonix show

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  11. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

proper if your still in texas for you going to ACL fest? they'll be there along with a bunch of other amazing acts

12. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

listining to phoenix just made me realize to stop crying about school starting ill soon have 1901 in a web edit so this winter ill be posting that up

13. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Phoenix will be at ACL? Fucking sweet!

14. properisfuckinggay

properisfuckinggay New Member

15. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Gesus you went to an Animal Collective show?
    I like them.

Some friends of mine saw Crystal Castles and they said it was the worst show ever. The sound system was junk and had tons of feedback.

16. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

that sucks but they were at a huge festival and the fucking sounds was SICKKKKKKK it was perfect they were so hype they had to stop for fucking like 5 mins and collect themselfs theyyyy were fadddddddddddddedddddddddddddd and the whole 20,000 croud was too it was one huge fucking mash of ppl fucking fried out of there gord and people rolling so hard they were droping left an right in there, there light show was sick the fog machine was the dopest i ever seen, that sucks they blew at your homies show but i been to alot like that ive walked out on alo of shows due to shitty sound trchs who dont know how to rock shit correctly.....

and AC was SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK fuckin sucked it was in the day though.. im not fond of day shows

and proper are you going to ACL?!?!?!!!! if so we should meet up and shake our asses at that show and do that maceraina

17. Proper

Proper Elite Member

You're cool.

I don't know whether I'll be at ACL but if I do manage to go, I'll definitely shoot you a PM.

18. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

the wolf parade song modern world is in a commercial or on a show, but i cant think of which one, someone help me!

19. Epoc

Epoc Senior Member

20. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member