Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Ink blackberry recipe

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by TopazOner, May 13, 2024.

Share This Page

1. TopazOner

TopazOner New Member

Looking for a way to make my ink a purple like colour. Red would be cool too. I've got some strong ink going with xyline, woodstainer and various inks. I have thought about trying potassium pomegranate or pvc primer but they arent easy to get for me. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

2. Paulllaaa

Paulllaaa Member

What alternative methods have you already tried?

3. dodgy_david

dodgy_david Member

It'll be hard to make a decent opaque ink that goes on red/purple.

Pens...
    1/3 red, 1/3 blue, 1/3 black (purple)
    2/3 red, 1/3 black (dark red)
    Use metho as the solvent to extract the pen ink, less is more.

You could add in mahogany feast as well, I assume you're already doing this. It'll help with stains and bleeding through if the buff paint over it.

I'd refrain from using/adding xylene, it's NOT an ink additive and it does NOT mix with alcohol (alcohol in the wood stain) and causes separation, basically fucks up your whole batch...

Potassium permanganate should work fine and is easy to get your hands on at most chemists/pharmacies but you need to make sure you crush the crystals up prior to adding to your mix, or else it'll clog your nib up.

Whatever you do please don't buy brew ink products, they're shit (way too much dye so their inks never soak in properly) it won't leave a scar unless the buff only paint over it without buffing first, it'll just smudge and they actively endorse a pedophile.

Last edited: May 15, 2024