Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ironlak vs. montana?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by 3ksta...c, Oct 8, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

who even gives a fuck about what paint smells like ?
    you buying them cans to smell em or to paint with em ?
    wear a gasmask if your delicate lady nostrils are too gentle to be fucked by spray fumes

2. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

true eight up there^ but personally i think ironlak smells plasticy and i like the smell of cheap paint better. i'm talking about old school krylon and rusto.
    i have some ironlak right now and i really like the consistency, great covering.

3. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

the thing is I tried montana, and it's great, but really expensive yeah.
    I have yet to try some ironlaks... these are getting really good reviews and a lot of writers are switching from montana and even beltons sometimes to ironlaks

but I guess it's like guy said: it's a matter of personal preference, and I totally agree with that

4. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

i cant believe someone would use an ironlak instead of a belton, wtf are you thinking?

personally i've never used montana, but for the price i would expect it to be good. i mainly use ironlak coz its aussie and cheap.

5. viseversa101

viseversa101 Elite Member

mostana>ironlak...kill this fuckin thread, il never reply again

6. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i have no problems with lak... mtn is better quality but its thinner and drips more and costs more, lak is thicker cheaper and easier to paint pieces with... so itd be stupid to only choose one brand of paint... im sure even people sponsored by ironlak use other brands and "vise versa"... like how i did that? lol

and i like ironlak white better than belton or mtn white... am i crazy?

94 yellow is the shit too just tried that out... pretty sure 94 has the best coverage of anything ive ever used... not a lot of colors though

7. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

smokeitup I didn't say I'd rather use ironlak than belton... read what I wrote again dude

8. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

woops. typo. meant to say what are they thinking.

9. SmoothOne

SmoothOne Member

I don't know where you shop for 94s but there's a lot of colors available for 94s. I think by far Montana 94s and Montana Aliens are the easiest to spray with especially when doing high detailed pieces. I love Ironlak for the price and the availability. You can always find a store with Lak around here in So Cal. 94s are always running out. You just can't beat the price for Ironlak though.

Ironlak covers well but you are right, Montanas and even Beltons have great coverage with a single layer of paint.

10. SpeekOner

SpeekOner Member

Ironlak Reloaded smells SUPER GOOD and I'm an Iroklak fan all the way and if you wanna drop big bucks talk to their rep they will give you a great deal on alot of paint... Don't too much like the valve system on the reloaded though i can't get some tips to work on them... But overall The best Paint I have used!!!

11. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

ur right i just checked artprim0 and they have mad colors... i guess the last time i bought 94 it was a new product and they only had like 20 colors when it first came out...... i love alien cans though, great for highlights and outlines, and put a pink dot on that bitch and they can flare with the best of em...

lak does have the best price but there as it was brought up before laks are 11oz. cans and both mtn and belton are 12oz... so u arent saving as MUCH money as u think, but ur still saving

12. wasted1

wasted1 Banned

id point of some facts about montana. montana is heavy paint with fast drying , old montana smelled like candy indeed, new montanas are even better with coverate, better color tones, montanas cap system is amazing. the pressure is exelent what lets you work on little details without need of cut. about ironlak. iv never tried it but i wish i would but we dont have this paint imported here yet.. ironlak seems exelent on videos, pictures

13. wasted1

wasted1 Banned

also you can order most of paint from storages.. i dont know the exact english word for it.. but i think you know what i mean. its usually cheaper there and you can buy bulk amounts very cheap

14. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

we would call those wholesale warehouses or something... most of us writers is po' folk though lol so its not really an option... ill use anything i can get a hold of pretty much

15. Stoked2PaintNY

Stoked2PaintNY Senior Member

its called 94 cuz guess how many colors they have??? places u guys get ur paint from prob just didnt have every color in stock

16. 4ENOD

4ENOD Senior Member

my buddys buddy just got 700 cans of ironlak! an he's sellin em' 5 dollars Canadian a piece!

SHAMWOW!

so ima hit him up this week!

17. Flash_One

Flash_One Elite Member

ironlak becuase of the price

18. Aesir

Aesir Senior Member

Spanish montana for the fucking win. 94 + hardcore are both pretty orgasmic. 94 is epic for peicing and the smell ain't gunna make you wanna punch a baby like ironlak does.

19. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Does anyone notice that the NY fats that come with ironlak aint that fat, I find the pink one that comes with the can works just as well, The only cans that the ny fat is atually fat with are the black and silver, any other colour just isent that big.

20. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

well ny fats are wack really
    you lookin for fats caps for ironlak or just any can
    cuz if you got any highpressure can toss the pink dot on or rusto fats
    for the low pressure they aint really made for bombing but the best cap for fills would prolly be the ny fat i cant even really think of any other caps that can even with on em