Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ironlak vs. montana?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by 3ksta...c, Oct 8, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Siptester

Siptester Senior Member

Rustos ftw.
    I ordered a shitload of the new Ironlak cans and the Reloads recently. A few of the Reload cans were giving me a real hard time. The cap like popped off 2 cans and paint started spraying out of the valve. The rest worked well though.

2. DECO ONE

DECO ONE Senior Member

OK.. here is my input.. IRONLAK... by far the best value for the dollar... goes on clean and smooth.. low pressure makes it amazing for piecing... montana is good paint.. but its NOT worth what they charge for it.. i would take ironlak or sabotaz over montana anyday... but REAL *****s learn to piece with Rusto or tremclad... if you cant rock a piece with solid paint like rusto.. you dont deserve to even TRY piecing with a paint designed for graffiti.. that is basically cheating and skipping over Key steps us Real writers go through.. i would take free rusto over ANYTHING paid for..

3. Prodigy22

Prodigy22 Member

I gotta go with montana for most, but really large scale I like Ironlak

4. oneztwo3

oneztwo3 Member

real men use rusto!

5. STARPLAYER

STARPLAYER Senior Member

6. fizzz

fizzz Member

kinda a toy question but i've always used rustos and now i wanna expand in color. so, do ironlak cans take male or female caps?

7. Karl Malowned.

Karl Malowned. Member

not sure where you dudes buy your rusto but thast shit si around 4.99 a can here. so why would i buy new rusto with their weak color selection when i can get ironlak for almost the same price. nothing against rusto but its not worth 5 a can. what do u dudes pay for cnas of rusto?

8. Stoked2PaintNY

Stoked2PaintNY Senior Member

the laks use male caps, and for the price of them yes u should just buy em over rustos for great coverage and u can bomb with laks too. i pay 3.95 for a can of rusto and rack a few as well

9. XCES

XCES Member

rusto around here are 3-4 a can, due to my current situation racking is not an option for me anymorre unless its just easy pens and shit. so ifi can pay 3 for rusto ill just pay another dollar for sabotaz, def my favorite paint. but i actually use a lot of color place, 99 cents, and of course ny fat/thin work fine on them

10. Stoked2PaintNY

Stoked2PaintNY Senior Member

i know this is ironlak vs montana, but how would you compare sabotaz to ironlak? lookin to try em out. color place is the shit!! the gray covers really well for only 99cents and there great for fills, usailly do gray fills with ironlak black outlines. works like a charm

11. Graffitiwinkel

Graffitiwinkel New Member

Since 2 years I work as a professional graffiti artist ( meaning nothing more then that it's the only job I have to support my finances). I use both brands; both have their qualities and prices.

Montana Gold has a wider colour range, which makes it better to use for photorealistic work. It has not such a superior coverage as Ironlak or the Montana Blacks, for use on brick walls without any paint on it it's simply not suitable. If I have to paint on concrete or brick walls, most of the time I use Ironlak: sometimes combined with other brands to gether a wider colour range. Simple graffiti work or abstract work is also just perfect for use of Ironlak.
    Also: in my experience I'd rather save the more expensive products like Montana for projects with a larger budget. Cheap tricks go easy with Ironlak. Any graffiti bombing also...
    But there's just one thing about Ironlak: the smell.... pff gives me headaches

Some work with MONTANA:
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.jamesjetlagmuurschilderingen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/23-sept.2010-0221.jpg

Some work with IRONLAK:
    awww.jamesjetlagmuurschilderingen.nl_wp_content_uploads_2010_01d000b9a6cc01af692990c6633373d4b.jpg

12. KAZonee

KAZonee Senior Member

ironlak fades they should fix the uv system if they havnt already

13. XCES

XCES Member

there very comparable, both very thick and cover extremely well. in my experience ironlak might cover slightly better, and i mean very slightly. the medium pressure valve on sabotaz 80 is sick, put on a gold dot or any skinny cap it feel like a ironlak, use a fat cap it feels more similar to montana hardcore. Sabotaz also seems to dry just a little faster, but it smells fucking awful haha.

14. scorn13

scorn13 New Member

its just a matter of opinion, i personally like ironlak better because its lower pressure but it all depends on what your doing, pieces/wildstyle-ironlak bombs/throwups-mtn

15. dip02

dip02 Member

real men do whatever the fuck they want

16. mattxgrace

mattxgrace Member

truth.

17. d e t h

d e t h Member

certain montana gold colors dont cover worth a fuck. i prefer montana black any day

since im poor i would say ironlak...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  18. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

19. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

neither, their both dick.

rustoleum or die.

montana drips like a mofo even when you let pressure out
    ironlak..please...that shit is the worst, especially if your doing freights..hey..check it out! a brand of paint that smells strong as shit DAYS after you paint it, some time the valve is leaky, it fades like a MOTHERFUCKER

rusto>everything

20. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

fuck being an artist with ur fancy paints...be a writer and respecct the rackable rustoo...save for money for shit thats important, like rent booze strippers gas and drugs