Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Jesus Saves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zealot, Jun 19, 2005.

Share This Page

1. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

Christians were some of the first people to write graffiti as a form of rebelion when they were pursecuted by the Romans. Everyone writes for a reason small or large, you wont agree with all of them.

2. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

actually there are some pretty dope christian writers out there go to www.gospelgraffiti.com there are even more but i don't remember the URL

3. _____Dasil_DasOne_____

_____Dasil_DasOne_____ Member

So this guy is walking by the lake one day and he sees this bearded man standing on his pier right before the edge, looking as if he was going to jump in. The man was curious to find out what he was doing so he asked: "Hey, what are you doing!?" The bearded man replyed: "My name is Jesus, I am the son of God. I am going to walk across this lake."

The man was intrigued but in disbelife so asked to watch. As he took the first step out he fell forward and straight into the lake. The man began laughing at him yelling:"You crazy booze hound get out of here before I call the cops!" To this the he said:"But I am, I am! I just haven't tryed this since before I got these holes in my feet.

Why dosen't Jesus Eat Skittles?

4. W0NDERBREADD

W0NDERBREADD Senior Member

im not digging the whole jesus thing... writing jesus saves is only going to incorporate a few people who are christians, and alienate others. i doubt it would bring a smile to your face if you personally saw a sign that said allah is the one true god. stuff like this only incorporates a few people. personally, i think there are truths in all religons, and if you look at all of them, they pretty much preach similar things.

but it brings up dicussion about, is graffiti more than tagging? should religous and political topics be expressed in graffiti form?

i personally think that graffiti, in its essence, is going to offend people and is exclusive to those who appreciate it. i have a much different appreciation for when i see a nice mural, than a business man who sees it on his way to work. if you write jesus saves, then you are not only restricting your audience to those who appreciate graffiti, you exclude those who arent christians. but your goal is probably not appreciation of your work, but the spreading of a message you believe in. my point is, that you'd probably spread your religous message more effectively in a different medium.

5. CraYon

CraYon Elite Member

Hes from the east coast. Based out of New York i believe. [/b][/quote]
    Yea thats true. I've only seen this cat in NYC....

Anyways, its kinda cool that he's gotta religious message behind what he does. At first I just thought it was just a tag...You know, like a name noone gives a fuck bout (like Jew). But I ain't know it was something to actually think bout. Like in my old neighborhood, there's like 50 Jesus Saves tags on one block. Me and my friend's was like its prolly some Jehovah's witness dude tryna be cool. But then I saw JesusSaves everywhere....So I give him props for being up and different i guess.

6. anza

anza Senior Member

i tihnk it is, or at least should be. i mean i've always taken a political aproach to my graff, because i was an anarchist before i got into the game, and the political graffiti i did before i became a writer influenced me to become one.
    even now, i write soma, which is a refference from aldous huxley's book 'brave new world' to explain the deal quickly, its a superdrug created by a supertotalitarian government to keep people from thinking too much and questioning the status quo. some people examine elements of our society today as somas, such as television. end my number, 23, symbolizes the number of years mumia abu jamal (an innocent black man framed for the murder of a police officer by the philedalphia police department, and was not given a fair or racism-free trial) has been on death row for a crime he didn't commit.
    all of my stencilling has political messages as well, like the heuy p newton stencil i'm going to make today after my exam.
    i think that politics is a very important element of graffiti, simply because every interaction is a political one in the society we reside in, so politics is important to recognize in the world around you.

7. skateparadise

skateparadise Elite Member

Shut the Fuck up. you are an Idiot... what is that guy doing?.... he's doing Graffiti... what kind of fourm is this ??? a Graffiti Fourm. im sure he gets more up then you and more then all these toys on Bombing Science.

8. masen_one

masen_one Senior Member

jesus saves who?
    jesus saves what?

jesus is dead buddy...

9. 3hree Namez

3hree Namez Senior Member

In reference to whether or not graff is a sin... The Bible says to obey the laws of the land. So in practical terms it pretty much says that legel walls are alright, but hitting illigal spots is wrong...

My oppinion on this... I like the fact that this dude is representing Christ. BUT I would bet that when the average joe see's 'Jesus Saves' on the interstate he thinks that the person who wrote it is some wacko Christien. Most people in the world don't understand that graff' in many cases is a movement; that we're trying' to send a message. I like and agree with this guys ultimate goal, but i think in some cases what he is doing could be counter-productive. :blink:

10. aerosolartist12

aerosolartist12 Senior Member

writing graff illegally is a sin, ive been rased in church mah hole life yo, it says in the bible you shouldnt go against the authorities and stuff like that so graff is a sin, www.gospelgraffiti.com that is a christian graff crew there good to check it out, im doin a wall with faith in july. peace! jesus does save.

11. aerosolartist12

jesus isnt dead u retard u shouldnt say things that will offend ppl ur starting trouble.

12. skateparadise

the kid is just goin to go to hell.
    haha

13. aerosolartist12

only god can say that man, a human cant judge another human on where he'll end up for eternity.

14. deathorglory

deathorglory Elite Member

Who cares?

Just because he writes jesus saves and tells us his story of how he found jesus, we are like hrm, what if writing is a sin? It doesn't matter does it? We are going to do graffitti or we are not going to do it. Its as simple as that. This guy is just wanting to get some hype with a gimmick, i mean, if thats how you want to do it im all for you because apparently im writing a post about you.

But he isn't that sick, there are lots of people who tag jesus saves on things but I guess he is the only with such an "old school look" with that snazzy jacket it of his.

15. skateparadise

I dont really give a fuck about any of this. we all have your own opinions and that's it. if writing is a sin or not. We are human. we are not perfect.

16. 3hree Namez

3hree Namez Senior Member

Like 2pac sayz... "Only God can judge you..."

BUT... You can warn a brotha'... I get annoyed by people spouting out lines like that... Many times it's just a way of saying "Who are you to me?... Get off my back"

I'll tell you this... One can read the Word, then take a look at the way someone is living his or her life, and get a pretty good understanding of whether or not God would approve of the lifestyle... That's speakin' the truth in love, without a hollier-than-thou attitude. Then if person rejects what is being said... So be it.

17. her

her Senior Member

aerosol artist is absulutly correct in my opion..yea we are all just people and arent perfect but anyone that is christian believe after we die we are judged for every sin we have done and not gotin forgivn for..im only on this earth for estamate 80 yaers if lucky and the rest my life forever is goin to be in heaven or hell..80 years of sining is not worth eternity in hell!

18. skrooeapatape

skrooeapatape Senior Member

when people say "you are going to hell" just becasue they have personal beef with someone, dont like him casue he effected them negately or whatever.. i find that fucking disgusting.. they just say that casue thatss a powerfull idea and a cheap way to attack them to effect them emotionally.. but i wouldnt take it that seriously casue thats all it is a concepot reffering to a scary place that will effect your psych... (being there forever etc).. and how can you call someone a retard for saying "jesus is dead"?? even if i believed in jesus i wouldnt neccesairly disagree with him saying that.. also can someone explainme the logic for going to hell for infintity for a finite sin and like killing someone you go to hell forever for senmding someone to heaven forever ( i know you disturbed life in this form) but when your in heaven forever apperantly with all the peopel you know etc whats the differntce between living another few decades as a human.. anyway the idea of hell is absurd you get consequenes (emotionally and or reaction from others (which effects you emotinsl;y) in this form life, and heaven is a WANT.. can have big reason to believe its juist us for psychological reasons..

at first i believed there was a guy named jesus who helped start the most attractive religion at the time (out of the Many previous religions) casue it had a lot to do with the human moral instinct etc...(morals).. was a good speaker etc... but now after researching and listneing to experts on the topic.. like the other dayt a Christian was on the radio for a book he wrote, and he was saying that after his reasearch he concluded that Jesus never even existed.. he just was play on of the stories from the many other religions at that time etc..

Heres a link to s Movie that just came out on that topic.. chek the link!! my computer doesnt have sound but hopefully it says somemain points..

http://www.thegodmovie.com/trailer/tests/G...-Trailer-LG.mov

there you go (first of all on ones one sided .. but and the side want to afdress now is not anti 'god' just anti people making specific image to and of 'god'..

19. sace66

sace66 Member

I'm really surprised at how many ideas this "Jesus Saves" has brought up. I didnt think alot of other people had a deeper motive to do graffiti like the "Jesus Saves" guy. Props to the people that do this to spread a good word....but im also athiest....but i also believe in spreading an idea for positive feedback....and the political stuff that anza was also incorporatin into his graff also had some good meanin...i dont kno alot of graff writers that put that much thought in their name....and wonderbread...i dig the idea of some people looking at the Jesus Saves as a negative thing.... I kno not everybody agrees on the whole Jesus was gods son and all...but I think that the idea of wut Jesus and Allah and all those other ideas represent pretty much the same thing....so i doubt that other ppl with different religions would get offended....

20. Alyte

Alyte Elite Member

"better is an open rebuke than love that is hidden"

proverbs something something