Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Krylon And Other Name Brand Paints

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Payday_909, Jun 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. d_g

d_g Elite Member

You guys are fucking lucky with the choice of paint you have over there. Over here we have

Australian Export, $4 a can, most of it's like water but some colours are ok for fills, male can, so no caps for it.

A couple of other overpriced brands with male cans.

Dulux, $8, about the same quality as painters touch, just shit colours.

Painters Touch, $12.50 a can, that's a dollar cheaper than molotow here.

Molotow and German montana for about $13-14.

($10NZ=$7US)

Fuck NZ sucks.

2. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

wow u guys down under have it hard eh??
    I thought mtn was expensive at 7$.

3. snap_pxc

snap_pxc Senior Member

Yo i'm tryin to find out more about this 'blubber paint' its way cheaper then molotow and montana, and i jst wanna know if its any good in comparison to krylon, color vision and montana

4. faime

faime Senior Member

krylon h20 with ny fats tags only

its lates but no one uses water to buff paint

5. menace_305

menace_305 Senior Member

I use white malmart for my fill on a piece and It worked fine I didnt have to back and fill in anything

6. sketch13

sketch13 Senior Member

for the guy who started this thread and who i doubt still checks it but for everyone else as well you dont have to use krylon or montana yea there nice to use but fuck if you dont got just go rack some shit from wallmart or canadian tire depending where you live i reside in CANADA EH! (damn stereotypes) lmao anyways thats my input peace :blink:

7. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

whoever told you that is a moron.
    it all depends on what youre doing.
    if your peicing you wanna get a low pressure can like montana but it doesn't really matter. for bombing, cans like rusto and krylon work fine but no one cares. its just paint. the same thing come out of all of them..

8. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

whoever told you that is a moron.
    it all depends on what youre doing.
    if your peicing you wanna get a low pressure can like montana but it doesn't really matter. for bombing, cans like rusto and krylon work fine but no one cares. its just paint. the same thing come out of all of them.. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. Hell even getting some of that appliance spray paint ( forgot the name of it ) from wally world ( aka Wal*Mart ) would work good for bombing though the colors are pretty limited.

9. unreal mystery

unreal mystery New Member

krylon is good but drippy

American Accent & Rustillion is good also

10. WritinG_SPIRIT

WritinG_SPIRIT Senior Member

Exactly. Hell even getting some of that appliance spray paint ( forgot the name of it ) from wally world ( aka Wal*Mart ) would work good for bombing though the colors are pretty limited. [/b][/quote]
    ahhhhh beginners... people think if u write, you're either gonna use montana or krylon... so typical... paint is fuckin' paint, but there's also the quality.. beginning kids are funny arn't they.... monkey see monkey do -

its like sayin... it's mandatory to use a dope lookin' mask just to make you look like a real motha fuckin writer.. graff gear, come on.. haha

11. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

I ordered the mixed package of caps off B.S. will they fit on rusto? i hope so, i just bought a whole cabinet full of that shit.

12. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

painters touch-i can piss brighter colors than that crap.
    krylon-a little watery, i dont like the colors, except the satins.
    rusto-my choice, thick colors, good selection..expensive.

is the montana any good? it costs a damn fortune.

13. acidconceptone

acidconceptone Senior Member

it goes like this

CHEAP ASSED CANADIAN TIRE PAINT = verry good paint. comes with calligraphy stock tips. almost always works with rusto fats. black and white only

SLIGHTLY MORE EXPENSIVE CANADIAN TIRE PAINT = 4 cans for $15 after tax it comes in some cool colours but its very limited. works with almost no caps even though ive got banannas to work on them many times. GREAT WITH RUSTO FATS

KRYLON = its biggest advantage is its avalability, colour selection, and the fact that it works with all those fancy caps. you can put german outlnes, n fats, orange dots, blue dots etc... however it covers like shit and it will drip if you arent careful (here is a neat trick hold ur krylon upside down and push the cap for 30 seconds.)

TREMCLAD = i found cans with 33% more per can in gloss black and gloss white. i thnk this tremclad shit takes forever to dry and its damn near $6 a can.

PAINTERS TOUCH = awesome paint! works great wiht rusto fats! nice colours. however ive gotten very dirty trying to use it with most fancy caps. VERY DIRTY.

14. Spark89

Spark89 Senior Member

For bombing, any brand will get the job done.
    I would just worry about actual pieces to start shopping for the better stuff.
    As it was mentioned before, just get some montanas for colors and I just krylon for black and white fills.

15. RustyBurrito

RustyBurrito Senior Member

Completely agree with this one. The only advantage to Krylon is that pretty much all caps fit and it's available everywhere. Doesn't cover worth a damn though and drips out the wazoo (especially sunset orange)

Rusto is 10 times more dip resistant and comes in a ton of cooler colors however it's not available at as many places and it costs more usually.

16. Citizin

Citizin Senior Member

At my Walmart theres black gold yellow pink orange green white and a bunch of other cans for 98 cents. The shiz.

17. vman

vman Elite Member

It is manditory.

18. Darkeist

Darkeist Elite Member

i justbuy the 98cent paint on the bottom of the shelf at Lowes (sorta like home depot) only comes in black and white, i hope pink dots fit on those, they should...shouldnt they?

19. Ozone

Ozone Member

yo, i got a can of signal white belton molotow the other day, and it hasnt got a ball in it, and a few days later i go back to the same place, and get a next can, but that one has no ball in it either. This is the first time iv come across something like this, so am i just unlucky or do all signal white cans of belton have no ball in em? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

20. InsaneSanity

InsaneSanity Senior Member

shake shake shake shake shake shake shake... its stuck.. ive had it before.