Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Lookie-Lookie at the Blackbookies: flicks>talk

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by geezpot, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. FRE

FRE Senior Member

2. EBA

EBA Elite Member

It's up and running and I am just testing it out right now But I will likely invite people tomorrow. It will require a working e-mail aaddress for you to get the invite. If you prefer to keep that secret, juat drop me a DM. You can do so by clicking your inbox at the top left, selecting "Start New Conversation" and then putting my screen name ("EBA") in the "participants" field.

3. Ijustwantyoulifeline

Ijustwantyoulifeline Elite Member

4. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  5. Junglizt

Junglizt Senior Member

Here’s a thing

C33AB3A0-FDC9-417C-AD50-7D750DF591AF.jpeg

6. intoeCAN

intoeCAN Member

I worked on this the other day and I'm getting worse in terms of colouring and shading for some reason those steps keep messing me up so I don't do them hope it's still cool lookin

1500x500.jpeg

7. Side_One

Side_One Senior Member

Focus on simple letters first because as a starter you will get lost easily what letter is where and that's why its messing you up. If you practice consistently than you will get the hang of it. Once you achieved that step, move to the next stage where you can make more complex letters by adding more elements to give certain weight and balance to your letters. As for shading, my preference is vantage points. A quick google search/youtube video should explain with a breeze. Hope that helps. Good Luck!!

8. intoeCAN

intoeCAN Member

ya I can't make it look sick cause when I try colouring the inside the designs look weird for some reason... Also I can't shade like 3d n stuff but I'll keep your feedback in mind thanks bro

9. intoeCAN

intoeCAN Member

Here is something I worked on this morning it's not finished but you get the idea

IMG_20240304_101744122.jpg

10. Side_One

Side_One Senior Member

I'm guessing that you write 'intoe' from your sketch/username. I'll try to make you a sketch with simple letters and 3D to steer you in the right direction.

11. Side_One

Side_One Senior Member

Here is one I did really quick. First, try simple letters and go over the outline in red. Make sure that all letters are the same weight and size as pictured in the first photo. Second photo, you choose a vantage point where you want your 3D to go( I chose bottom middle but it can be bottom left or bottom right or anywhere you want to choose). Third and fourth photos are how it would look finished.

It will take a lot of practice, I been in the same spot as you when starting out. I'm not perfect either but I'm gradually improving. I can only speak for myself so take my advice with a grain of salt. I practiced different letters. From those letters I would always make a different version and would analyze after I finished my sketch how I could of done better or what worked best/didn't. Furthermore, I would only focus on one letter a day to finish my piece because if I did finish in one day I felt liked I rushed it.

1000000961.jpg

1000000963.jpg

1000000962.jpg

1000000965.jpg

12. Proper

Proper Elite Member

This is a cool project, I like it.
    Also you've been holding down this thread for ages it seems. Major props.

13. intoeCAN

intoeCAN Member

Looks cool, I need more practise I guess... some people are just naturally sick at it which I find is pretty awesome lol thanks for your sketches

14. intoeCAN

intoeCAN Member

15. Ijustwantyoulifeline

Ijustwantyoulifeline Elite Member