Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Marc Ecko, The Art of Fucking over the Scene, and Getting Paid video game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sure_1, Oct 15, 2004.

Share This Page

1. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

2. sure_1

sure_1 Senior Member

oh =-o new section

thanks for the heads up Gesus

3. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

no prblem thats what im here for

4. expo

expo Senior Member

and i think 50 cent is the wackest mother fucker

5. RUSK

RUSK Senior Member

i think that the worst part about graff these days is the heat on the whole scene considering that cops go out on patrolls simply to look for graffers and they have a special sector in the cop station specificly for graffiti, they have a binder that i have seen with my own eyes that is about 6 inches thick and about 20 by 15 inches wide and tall,and it is filled with graff they have tabbs on every body....EVERYBODY and half the time its cause of these wack little bitches who see there friends doin graff so they drop $100 on a bunch of shit,choose a cool word (like chron or anger or something super faggish) and bomb houses so those people call the copps and then they patroll they bring all this heat so all the tru mother fuckers get pinned. FUCK!

6. Jean-Steve's pet peeves

Jean-Steve's pet peeves Member

you people are funny. crying that this game will make graffiti commercial all the while typing on a graffiti internet message board. listen, graffiti hasnt been underground in over 20 years, you're not in on some secret thing here. every tv commercial uses graffiti when targeting teens, it's used to market everything deemed urban or cool by companies when they're trying to peddle whatever product they're selling they even had Revs & Cost on the ricky lake show like 10 years ago. there's magazines, movies, books, about 3 million internet sites covering graff. just relax, graff aint goin nowhere.
    sure this will bring along a bunch of crabs who'll write "Trane" everywhere and then go out as fast as they came in but that also goes for most people on this website. i only hope the game is fun to play then maybe i'll check it out

7. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

finally someone who said the same thing i did nicely done good sir nicely done

8. Malis One

Malis One Senior Member

lets see some more screen shots

9. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

this will bring good, and bad, hopefully good...alot of ppl are gonna start writing, and alot of them are going to be toys, yet alot of people will be o.k., and may stick with it...lets just hope that our shit doesnt get gone over, and if it does, who gives a shit, if your a real writer, then it wouldnt even matter because you got 100 other bombs everywhere else

10. Tony

Tony Elite Member

uhhhhhhh, im pretty sure he helped develop the game.

11. killah-EF

killah-EF Elite Member

12. casperFT

casperFT Senior Member

i read some stuff about it....ill prolly get it

American Graffiti
    New details on Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure

August 13, 2004 - Back in May we announced that fashion designer Marc Ecko would be releasing a graffiti-themed video game. At the time, we had very little information about it. That was then. We now know quite a bit more.

Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure is Marc Ecko's contribution to the graffiti culture he feels so passionately about. He's teamed up with 50 of the world's most well-known graffiti artists to give the game a sense of realism and truth that most people don't truly know.

"We have the chance to finally tell the urban narrative the right way…with soul and sincerity in the real voice of our culture," said Marc Ecko. "Atari shares my passion for this project. They understand that the video game is the ideal medium to deliver a fully immersive urban experience. Working with The Collective, we're going to shatter cliché stereotypes and create the first truly authentic urban video game experience."

Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure combines combat, action, adventure and stealth as the main character, Trane, sets out to prove that he's the best graffiti artist around. It's really not that easy, however, as the game features something called, "Get In, Get Up, and Get Out". Gamers will need to use stealth in order to "get in" to restricted areas, dexterity and agility in order to scale tall objects to "get up", and the ability to think on your feet as you run from the powers that be in order to "get out".

"The city of New Radius is a living character in Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure; it sets the tone and offers the thematic boundaries that oppress Trane from the opening cinematic to the dramatic conclusion," said Richard Hare, VP of Creative, The Collective. "We're honoured to be entrusted with bringing Marc's vision from the written page to the small screen. Collaborating with so many creative forces is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity."

And that's the extent of our knowledge on this one, but stay tuned as more info is bound to come soon. The game is slated for a 2005 release.

-- James B. Pringle

and this

May 06, 2004 - Atari wants you to hit the streets and go all city with your Krylons and some New York fats on top for some serious damage. This may not make much sense now, but the world of graffiti will be coming to videogames soon with Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure. Mark Ecko is the found of Ecko Unltd. and the publisher of COMPLEX magazine and is bound and determined to bring the world of urban culture and graffiti to the living room. The title is set for a June 2005 release, but a sneak peek will be available at E3.

If anyone is capable of translating the urban experience to gaming, it's Marc Ecko. As an established graphic artist who has been involved in street culture for several years, he's gathered plenty of experience that should be useful for the final product. As the voice and name of the game, he is lending his personality to the project and is clearly excited about the whole prospect.

In discussing the upcoming title, Ecko said, "This game will be genre-defining. Revolutionary. We will put the flag in the ground of popular culture with Getting Up. Over my seven-year journey to get this thing made, I have had the good fortune to have met and explored opportunities with many different publishers. Atari allowed me the freedom to challenge the status quo manner in how games are developed, and that is precisely why it is the ideal home for this title. This is a dream come true for me."

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure will be developed by The Collective. Previous games by The Collective include Wrath Unleashed and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

there ya go kiddies all i could find

13. kyer

kyer Senior Member

first of all y are u all so arrogant and closed minded yeah this game will rouse up some more toys but who gives a fuck? personaly id try it first then judge it, then if its a halfway decent game ill play it for kicks every once in a while... but i seriously think on bombing science forums that 1 person with a high rank voices an opinon and then evry 1 takes his side. back 2 my theory that these forums are a popularity contest. anywho iam going to reamin neutral until i try the game

14. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

15. halo

halo Senior Member

*with patriotic music in background* Its true to.....I look up to all the forum vets........like tony, and gesus, and of corse, how could I forget Uni_bomber, and whatever they say I think should be right...........

16. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

you jsut named the whole emc EMC WHUT

17. -tk06-

-tk06- Senior Member

are you fucking kidding me? this is gonna make a 4000% increase in toys! and i don't even have a gun to scare them off yet.

is it only for ps2? no xbox or cube?

18. joust

joust Elite Member

did they just gank all that cope shit, thats weak.

19. cuttingxedge

cuttingxedge Senior Member

looks fun, wtf does that dude have can holders for? is he going to war haha :blink:

i'll chek it out for sure.

20. nybomber

nybomber Member

yeah im wit him on this one and where the fuck can i get me one of those can holder things that that guy has and when do cans have 6 sides