Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

I have some regular oil pastels and they work good on concrete and other rough surfaces. I like them cause of the variety of colors.

2. Genghis Tron.

Genghis Tron. Senior Member

Yeah i have pastels but i want something that drys

3. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

It's not hard to find markals for maddd cheap.
    I got a site where I can get them for 89 cents.

4. alexhate

alexhate Senior Member

5. BLACKLISTED

BLACKLISTED Senior Member

pastels will ruin your clothes if you leave them in ur pocket on a hot day.

edit: or you will forget to take them out of your pocket, and it will go through the dryer and all the clothes in there will get RUINED

6. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

im tryin to run thin ass gk thro a nib and it wont flow just around the the nib not soaked in....wat the fuck!!!

7. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

8. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

sharpie paint...i was usein gk in it b4 but a dif color and then i refilled to use silver....

9. alexhate

alexhate Senior Member

just get a new one.

unless its ink i never try and change paint in a marker.

10. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

yeah,I tried to buy one of those Zigs while my parents were taking me to buy new shoes(I brought good shoes that has good grip so I could run and climb easily),because for some reason I was in a Micheals store.
    By the way I saw these 70s or 80s can brands there,it was updated and had all these colours(by the way I spell colours u could tell im canadian).

11. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

yeah,I tried to buy one of those Garden craft sorry while my parents were taking me to buy new shoes(I brought good shoes that has good grip so I could run and climb easily),because for some reason I was in a Micheals store.
    By the way I saw these 70s or 80s can brands there,it was updated and had all these colours(by the way I spell colours u could tell im canadian).

12. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

^stop talking in parenthesis, if you go to Michael's you might as well cop yourself a bunch of rubber stamp cleaners

13. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

QUESTION- (if you joined BS like a week ago and never even made a marker, please stfu and let someone else answer the question.KTHNX;))

I made a mop outta a travel size hairspray bottle and used old school eraser felt for the nib. I added ink, not paint, but the nib barely saturates, even when I squeeze, it takes forever to get a solid flow. What am I doing wrong? Is eraser felt too thick? The ink isn't..

Yo Hett! I know you readin this shit! Drop that knowledge son!

14. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

did u put cotton in the bottle? it shouldnt be an open resivoir for teh ink unless you have a valve.
    but i havent had good luck with capillary action markers, so just make sure tehres cotton in it, and keep adding ink until the cotton doesnt absorb anymore.
    then like dip the nib in ink or drip ink on it
    put the nib in and let it sit on its side
    then tip it upsidedown for liek 30 seconds, then you should be good

15. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

or if you want it really drippy then just shove a nib in and squeeze, i do that with any wack ink that flows wierd, i just take out the nib and shove soem eraser in an OT mop

16. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

I didn't put cotton in the bottle... I just made the nib strip go all the way down to the bottom of the bottle and filled it up. I'll try it with cotton. I just figured the cotton absorbed leakage, but it don't leak. Hopefully that'll work.

17. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea try to cut the nib shorter and use cotton, then shive the nib in so its touching the cotton.

18. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

If the cotton doesn't work(it should) try taking a needle and poking a few holes in the nib.

19. EgoZen

EgoZen Elite Member

Does someone know a good way to modify a pilot super color marker?

20. RUDE_Bwoy

RUDE_Bwoy Elite Member

take the nib out and replace it with a rolled up felt nib and fill it with your own ink