Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

not really. unless you use a fuckton of pens for soem nice pen ink. mayeb soem woodstain recipeis

2. noxi

noxi Elite Member

maaaaan thats gay. I get tired of purple. Hmmm, does woodstain dry up the nib like paint does or does it keep it moist like inks?

3. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

wettttttt as olick's pussay

4. noxi

noxi Elite Member

yeeeee jus the way i like it. bahahahaha

5. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Anything, if exposed to oxygen long enough, will dry up. Unless ofcourse it's 100% oil based, because oil just doesn't evaporate the same as liquid such as alchohol based inks.
    There are some sick Ink Recipes in the INK Recipe forum. You may have better luck there..

Alright so I broke down, for the most part, the structure of the Molotow Masterpiece for those of you who remain skeptical. The highlighted green is showing the Patented Eight Pathways through which the ink reached the entire area of the nib, via pump system..
    It is like A gas dispersing over ground. Ex... Fog over a field.

The process could be best described as diffusion. Sort of like a virus taking over your body's Red blood cells. The ink consumes the nib, and as soon as all is soaked, you write and once you pump the pump system again, it equally disperses the ink throughout the nib..

[Broken External Image]:http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/sublime_terrorist/Photo_030109_006.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/sublime_terrorist/Photo_030109_007.jpg

I can't safely tell you the stock ink in either one of the two already filled markers will write as well in the nib as my ink recipe does, but I would hope it does. The trick is to evenly sand down the nib on the entire width of it, and get it juiced up before writing. I used a fourty grit sandpaper and flattened down the edges of the nib, making sure to have smooth lines

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  6. Siner

Siner Senior Member

7. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

did you try pulling real hard?

8. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

That might end up messy haha

9. Siner

Siner Senior Member

This things really pissing me off, i've been through like five of them and the same thing happens, i just remember another user on here was able to get it off so i don't know why i can't, i'll have to try a vice i guess...

10. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

Dope mini mops

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  11. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

what are they?

if you don't want to post it on the board, think you could shoot me a PM?

12. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

CVS stain removers

13. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

good looking, man.
    picking a couple of those up this week.
    are they soft bodied?

14. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

15. immoral

immoral Elite Member

I have always had this theory that if you lightly apply heat, for a long enough time, the body may naturally soften because the molecules will disperse enough to be a squeezable marker.

Now in reality, I am probably highly wrong.

16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

^ahha yes taht would just melt it. if you want to soften the body, check the type of plastic.
    if it isnt hdpe or pp then soak it in some acetone for a while and it should be a little better. or just squeeze it back and forth until its easily squeezable

17. immoral

immoral Elite Member

My guess is if Acetone isn't the prefered method here, then get some plyers and squeeze it repeatedly..

I noticed with my oi.nk style mops they softened even more than before with the Acetone I used in my gk.. (klean strip Acetone) It is a fiberglass resin thinner.

18. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea the plyers thing is a good idea too.

19. immoral

immoral Elite Member

I dunno..

I am bored.

Anyone know Any good mods to do with any random professional grade markers?

20. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

with the arrow mark markers, or i think its the smae as the k71, if you have the white paint one, you can add some dyes to make it cool colors.
    or
    on pump valve markers, like molotow empties or w.e.
    you can use needles and stuff or drill a hole in the nib, and install a little tube liek a straw, but make sure its below the sruface, that way it doesnt scrape when your write

so then if you write as normal it loooks normal, but if you juice the nib while your writing it spits out ink and you can get drips. but im assumign thsi kills ink fast, but who cares