Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i've tried many of these and the only one worth while is bingo makers and shoe polish things, the rest just leak and make a mess and are not consitant at all

2. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

images-2.jpg
    does anyone know how to make something to get ink into its a pump system with a removable nib

3. twisties

twisties Elite Member

I always wondered how they'd work out in general. Curious also.

4. dmgraff

dmgraff Senior Member

either sakura solids or markwell
    i have sakura beause they have a cap and a case so i can put them in my pocket but from what i have heard the markwell have alot more paint and there cheaper so you choose

5. marshall-uk

marshall-uk Member

yeah they are quite cheap and they look like good markers but i cant find any reviews on them

6. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

NO NO NO. Paint And alc dont mix for one.. and DOT3 does not stain. it prolongs dry time. You have this all wrong. No one listen to this guy, hes full of poo And ink and paint can not be intermixed.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

If you can find a small enough funnel or something similair you can take the nib out, push in the pump valve and basically reverse fill them. Its a pain in the ass though and almost unworth it. the only time ive bothered is with a silver metallic. Also some valve markers can be taken apart and just dont look like they can, like elmers painters, you can get the whole valve assembly off

8. graffitiWISCONSIN

graffitiWISCONSIN Senior Member

I gotta agree with u. in shoe polish bottles I only put paint though just because I prefer paint over ink any day. it just looks a lot cooler & the colors are so sexy.

9. graffitiWISCONSIN

don't use alcohol with paint or dot3. dot3 only works with ink. paint isn't really made to stain it's just good to stand out & show up. u also have to use paint thinner & nothing else

10. graffitiWISCONSIN

I used 1 of those blistex roll on chapstick things with the steel ball. u take like a nail file or something to pop the ball off the there's 3 plastic things in there that act as a flow restrictor. just break those off with the nail file. then pour your ink or paint in. I used some india ink that I got from school. u have to keep the marker vertical when u tag otherwise it won't work.

11. graffitiWISCONSIN

grog ink sucks dude. everything grog sucks because there solvents are shitty & it'll warp almost any mop. the ink fades in a matter of days. **** ink & illadel ink are the best inks on the market because they're both fade proof & they both are super opaque.

12. graffitiWISCONSIN

bl2 is a bit thicker. use thinner alcohol based type inks. pilot ink is pretty good ink but not as hard staining as bl2. any thin alcohol based ink should work just fine. i've personnaly never use bl2 or an ultrawide but I talk to the guy who owns illadel every day & he tells me about all this stuff

13. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

A 5 of your total posts were made right then in a row lol. Couldnt summerize?

14. CANADIANA

CANADIANA Senior Member

A friend of mine had one of the original mini wides and he had garvey in his and and worked great. I havnt used the bl2 ink either but im guessing its a pigmented ink and thats why it wouldnt flow properly. But yeah an alcohol or dye based ink should work good ei. pilot, garvey, ****, flowpen ink etc.

15. graffitiWISCONSIN

i'm not sure if bl2 is a pigmented ink but the guy who owns illadel is a good friend of mine. i'll ask him for you & get back to you. I even asked him if bl2 would work in an ultrawide & he said it works fine. i'm not sure why it won't work for the guy.

16. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

FYI - I went to Michael's yesterday and they've got Sharpie paint markers on sale for $2.50
    I think they're regularly, like, $3.99... also their black books are 50% off.

san_sharpie_paint.jpg

17. graffik

graffik New Member

A Smurf Would Turn purple

18. graffitiWISCONSIN

dude sharpie paints suck. they dry out to quick. I have 2 of them & if u want them pm me

19. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

Man, that's crazy. You gotta shake the shit outta them when they're brand new... but once they get flowin', I ain't ever have any issues at all.
    I got quite a few of them. Never had any issues with them drying out quickly. I wouldn't do any major fills with them, but for outlines and some detailing - I think they're great.

20. MiDo93

MiDo93 Senior Member

nah dude, sharpie paint markers are kinda beat. i hate how they are oil based, if they were acrylic it would be alot better