Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Mixer Caps?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by eaze, Aug 13, 2004.

Share This Page

1. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

not true... that whut i used to make it and it didnt work right leak and sprayed paint all over my hands...

2. loki

loki Senior Member

you probly had a leak use some glue on the caps to seal it

and i was wondering on that site they said turn one can upside down but the mixer cap on the page and the one that guy made on this post there both holding the cans right side up so does it real matter how you hold the can

3. Tony

Tony Elite Member

its what i used before i used the stock cap/pen tube method, just the straight pen tube works great, maybe you just dont know what your doing

4. Tony

Tony Elite Member

your supposed to hold the cold can upside down so if the preasure starts to equalize the paint wont go back into the other can, but it shouldnt matter

5. loki

loki Senior Member

6. Slob

Slob Elite Member

I've found that when mixing cans one good thing to do is put one can in the fridge(or freezer: but not for too long) and another in a pot of boiling water. You must be very careful tho not to heat the can too hot because of the pressure. I've found that this method is far more efficent because the paint transfers between cans a lot quicker, and cleanly.

7. oblong

oblong Elite Member

^nice to see a newer memeber helping people out and not being a complete idiot like most others
    welcome to bs slob

8. loki

loki Senior Member

haha im done tryin to make mixers first time it wasent sealed right and just sprayed all over so i put more apoxy on it. worked for like 5 sec then the presser just poped the apoxy and paint went all over shit was funny

9. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

word.... im just going to get some at the graff shop(if they have em)....

10. purplerain

purplerain Senior Member

i really wanna try this.....i have nothing to say.. i just wanted to post something

11. STRIFE

STRIFE Elite Member

wow, this is new to me

12. oblong

oblong Elite Member

chromes plus reg
    nice colors

13. Alyte

Alyte Elite Member

14. seckzoner

seckzoner Elite Member

oh fuckeerrry, i was making some stencils, and i mixed together some montana azzura blue [spanish] with some shitty tremclad silver paint, fuccckk its so sexy. i wanted to mix it, but i dont have the time or will to make one. aah

15. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

try mixing red and gold, it gives a nice sparkly dark red

16. (*eKLeK*)

(*eKLeK*) Senior Member

be careful w metallics they dont mix well with alot of other regular colors somethin in the metallic ones just causes the paint to stayt separated and doesnt completely mix. sometimes this cause interesting color variations while spraying but will almost always clogg after a few sprays. and fuck bics get a wd 40 tip or some kinda other auto lubricant spray tip(the ones without inserts) then bust open a old emty can (make shure all the pressure is out first , just hold the cap down till the can stops spraying even air) n pull off the strw that is inside the can theyre alot wider allow much better flow. u may have to clear alittle space in the cap for it but this can easily be done w/ a exacto or drill
    ohh and the can HAVE TO BE DIF TEMP(one cold one warm) other wise it wont work. :ph34r:

17. -resq-love-obk-

-resq-love-obk- Elite Member

will a can explode if it freezes too long? and on the site it says to put the cold can upside down. but its right side up in the picture?

18. yuki

yuki Elite Member

I just mixed red molotow and white krylon and it makes this really cool bright pink. It looks flourescent almost.

19. yuki

yuki Elite Member

it seems to me that the bic pen mixing tube between the cans without even using caps works fine.

20. Tony

Tony Elite Member

freezeing cans wont make them explode. throwing them in a fire will.